“Oh Harry, Harry…Oh Harry Hood”

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Today is the Anniversary of the last ever Celtic player to score a hat-trick against Rangers. Matt Corr has been hard at work on this one, here's the first two parts with more to follow (which I'll add to this thread). Hope you enjoy....

Part 1...

“Oh Harry, Harry…Oh Harry Hood”: Springburn, Shawfield & Sunderland…but no Celtic...​

Part 2...

“Oh Harry, Harry…Oh Harry Hood”: Part 2: Cruising with the Clyde​

I was at a game in the corporate once and a couple of ex-players were there. One was my hero George McCluskey and the other was a bald buy who was awfy nice and friendly. He was blethering away to md when I had to stop and ask who it was - it was Harry. I was so apologetic as I didn't recognise him. He was brilliant company but kept slagging me off every time he walked past for being in the Chicken George fanclub. A truly lovely man who gave so much for the hoops.

Great story, yes Harry was a class act
Back in ther day when players used to sit and enjoy the Craic with the fans
Met George McCluskey in the States years ago, found him to be a really nice guy
Spoke to him for about ten minutes, when he suddenly says "You might remember this guy"
Tommy Callaghan, sitting beside him, looking fit, and as though he could still play the game
It's great when you meet your heroes in the Hoops

Last edited:
Great story, yes harry was a class actBack in ther day when players used to sit and enjoy the Craic with the fans
Met George McCluskey in the States years ago, found him to be a really nice guy
Spoke to him for about ten minutes, when he suddenly says "You might remember this guy"
Tommy Callaghan, sitting beside him, looking fit, and as though he could still play the game
It's great when you meet your heroes in the Hoops
After King Kenny left, George became my favourite player. They say to never meet your heroes but he was brilliant. Even at the end when he was leaving he made a point of coming across to say goodbye and spend a couple more minutes yapping.

Harry was brilliant and I was just a young whipper snapper when he played for us but I thought he was fantastic. TC was a wonderful player too.

Members online

Latest posts

Back