“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,” Glasgow’s anti Racism, Fascism and Bigotry message

I think today may turn out to be important going forward. No matter how PS try to set the narrative of 'both sides just as bad', the protests aren't going away. More and more people of different backgrounds will come out to protest as lockdown eases imo, I think PS have badly misjudged public opinion here and their biased policing may have a light shone on it by agencies outwith Scotland.
Hope yer right but in this shitty wee country right can mean wrong ,truth only applies if it suits your agenda people who call themselves journalists run from the truth journalists are told what to report on newspapers are told to take articles down from social media , ffs this shite about statues honestly you couldn’t make that shite up , ffs sorry mate feel a mega rant comming oan 😂😂

Hope yer right but in this shitty wee country right can mean wrong ,truth only applies if it suits your agenda people who call themselves journalists run from the truth journalists are told what to report on newspapers are told to take articles down from social media , ffs this shite about statues honestly you couldn’t make that shite up , ffs sorry mate feel a mega rant comming oan 😂😂
Fukn yaaaas Ian, ah love a good rant .😂😂

What can she do though Niall? Posted this 👇the other day on another thread when discussing the issue with Kelly......

Trouble is Kelly the Scottish Government are dependent on institutions like the police and judiciary whose ranks (from top to bottom) are rife with the same BritNat/Loyalist ideology as these pricks. Aye the Scottish Government can create legislation to try and combat this shit but you need the police and the judiciary to enforce that legislation and they won't do that for 2 crucial reasons......

1. Like I said these 2 institutions are filled with people who see cracking down on these scumbags as 'going against their own' therefore they will do the bare minimum they can get away with.

2. Why would they assist a government that is run by a political party that is the very antithesis (seeks independence from the UK) to the ideology that permeates throughout every level of their institutions when it serves their purpose to undermine it instead.

Couple all that with a rabid media/press that are equally hostile to the Scottish Government for all the same reasons, who can blitz the airwaves and front pages with all sorts of bullshit and twisting of the narrative to manipulate public opinion, who will print partisan press releases from the Unionist parties like it's actual news then this particular Scottish government is virtually powerless when it comes to not only dealing with this shit but pretty much everything else that goes against this ideology.

The SNP might have been voted into power by the people of Scotland but it doesn't mean they actually have that much, not when all these institutions above can act in unison like a 5th Column of the British state and undermine them at every turn.

Now given this is what she's up against then she's virtually powerless to do anything in response.
if that's the case then we should all pack our shit up and move on , a don't buy it she's powerless otherwise the torys statement she's just a council leader are true if thats the case it's pointless people voting for her , why waste a vote on lip service

Going back to WCs op, doing nothing is not an option. All the signs globally are that good people have had enough and the old prejudices are being challenged. If the Scottish police continue to go against the flow and side with the bigots outside agencies will highlight this complicity , placing SP on the wrong side of global opinion. Its absolutely crucial now to start building momentum, there is a chance to effect real change here.

Leaders have to lead! mon wee Nicola 🍺 🥳
yep if some twat won't do the job there asked you remove them and if the next cnt can't do it you remove him as well ,or stand back and watch your majority go down the stank just to appease bigots

it's out in the open now they can either meet it head on or hide and so far on twitter they have been hiding all day

Leaders have to lead! mon wee Nicola 🍺 🥳
The SNP wont rock the boat here. Nothing they have done so far in power has shown they have the stomach to confront the bigots. Any action from them will have to be forced. As much as I admire NS she seems to have a massive blind spot in combatting Scotland's shame. Hopefully she is emboldened if global action on prejudice continues to grow.

if that's the case then we should all pack our shit up and move on , a don't buy it she's powerless otherwise the torys statement she's just a council leader are true if thats the case it's pointless people voting for her , why waste a vote on lip service

Whit can she do then Kelly cause I'm fucked if I know how she can tackle it when pretty much every institution that she would need to make the necessary changes are controlled by people who to their core are politically and ideologically opposed and openly viciously hostile to her, her party and her government.

When fundamental institutions like the Police, Judiciary, Media etc. is completely politically and ideologically opposed to a government then they have the power to not only undermine but wreck that government's ability to govern, now imagine how much worse that is when these institutions all act in unison and have the full weight of the UK establishment at their back.

As hard as it is to hear the Tories kinda have a point when they say she's a glorified council leader because the truth is when another government decides what powers you can and can't have then you don't have any real power at all but that's no her fault that's ours as an electorate for voting to keep that system in place.

So instead of packing up our shit and moving on we should be pulling together with like minded people and pushing harder for our Independence as a country. There's nae point in people continually moaning about this sort of shit while at the same time voting to keep the system that perpetuates it in place.

Every one of us know what's at the root of all of this, the Union is the foundations that all this crap is built on, it's what gives these people their power and keeps them there so we can either face up to that reality and deal with it or we can continue to sit and carp about it for eternity!

HH mate (y)

Last edited:
Whit can she do then Kelly cause I'm fucked if I know how she can tackle it when pretty much every institution that she would need to make the necessary changes are controlled by people who to their core are politically and ideologically opposed and openly and viciously hostile to her, her party and her government.

When fundamental institutions like the Police, Judiciary, Media etc. is completely politically and ideologically opposed to a government then they have the power to not only undermine but wreck that government's ability to govern, now imagine how much worse that is when these institutions all act in unison and have the full weight of the UK establishment at their back.

As hard as it is to hear the Tories kinda have a point when they say she's a glorified council leader because the truth is when another government decides what powers you can and can't have then you don't have any real power at all but that's no her fault that's ours as an electorate for voting to keep that system in place.

So instead of packing up our shit and moving on we should be pulling together with like minded people and pushing harder for our Independence as a country. There's nae point in people continually moaning about this sort of shit while at the same time voting to keep the system that perpetuates it in place.

Every one of us know what's at the root of all of this, the Union is the foundations that all this crap is built on, it's what gives these people their power and keeps them there so we can either face up to that reality and deal with it or we can continue to sit and carp about it for eternity!

HH mate (y)
👏 👏👏👏👏👏🍺🥳

Independence is inevitable, how we proceed after that will depend on who we choose to lead. The policies of any future Scottish govt will be radically different, free from the constraints of the union. The existing political parties will have to step up or we will see a new party emerge that unites the country. Interesting times ahead, I hope sooner than later.

Whit can she do then Kelly cause I'm fucked if I know how she can tackle it when pretty much every institution that she would need to make the necessary changes are controlled by people who to their core are politically and ideologically opposed and openly viciously hostile to her, her party and her government.

HH mate (y)
if waiting on independence to try and change things then sorry but peoples faith will deminish month by month by inactions ,this is a problem the whole of scotland is sick to the back teeth of,saying she has is powerless and will stand back every summer while the scum take to the streets isn't the type of leader i would want to lead me to independence
but i'll leave it at that (y)

The only way to bring down Governments is to have in place a media that is not controlled and cowed, when Cummings can tell the media to get to fuck out his space and observe the two metre rule when they are quizzing him about fucking about, out and about in a car with a corona virus victim as company, and then a polioce force state he has not went overboard and Bojo gives him his last chance, you know you are been controlled by a different organisation than the one you have been used to seen.

Were are the so called leaders whilst the pandemic and lockdown is in force, hiding out the fucking way in their tax havens and cashing in on the misery. The only way to get some sort of control back is to face up to the control freaks, when the moment arrives you are going to have to be ready, for no-one will do it for you.

if waiting on independence to try and change things then sorry but peoples faith will deminish month by month by inactions ,this is a problem the whole of scotland is sick to the back teeth of,saying she has is powerless and will stand back every summer while the scum take to the streets isn't the type of leader i would want to lead me to independence
but i'll leave it at that (y)

That's the point mate, she and her party are not the ones standing back the Polis are. Only last year the SNP led Glasgow City Council tried to impose a ban on Orange marches in the city and this 👇 happened......

They were put in an impossible position, go against Police advice and she and the SNP are accused by the opposition parties and the media of recklessness and endangering public safety, follow the Police advice and she and her party are accused of sitting back and pandering to it by the rest of us.

I mean look at how this has played out, it's the same thing all over again......the Polis are the ones in the wrong here but everybody is having a go at Sturgeon.

Also just addressing something you said in your previous post, if we don't vote for her then what's the alternative? Voting for a Unionist party? What will that change? (y)

Independence is inevitable, how we proceed after that will depend on who we choose to lead. The policies of any future Scottish govt will be radically different, free from the constraints of the union. The existing political parties will have to step up or we will see a new party emerge that unites the country. Interesting times ahead, I hope sooner than later.

👏👏👏👏👏

Back