🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 7:45pm Hampden Park Time today

Yip. He chose to leave after we offered him a 75% reduction in wages as Lawwell thought he had Forster lined up. To give Craig his due he was prepared to accept an even lower wage to play first team football (he missed several seasons at his peak due to unfortunate injuries). At the time I stated I wanted Gordon to stay rather than buy Barkas, but I knew nothing about Barkas.

As it turned out, Hart came along a few weeks later and was even better than what we had on offer so are better off now than we would have dreamed possible.
I was disappointed to lose big Gordon but I think it's to his credit that he wasnt prepared to sit on the bench and take the money.
He wanted to play and had lost his Scotland place to inferior keepers as a result.
I think that's bravery and honourable , he was a great servant to the club and showed in that game hes still a top keeper.

'Competitive' rather than a sore loser, but he did come across as a whiny cunt
No offence intended to MON, of course
I calls it like I sees it
Well done Scotland, never gave up
Stepped up their game second half and we full value for the win
The added bonus was England getting beat by the Italians
HH
Have been trying for a bit to find this , finally have .
I seen this in the pub 50/50 supporters, great atmosphere Smiddys bar and wasnt easy to hear what exactly was said.
Ireland fans were , I'd say almost to a man saying we were the team who went looking for the win and that's what won it for us , that and the ability to take your chances at this level and Craig Gordon still a top keeper.
Something as Celtic fans, we know only too well in the champions league lately.
Must take them when they come.

All good mannered banter with zero trouble being a Celtic pub, 1 of 2 really on Dumbarton road , the other being the tiny 'Dolphin' across the road where if 10 punters are in your fecked for a seat it's so wee.

MON , hes gutted of course and we all still love him.
It would've been nice if he were just a little more gracious in defeat.
I was surprised by how badly he took it.
He said his bit and still moped around almost in disgust, indignant and no credit to Scotland, I thought that was OTT from the great man.
The games done, gone , analyse and give credit which Scotland did deserve for the high risk strategy that's cost us many times before.
Not as if Ireland can trouble the top of the table, though must beat Armenia to stay 2nd tier and I'm sure they will.

Scotland didnt play Ireland off the park by any means but personally I still think that we were worthy winners.
There were a couple of good penalty shouts for Scotland before we got the pen.
Ireland trying to contain Scotland was always going to be a tough ask for 90 minutes.

Anyway , for those who didnt get to see it

Well done Scotland, Ireland not a football team and need a change of manager imho, played like a bunch of wee orange neds.

Tartan army a fuckin disgrace tonight, booing James McLean for standing up against bigotry all his life, and booing every time the Irish boys sang instead of trying to outsing them.

Onwards to Poland.
A lot of the Ireland bhoys weren't happy with Kenny and his selection 50.
Many were saying some of the bhoys on the bench shouldve started the game.
Obafemi got it pretty tight, surprised me I thought he did ok and he couldnt have laid it on a plate any better for Parrot, another many said shouldnt have started.

Not very familiar with this Ireland side, being a pretty young side the main gripe I think was he's not scored a goal for Preston.
I was saying, same with Dykes ,1 for QPR though both have got a decent enough return internationally and Obafemi scored a peach in Dublin.

Think you know what persuasion of Scotland supporters were booing the fields of Athenry etc.

Personally, I couldnt have complained had that game finished all square, the problem seemed to be with Kenny approach of trying to contain Scotland for 90 minutes even at 1up.
Irish bhoys thought that was the time to go for the jugular instead of still sitting in and waiting for us to break down and hit on the break.

Though that approach almost worked they thought the same approach as Dublin was the way to go.

Ireland have had some poor results , but it's really been the opposition those results came against Ireland havent lost many games overall last 17 its 5 ?
I might be wrong about that but if I'm right that's not awful for a young side?

Have been trying for a bit to find this , finally have .
I seen this in the pub 50/50 supporters, great atmosphere Smiddys bar and wasnt easy to hear what exactly was said.
Ireland fans were , I'd say almost to a man saying we were the team who went looking for the win and that's what won it for us , that and the ability to take your chances at this level and Craig Gordon still a top keeper.
Something as Celtic fans, we know only too well in the champions league lately.
Must take them when they come.

All good mannered banter with zero trouble being a Celtic pub, 1 of 2 really on Dumbarton road , the other being the tiny 'Dolphin' across the road where if 10 punters are in your fecked for a seat it's so wee.

MON , hes gutted of course and we all still love him.
It would've been nice if he were just a little more gracious in defeat.
I was surprised by how badly he took it.
He said his bit and still moped around almost in disgust, indignant and no credit to Scotland, I thought that was OTT from the great man.
The games done, gone , analyse and give credit which Scotland did deserve for the high risk strategy that's cost us many times before.
Not as if Ireland can trouble the top of the table, though must beat Armenia to stay 2nd tier and I'm sure they will.

Scotland didnt play Ireland off the park by any means but personally I still think that we were worthy winners.
There were a couple of good penalty shouts for Scotland before we got the pen.
Ireland trying to contain Scotland was always going to be a tough ask for 90 minutes.

Anyway , for those who didnt get to see it

Stewart gave a good example of how the high press can fail, by mentioning Liverpool....there is an example of how you can do it and be successful...a little closer to home 🤔🤔. Funny it wasn't mentioned. Maybe Michael is afraid of upsetting certain peepul again!

But Jimmy McGrory was a bit of a failure at international level. OK, he scored over a goal a game for Celtic, but he only scored a paltry 6 goals in his 7 games for Scotland! You see at time we had players like Rangers' Bob McPhail scoring 7 goals in 17 games, Motherwell's George Stephenson scoring 4 in 12 caps, Celtic's Bert Thompson scoring 1 goal in his only international, etc.

Back