£5m Ajeti signing today, Toney and new left back targeted as unrepentant Bolingoli loan move planned

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I was just reading an interesting article from a West Ham fan page (clickbait??? possibly!) where they are speculating that the real reason for the hold-up in this transfer was not Ajeti changing his mind but rather that West Ham were desperate to receive payment asap, rather than him going away on a loan. They missed a payment of £5.4m to Frankfurt for a previous transfer on 15th May and FIFA were notified and insisted that they should pay it immediately. It appears that West Ham still have not paid this amount and there may be cash flow issues.

It appears bizarre that an EPL club of their stature were defaulting on payments of such relatively small amounts, and I wouldn't have thought Celtic would be paying all of the £5m upfront, so not sure if this is true or not.

Anyway, a warm welcome to Ajeti (I will pretend that I never thought you were an arsehole this time last week for "snubbing us"). Let's hope he scores many goals for the Hoops in the next few years.

I was just reading an interesting article from a West Ham fan page (clickbait??? possibly!) where they are speculating that the real reason for the hold-up in this transfer was not Ajeti changing his mind but rather that West Ham were desperate to receive payment asap, rather than him going away on a loan. They missed a payment of £5.4m to Frankfurt for a previous transfer on 15th May and FIFA were notified and insisted that they should pay it immediately. It appears that West Ham still have not paid this amount and there may be cash flow issues.

It appears bizarre that an EPL club of their stature were defaulting on payments of such relatively small amounts, and I wouldn't have thought Celtic would be paying all of the £5m upfront, so not sure if this is true or not.

Anyway, a warm welcome to Ajeti (I will pretend that I never thought you were an arsehole this time last week for "snubbing us"). Let's hope he scores many goals for the Hoops in the next few years.
think the costs of running their stadium are crippling but even so the money pumped into these clubs by sky shouldn't see them short

think the costs of running their stadium are crippling but even so the money pumped into these clubs by sky shouldn't see them short
Not so sure on the stadium costs. The British taxpayers paid £100s millions to build a multi-purpose stadium which we were promised would be a legacy of the games for the next generation. Instead, this was then rented out to West Ham for a pittance.

They initially agreed a £2.5m / year rent on a 99 year lease, which has now increased to £3.25m (index linked) due to increase of capacity to 66,000 (for which WHFC paid ~£10m to facilitate the costs for the changes).

But it is crazy that they cannot make their contractual payments as they hover up talent from other teams across Europe.

Get Toney....seen him several times on youtube......electric pace, turns players around...inside out, watched him bewilder defences with short accurate passing, not too bad in the striking dept too.........I think he would be the best buy since Dembele........Price? ......at least the same as we paid for Eduarde.....we would be repaid back in guaranteeing the ten.....:giggle:

Do it Des......

Ajeti woz nevr givn a propr chance at west ham, so gotta hope he's d striker dat showd 4 basel.
describd as n aggressive striker. (y) just wot we need.
looks a tuff wee man, 4 sure his direkt style is gonna get us a few penalties from d klumpers at sevco n others

Maybe the bubbles are about to burst...

The President of the No 1 Albanian CSC says 10 is coming...

·
2h

Urime dhe suksese Albian Ajetit për numrin

Keycap ten

dhe #CelticFC

Green heart

White heart

për TEN-IN-A-ROW!

Trophy

Hail Hail!

Four leaf clover

Four leaf clover