πŸŽ…πŸŽ… CHRISTMAS BOAX RAFFLE πŸŽ…πŸŽ…

It's shite! It's utter fucking shite!
Let's go for a walk, canny it's pishing doon.
Let's go for a drive in the country, ok but we need to be home by 4pm or we'll see fuck all because it'll be dark!
Other than the upsides of wearing a jumper and eating soup it's shite Shammy, absolute shite!
Let's go for a walk, canny it's pishing doon.
If that was the case, Greenock people would never leave the house
I'll cut the grass, canny it's pishing doon.
How no ? We cut grass from February till mid December...:whistle:
Ran a landscape company for a few years, we worked all year round, when some companies would shut down in Winter 😁...we did snow removal as well...now, that's lovely, big shopping centres parking lots and huge 10 acre Strata lots, long days, frozen feet and hands, even though we have the best Winter gear on...
Fall, was our least favourite time of year, carrying 100 Lb buckets of wet leaves, because you can't drive the trucks right into the location...there's a few trees oot here :rolleyes:
Let's go for a drive in the country, ok but we need to be home by 4pm or we'll see fuck all because it'll be dark!
Whit ??? Nae headlights, or street lamps ? :rolleyes::unsure::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Used tae hate soup, but after my surgery my brain seems to have been rewired, and now I make my own...weird
I'm not mocking you by the way, just saying that if you're looking for yourballs, you might want to check your wife's purse 😁
It's only rained twice this week, first for three days, then for four
As I used to say..."It's OK, you'll no melt, yer no a sugar cube..."
Ach well...good luck with winning the boax Bhoys & Ghirls, it's a good thing you're doing

HH

Last edited:
Is things improving yet over there Dill?
No Stevie, there's just so much devastation, homes and farms underwater, literally, some farmers were evacuated and were unable to rescue their animals, hundreds of cattle drowned, one lady lost 36,000 chickens but her friends and neighbours rallied around and managed to save 150 of her cattle
The mayor of Abbotsford has had to make a hard decision, there's so much catastrophic damage, that ten properties are being expropriated for the Army to build a levee, to hold the swollen river back, as there's another 3,000 people who are north of the floods and if they don't build it, they'll be flooded out with another ten feet of water by next week
The highways are destroyed, and they are going to have to deal with the Winter weather as it's in the mountains and there's heavy snow there already
The big problem is getting the heavy equipment in to affected areas to try and rebuild roads, how do you get the equipment in and all the fuel, and other stuff to begin the overwhelming task
It breaks my heart and we're not personally affected, as it's a couple of hours from us
Apologies again, for continuing to post, but it's overwhelming for all affected and the great side of human nature is in evidence
They are actually using boats to rescue people, many boat owners have shown up to help, and they are driving their boats on the actual freeways which are under 6' - 10' of water
We are expecting more heavy rain tomorrow in the affected areas, so our thoughts go out to those poor people in the Valley and Sumas Prairie (If you Google it, you'll see how bad it is, out there)
My wife transported a 26' truck ,down to Washington State, first trip was cancelled as they go across a bridge, and the river had risen by 21.5 feet in two days
It receded a couple of days later, but the Northwest is not out of the woods yet
We got a month's rainfall in 48 hours...unheard of
Anyway, appreciate all the love and positive vibes sent to us

HH

YNWA

No Stevie, there's just so much devastation, homes and farms underwater, literally, some farmers were evacuated and were unable to rescue their animals, hundreds of cattle drowned, one lady lost 36,000 chickens but her friends and neighbours rallied around and managed to save 150 of her cattle
The mayor of Abbotsford has had to make a hard decision, there's so much catastrophic damage, that ten properties are being expropriated for the Army to build a levee, to hold the swollen river back, as there's another 3,000 people who are north of the floods and if they don't build it, they'll be flooded out with another ten feet of water by next week
The highways are destroyed, and they are going to have to deal with the Winter weather as it's in the mountains and there's heavy snow there already
The big problem is getting the heavy equipment in to affected areas to try and rebuild roads, how do you get the equipment in and all the fuel, and other stuff to begin the overwhelming task
It breaks my heart and we're not personally affected, as it's a couple of hours from us
Apologies again, for continuing to post, but it's overwhelming for all affected and the great side of human nature is in evidence
They are actually using boats to rescue people, many boat owners have shown up to help, and they are driving their boats on the actual freeways which are under 6' - 10' of water
We are expecting more heavy rain tomorrow in the affected areas, so our thoughts go out to those poor people in the Valley and Sumas Prairie (If you Google it, you'll see how bad it is, out there)
My wife transported a 26' truck ,down to Washington State, first trip was cancelled as they go across a bridge, and the river had risen by 21.5 feet in two days
It receded a couple of days later, but the Northwest is not out of the woods yet
We got a month's rainfall in 48 hours...unheard of
Anyway, appreciate all the love and positive vibes sent to us

HH

YNWA
Wow see when things like floods happen when ur watching it on news me personally ive never really thought about livestock drowning the numbers will be huge when the water subsides obviously people first for rescue I've just never thought about cows and horses that are left behind fuckin horrible thinking about it the numbers will be huge bloody shame all around πŸ˜•

Wow see when things like floods happen when ur watching it on news me personally ive never really thought about livestock drowning the numbers will be huge when the water subsides obviously people first for rescue I've just never thought about cows and horses that are left behind fuckin horrible thinking about it the numbers will be huge bloody shame all around πŸ˜•
Yeah Cairnsy, these are the things that you don't think about
The Fraser Valley is one of the country's largest agricultural farming areas, so the effects of this, will be felt for decades, across not on the Province, but across the country
Not to mention the impact on communities drinking water etc
This is the third time this year, the Provincial Govt has declared a 'State of Emergency' in BC
One of our neighbours is taking no chances with the high winds, he had these trees taken down yesterday
Check out the stump which is left, to be ground down
And in the second shot, imagine one of these beauties crashing down on your house

bG6qzcE.jpg

iHwKOf6.jpg

The Fraser Valley is one of the country's largest agricultural farming areas, so the effects of this, will be felt for decades, across not on the Province, but across the country
This is the third time this year, the Provincial Govt has declared a 'State of Emergency' in BC
One of our neighbours is taking no chances with the high winds, he had these trees taken down yesterday
And in the second shot, imagine one of these beauties crashing down on your house

bG6qzcE.jpg

iHwKOf6.jpg
Pray God you are all safe Dill. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have been by this disaster.

Pray God you are all safe Dill. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have been by this disaster.
Thanks Ally
We are miles from the flooding, but it's getting close to Winter here, and the temperatures dropping, and threat of snow among affected areas, it's a terrifying thing to think about for those poor people
Stevie, Hoopy, sorry for hijacking the Boax thread, will keep any further updates confined to the thread I started about it
Come on everyone, get those fivers in and tickets bought
It's for a good cause

HH

bG6qzcE.jpg

iHwKOf6.jpg
Aye no wonder he got them cut down 3 times in a year to have a major act of god emergency is unnamaginable people wid still be clearing and trying to rebuild then get hit again bloody shame just hope everyone gets paid out rapid so they can get on with the rebuild as for the The farmers surely the BC government will do witever it takes to restock them all soon as possible to get people fed

Back