14th March 2018 3rd Anniversary of Stephen Hawking

Always wondered why there was a church service for him when he was so sure there was no such thing as God? Hedging his bets maybe.
What is God when you narrow it down, seems no religion has nailed it yet all fighting over it, maybe Hawkins realised man/creatures/plants/elements/earth/universe/life in general is the supreme force and given a man made name GOD, and the chuch building that houses him was as secure a building as any for his remians free from vandals.

Last edited:
Always wondered why there was a church service for him when he was so sure there was no such thing as God? Hedging his bets maybe.
I read a quite amusing story about the French thinker/philosopher Voltaire; according to many he was a devout atheist and spent his life arguing against the existence of god. Anyway, time caught up with him and while he lay on his deathbed somebody asked him how he felt about the afterlife; his reply was "this is no time to be making enemies". As with many of these stories there's no way of verifying the truth. Indeed, I've also read that he wasn't against the idea of an afterlife, but he was totally against organised religion. Take your pick. Just thought the story was worth repeating.

Reminds me of a joke a priest told one time...
An atheist was walking in a Forrest when all of a sudden he came face to face with a grizzly bear.
In a state of fear and panic the atheist falls to his knees and prays out loud "Jesus Christ save me. Jesus please save me".
So Jesus appears to the man and the man says"Jesus make me a Christian and I'll will never doubt you again".
Jesus replies "Why should I? All your life you've mocked and ridiculed me".
So the man says "Well Jesus, if you won't make me a Christian, will you make the bear a christian?"
So Jesus makes the bear a Christian.
The bear then falls to his knees in front of the man and makes the sign of the cross and says "bless me father, and thank you for what I am about to receive ".

I was a vocal non believer when young too. I was on the A9 with my ex driving when we came very close to death in a head on collision ( some woman overtaking at a 2 lane section). My last words would have been, ah Jesus!. I had my hands and arms in front of my face waiting for the crash. My ex ripped the piss oot o me over that.
I do believe in a creator though. I find the scientific explanation for the origin of life as hard to believe as the God made everything in 6 days explanation.
In conclusion we can ask, "how the fuck did this happen?" And the answer is, "fuck knows man".

I was a vocal non believer when young too. I was on the A9 with my ex driving when we came very close to death in a head on collision ( some woman overtaking at a 2 lane section). My last words would have been, ah Jesus!. I had my hands and arms in front of my face waiting for the crash. My ex ripped the piss oot o me over that.
I do believe in a creator though. I find the scientific explanation for the origin of life as hard to believe as the God made everything in 6 days explanation.
In conclusion we can ask, "how the fuck did this happen?" And the answer is, "fuck knows man".
For something with no explanation and so wonderful we shure made a cunt out of ripping it apart.

Back