1990 - 1995

Humf

Watched the programme on Motherwell winning the Scottish cup in 1991 on Alba TV on Friday, of course they beat Celtic on the way. The time from 1990 until 1995 was just awful, absolutely awful. We won nothing until the Scottish cup in 1995, some of the football was dire and I remember getting put out of a cup by Aberdeen at Hampden on a very wet night. Wee Joe Miller came on as a sub then got substituted!!! He wasn’t a happy bunny.

I think one of the seasons our top goal scorer didn’t even get into double figures!! Played a European game where Jacinovski (sp) scored four goals and we still went out. Ironically beat Rangers a few times but it was to no avail, until The Bunnet arrived. During all those years the one thing I remember was the optimism of our great support, they carried me, but it was tough at times!

Any other memories?

Was at every home game and many forgettable aways.

Memories of that awful semi-final defeat at Hampden by Motherwell on a soaking wet night when we lost 2-4 and could have been out of sight before they seemd to score with every shot.

Fox on the park - I was one of the 8k or so that didn't stay out despite the requests of Celts for Change- freezing night, there with my burd after travelling an hour.

Celts for Change - meetings and rallies and standing outside the ground in the rain prior to a match (Airdrie home?) in the car park, marshalled by polis and Chris Whyte and the reptiles gazing down at us with contempt from the high windaes.

Celtic end when Andy Payton scored the winner v the Huns in a 2-1 win and the MIB letting them kick-off with half the Celtic team still celebrating in front of the jungle.
Miraculously, they failed to score - great save (by Packy Bonner?) I think - the busloads of Irish bhoys all around me were on the park for sure if the Huns had equalised under those circumstances - it was utter joy to seething rage in seconds. That was the first time I recall hearing Fields of Athenry belted out in glorious unison.

Brockville cicra 92 (?) - utter slaughterhouse of a ground with the most dangerous exit I ever encountered - think we got beat and as if the crush to get ourt wasn't bad enough, those smalltown Huns started launching bricks at us from their own part of their crumbling midden.

Jungle for Mo Johnston's (spit) first game at Celtic Park with the Huns. Wee scumbag caused one of the biggest crushes I ever felt as he absent-mindedly came to retreive a ball right in front of us and everybody lunged forward at him. I remember his eyes flashing terror as he realised where he was and what he was wearing. Had he been caught and dragged in it would have defined the favourite Hun phrase thrown at Lenny; 'he brought it on himself'...

Front of main stand with forged tickets to see us pump the huns 3-0 and them have 2 sent off - week after the St.Valentine's day massacre? A great joyous day with red cards being handed out around the stadium before kick off - prophetic or what?
My big suave mate was in the act of quite successfully chatting up a female copper when we scored the third (Tommy Coyne?). He leapt off the wall onto the track and she had to huckle him out with the help of a colleague.
Red face for her amid the celebrations and a reprimand from stern-faced Hun sergeant. My mate re-appeared beside me five minutes later laughing his arse off after stewards let him back in. She saw him return, but did her best to ignore him for the rest of the game even tho he kept calling out sweet nothings to her during lulls in play :LOL:
We got a lift back down to Ayrshire in the car of a young Motherwell squad player at the time - a merc with sunroof that we slid open as we passed a Hun supporter's bus from Belfast on its way to the ferry. Hanging out the roof at 70 mph, waving red cards at a busload of ragin' Huns practically eating the windaes with their eyes on stalks is a dangerous memory to recall at any time that requires composure.

Watched the programme on Motherwell winning the Scottish cup in 1991 on Alba TV on Friday, of course they beat Celtic on the way. The time from 1990 until 1995 was just awful, absolutely awful. We won nothing until the Scottish cup in 1995, some of the football was dire and I remember getting put out of a cup by Aberdeen at Hampden on a very wet night. Wee Joe Miller came on as a sub then got substituted!!! He wasn’t a happy bunny.

I think one of the seasons our top goal scorer didn’t even get into double figures!! Played a European game where Jacinovski (sp) scored four goals and we still went out. Ironically beat Rangers a few times but it was to no avail, until The Bunnet arrived. During all those years the one thing I remember was the optimism of our great support, they carried me, but it was tough at times!

Any other memories?

Big jacqui no a bit fond of the other wives?

Was at every home game and many forgettable aways.

Memories of that awful semi-final defeat at Hampden by Motherwell on a soaking wet night when we lost 2-4 and could have been out of sight before they seemd to score with every shot.

Fox on the park - I was one of the 8k or so that didn't stay out despite the requests of Celts for Change- freezing night, there with my burd after travelling an hour.

Celts for Change - meetings and rallies and standing outside the ground in the rain prior to a match (Airdrie home?) in the car park, marshalled by polis and Chris Whyte and the reptiles gazing down at us with contempt from the high windaes.

Celtic end when Andy Payton scored the winner v the Huns in a 2-1 win and the MIB letting them kick-off with half the Celtic team still celebrating in front of the jungle.
Miraculously, they failed to score - great save (by Packy Bonner?) I think - the busloads of Irish bhoys all around me were on the park for sure if the Huns had equalised under those circumstances - it was utter joy to seething rage in seconds. That was the first time I recall hearing Fields of Athenry belted out in glorious unison.

Brockville cicra 92 (?) - utter slaughterhouse of a ground with the most dangerous exit I ever encountered - think we got beat and as if the crush to get ourt wasn't bad enough, those smalltown Huns started launching bricks at us from their own part of their crumbling midden.

Jungle for Mo Johnston's (spit) first game at Celtic Park with the Huns. Wee scumbag caused one of the biggest crushes I ever felt as he absent-mindedly came to retreive a ball right in front of us and everybody lunged forward at him. I remember his eyes flashing terror as he realised where he was and what he was wearing. Had he been caught and dragged in it would have defined the favourite Hun phrase thrown at Lenny; 'he brought it on himself'...

Front of main stand with forged tickets to see us pump the huns 3-0 and them have 2 sent off - week after the St.Valentine's day massacre? A great joyous day with red cards being handed out around the stadium before kick off - prophetic or what?
My big suave mate was in the act of quite successfully chatting up a female copper when we scored the third (Tommy Coyne?). He leapt off the wall onto the track and she had to huckle him out with the help of a colleague.
Red face for her amid the celebrations and a reprimand from stern-faced Hun sergeant. My mate re-appeared beside me five minutes later laughing his arse off after stewards let him back in. She saw him return, but did her best to ignore him for the rest of the game even tho he kept calling out sweet nothings to her during lulls in play :LOL:
We got a lift back down to Ayrshire in the car of a young Motherwell squad player at the time - a merc with sunroof that we slid open as we passed a Hun supporter's bus from Belfast on its way to the ferry. Hanging out the roof at 70 mph, waving red cards at a busload of ragin' Huns practically eating the windaes with their eyes on stalks is a dangerous memory to recall at any time that requires composure.

Now that is funny ????

I used to get up for every second home game. No mortgage no kids etc. It was torture. I've blanked lots of it out if I'm honest. The first time I heard Gary Gillespie getting called chocolate ankles still sticks in my mind . A wed night game between Chritmas and new year. I think it was 0-0 against who I can't recall. It sticks in my mind because there were about 10 Ulsterbusses with "St Peter's, Falls Rd CSC" and they had all been there the sat before. I marvelled at their commitment. Twice in the Christmas holidays. To watch that pish. Amazing.

Now thats funny you could say that about most guys lol. I loved the dancin. It was sometimes the best laugh ever especially with my mate. Stiff couldnae throw a shape and always scoping the room for her next victim.

??

Exceptionally dark days indeed! Remember the sheeps semi with wee Joe, another of Big Billy's increasingly bizarre decisions.
The only high points apart from the odd game against the manky hordes were some games against Dundee United, we usually came to life against them for some reason. Remember probably our best performance in all those years was a 0-0 draw at Parkhead with Hayes putting the ball over the bar from an inch out, a truly incredible achievement n one I've never seen anywhere else, ever!
With the 'board' circling their wagons n Kevin Kelly becoming more of a demented retard by every passing day, my last game at Paradise was Germinal Ekeren which we amazingly won 2-1 with Charlie with a penalty n McNally scoring (Ithink) Then it was outside the front door every home game to see Grant n Farrell peeking out at us shiting themselves!
Remember the night at our egm when we thought we finally got the buggers out, 26th Nov '93, over 1000 hardy Tims, way after midnight, some even had sleeping kids with them to witness history. Dempsey giving thumbs up at windae sent us all mental but, alas, another false dawn. A few months later on 4th March we all saved our Celtic from oblivion, and Gerry Wiesfield!
Got goosebumps thinking of it just now!
GBTC?

90s god they were

Remember the old board went into hiding towards the end and the herald /times had a front page asking i any one had seen them , i'd passed them all going into chris whites office so grassed em up

who could ever forget hampden as our home a year of boredom ,i had a good seat but next to to 3 boring old farts even swapped my ticket a few times with our guys on the bus who swore never again

early nineties were the lowest ,celts for change and the night the rebels won were great nights

shell suits wtf was that all about

90's remember them all to well (shudders) that board should have been strung up just the complacent attitude and abject blindness to what was going on.
Martin Hayes anyone (650,000) from aresnal. Fuck me how bad was that! Wayne biggins, Carl muggleton, Gary Gillespie couldn't tackle a fish supper! Truly the most dire time in my life following Celtic. But still you did 'cause that's what it's all about. HH☘☘

Back