“It plays smoke and mirrors,” Celtic Trust Officers and Trustees face motion of no confidence

Celtic are my emotional vent.

It gives me love when I need love. It gives me joy when I need joy. It makes me hurt. It makes me angry. It makes me laugh. It makes me cry.

These last few months, Celtic has carried me through heartache and pain.......the time for a mump and moan will surely come, but just for now, all you members of the Celtic Trust........

JUST FECKIN REJOICE!!!

From my understanding the "Celtic Trust" only became so relevant last season due to the shambles of a season we had, which I will forever more claim was caused at board level and the 2 puppets played out the villains of the show just to keep sevco scum (SS) alive and in return hoping to keep a strong Celtic for as long as possible imo.
A potential business plan made by a board, that made me sick to the pit of my stomach at the time.
Now, what we ended up with this season now, the only real question is weather the pain at the time, worth what the potential of the present and future could bring to all of us?
For myself I can only answer as a "YES" even if I still remain to have trust issues regarding this board, in terms of actually wanting to build upon success, instead of tearing it all down in order to save such scum.
The "Trust" agenda is a whole heap of horseshit imo, with wanting to purchase shares in order to have a say at board level, quite simply because they could never get enough money together in shares to make any difference at board level whatsoever imo.
Yet I still believe that they could potentially have a voice worth listening to, if they possibly changed there agenda and actually tried to tackle and address the many issues within Scottish football that this current board still seems very reluctant to still imo.
I personally have no interest in the "Celtic Trust" whatsoever in its current format, yet could take an interest if they actually could come up with some type of agenda that is worthy of gaining better support, as at present, success on the pitch brings about less relevance to themselves and become nothing but a hindrance to the club.
To try to bring about change will rely upon getting your own house in order first, the board now seems to have done that to a fair degree at present, maybe time for the Celtic trust to follow suit also.

:oops: For what it's worth

If you can't speak up for yourself then don't throw money at others to do it for you ,,,£60k a year in subs ,,,,fools and there money springs to mind

I don't see them ever as being the voice of the support or shareholders, seeing as they ignored the will of their own members i only see them as blazers chasers ,no different from the famous letter writer and his mob

Too many factions in the support to have one voice to speak up on important issues ,fan media as it grows may help but can easily be ignored/cut off , ultras easily handed bans too many have been the boards poddles before and did nothing but help themselves ,,,,,,it never changes not even with a subscription

There are really decent folk involved with the Trust yet there are many valid points in that article mentioned above. Do we have the version of Celtic that Fergus McCann outlined back in in the early 1990s? What did he say about fans having a shareholding and a say in the club? As a pressure group and as a vocal output for a collective voice or conscience for the fans there is a real value in the Celtic Trust and they do some excellent work. Remember the fans who were wrongly arrested and charged in Amsterdam a number of years ago? How they defended and supported them was brilliant as was the work on the Offensive Behaviour at Football legislation, now repealed.

But taking on the PLC board with a Billionaire at its head is a different challenge and one that even in the most awful of times - as last season was - they were unable to make sufficient headway.

That said the unrest among the support did result in a long overdue change in CEO and although Michael Nicholson is a promotion from within the inner circle at Celtic he does appear from what I am hearing from plenty of folk working at the club, to be setting about changing the culture and the way things are done (we saw that on Hogmanay when the January signings were announced). It's a better place to work now appears to be the consensus.

Anyone read Vital Celts? It's one of the large number of Celtic fan media outlets - probably fair to say not one of the most widely read or recognised ones, although that may not be the case. Anyway last week buried at the bottom of another article they carried a wee apology to Dermot Desmond accepting their mistake in claiming that he was responsible for certain signings. That they accepted was not the case.

Pretty remarkable that this was picked up and correspondence entered into was it not?

There are really decent folk involved with the Trust yet there are many valid points in that article mentioned above. Do we have the version of Celtic that Fergus McCann outlined back in in the early 1990s? What did he say about fans having a shareholding and a say in the club? As a pressure group and as a vocal output for a collective voice or conscience for the fans there is a real value in the Celtic Trust and they do some excellent work. Remember the fans who were wrongly arrested and charged in Amsterdam a number of years ago? How they defended and supported them was brilliant as was the work on the Offensive Behaviour at Football legislation, now repealed.

But taking on the PLC board with a Billionaire at its head is a different challenge and one that even in the most awful of times - as last season was - they were unable to make sufficient headway.

That said the unrest among the support did result in a long overdue change in CEO and although Michael Nicholson is a promotion from within the inner circle at Celtic he does appear from what I am hearing from plenty of folk working at the club, to be setting about changing the culture and the way things are done (we saw that on Hogmanay when the January signings were announced). It's a better place to work now appears to be the consensus.

Anyone read Vital Celts? It's one of the large number of Celtic fan media outlets - probably fair to say not one of the most widely read or recognised ones, although that may not be the case. Anyway last week buried at the bottom of another article they carried a wee apology to Dermot Desmond accepting their mistake in claiming that he was responsible for certain signings. That they accepted was not the case.

Pretty remarkable that this was picked up and correspondence entered into was it not?
Sorry WC but the vision Fergus had is far away from the explosion that the whole worldwide football model has now become, with a product that is worth billions upon billions these Days.
Money has totally changed the format of what professional football was years ago and is still changing.
Huge business men run the game as such these days weather we like it or not.
Yet as supporters we can tend to think that the money involved is just like leaves on a tree.
Get in CCV and Jota, a 20M investment at least between fees and wages, yet there is possibly more investment within the squad still needed still?
Just offload all the ones like Barkas and ajeti, yet both amongst plenty of other still, sitting on far higher contracts still, that no one would be possibly prepared to get close to matching, so are they going to just walk away?
As supporters we can tend to overlook the financial side of the game, yet a handful of men have to make huge decisions, involving millions that affect hundreds of thousands.
Sounds easy, yet how many could be in a position to make such decisions without having such a big business background at present?
When success is delivered upon the pitch and especially in the manner and style it has been delivered, then do we really care that much about what goes on at board level?
And can anyone say with any certainty that other people can step up and produce better than we have already got?
Yes I do believe that there are still many issues that the current board could improve upon imo, yet the main objective for myself anyway, is as long as they are backing a manager to create a team that delivers success, especially in the style that it has and bought about so much joy in the process then I don't really care to much about about the money issues unless we become reckless in how our income is being spent.
Humans make mistakes, and members within the board have made plenty, but there decisions are based mainly on the future still, so when they get it wrong the criticism and knives come out quick enough, yet we still remain very slow at showing our appreciation towards them when great and brilliant decisions were made by them, for us all to revel in the success given to us all.
To please everyone in the thousands is an impossible task, yet to please the majority is good enough for me, so at present board bashing is not high on my agenda at present
HH

A don't for a minute believe that to be the case

Back