£250.000 Donation from each EPL Club

rpw

What's the thoughts on the proposal that every club in the English Premier League "donates" quarter of a million in to a golden handshake fund for departing chief executive, Richard Scuddamore.

For me there are a number of things that really piss me off here - the guy is retiring after being paid big money and a huge bonus, EPL clubs should be using any spare money to help charitable causes or their local communities. And probably my biggest gripe is they can do this because they get an obscene amount of money from SKY & BT, with a chunk coming from Scotland & Ireland. Even the new SKY deal that is being proposed for Scottish Football is a joke, I know its an improvement but I still believe we are being undersold - and the main interest for SKY is Celtic FC.

So should the guy get the pay off and should the clubs be funding it in this manner ?

What's the thoughts on the proposal that every club in the English Premier League "donates" quarter of a million in to a golden handshake fund for departing chief executive, Richard Scuddamore.

For me there are a number of things that really piss me off here - the guy is retiring after being paid big money and a huge bonus, EPL clubs should be using any spare money to help charitable causes or their local communities. And probably my biggest gripe is they can do this because they get an obscene amount of money from SKY & BT, with a chunk coming from Scotland & Ireland. Even the new SKY deal that is being proposed for Scottish Football is a joke, I know its an improvement but I still believe we are being undersold - and the main interest for SKY is Celtic FC.

So should the guy get the pay off and should the clubs be funding it in this manner ?
No and clubs would be pissing on their fans if they agree. I am more concerned with sevco providing for referees pre and post retirement no doubt using other folks money ?

This 'obscene ' gesture sums up what the EPL is all about - money , money and more money !

They don't give a sh*t about ' The Game ' .

Their 'big' clubs have gradually demeaned and devalued their own precious FA Cup over the last decade by playing weakened teams at almost every stage - except if they get to a final ;
their import of high priced foreign players has seriously damaged their national team ( this year's World Cup not withstanding ) ;
they have seriously damaged Scottish Football by their outrageous TV deals ( aided and abetted by the Satellite companies )

And now to suggest that one of the already seriously rich architects of all these fundamentally damaging developments is given another fistful of cash ( tax paid no doubt ) is pissing on the public and telling them that it's raining !

Last edited:
Irrespective of the sky amounts the clubs are not doing enough for the normal fans to be able to afford a perch.

Fans in england have long since bemoaned the glory hunter culture which is pricing their common five eights out the game.

Hearing they wish to bestow a fortune on someone who does not need it, has already been handsomely paid and is likely to earn a salary after that most fans can only dream of.

Well i would imagine that being a boot in the chuckies to most.

Absolutely shameful old boys club when most of us feel like the recession has never let up.

Go figure how with the people these selfish barstewards really are.

The rich robbing the masses to subsidise the rich. What a lovely world we got.

WTF would he need all that money for? Disgusting idea and if my club added a quarter million to his pension I wouldn't dark it's doors again. :mad:

Too true !

However it is crystal clear that none of these EPL clubs are asking their FANS if this is a worthy cause because
a) They know what the answer would be , and
b) They don't give a f*ck what their fans think .

I'm not on the give the guy the dough train but for the sake of playing devils advocate how much has he earned each epl club by bringing in these massive tv deals? How big a part did he play in the stupid money splashed out by sky? So recent reports say he took it from 670m to 5.14bn during his tenure. That's a jump. His wage and bonus is 2.5m. Dial the numbers down. Forget the many 0000000's he played a blinder.

It was his mate that suggested the bonus! What a guy!
And the b@stard will be picking up a consultancy fee after this retirement + a pension.
Again playing devils advocate what did the bunnet make from his time at celtic? A cabbie that used to give me and my brothers a lift from my dad's to my mum's when we were pups said it was a few quid. He did wonders. Again cabbies might talk pish. Few of the older glasgow lads probably jumped in his cab. Auld Jim the Tim with the old vauxaul cavalier

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back