1st day as a teacher!!!

Lubos left peg

Well it begins!! My bosses contacted me last night. I've not to go back to work until it's safe to work in London. So this morning I woke up as a teacher to my 9 and 5 year old daughters 😱😱😱
Starting today with a nice wee walk to wake them up. We are spotting rainbows that children have been painting and putting on their windows in a show of solidarity to all the other kids. Then it will be home to do some maths. Then a walk along the river to do a bit of english work (following the rules of social distancing ofcourse!!!)......what a time to be alive!! πŸ€ͺ

Good luck to all the parents out there who are starting their new jobs as teachers today πŸ’š

Well it begins!! My bosses contacted me last night. I've not to go back to work until it's safe to work in London. So this morning I woke up as a teacher to my 9 and 5 year old daughters 😱😱😱
Starting today with a nice wee walk to wake them up. We are spotting rainbows that children have been painting and putting on their windows in a show of solidarity to all the other kids. Then it will be home to do some maths. Then a walk along the river to do a bit of english work (following the rules of social distancing ofcourse!!!)......what a time to be alive!! πŸ€ͺ

Good luck to all the parents out there who are starting their new jobs as teachers today πŸ’š
I'm teaching folk to wash their hands today, which would be kinda cool if I didn't keep squirting soap in my eye.

There's ex-nurses in here and the mankiest man in Dundee is giving them handwashing instructions???

#worldsgonefuckinbonkers

And they might go on to become one, do not underestimate the role you are performing in the interaction, kids are like sponges, you think they are not listening and then out of the blue they astound with new knowledge regards what you thought they were not interested in.

Enjoy it pal, and keep safe.

I'm lucky that I've set-up a desk upstairs to be able to work. My wife is downstairs trying to work but has a very excited 8 year old wanting to be taught as well. We'll have to share the role of being teacher as well as trying to both do a full day's work. My dog's lying at my feet wondering what is going on and one of the cats is wondering all over my work wanting to be worshipped!

Oh to be SP soaping up some nurses!

I'm lucky that I've set-up a desk upstairs to be able to work. My wife is downstairs trying to work but has a very excited 8 year old wanting to be taught as well. We'll have to share the role of being teacher as well as trying to both do a full day's work. My dog's lying at my feet wondering what is going on and one of the cats is wondering all over my work wanting to be worshipped!

Oh to be SP soaping up some nurses!
They're feckin male nurses and a tad festive. Nothing wrong with that, but I'll keep the soapy handrubs for more applicable volunteers.

As a retired teacher , Lubo , I am available to help during these trying times . No fee required - just a private limo from Johnstone to your house and back ( each day ) , two bottles of hand sanitiser per day , four packs of Fuselli ( pasta twists ) and an endless supply of toilet paper .

HH

As a retired teacher , Lubo , I am available to help during these trying times . No fee required - just a private limo from Johnstone to your house and back ( each day ) , two bottles of hand sanitiser per day , four packs of Fuselli ( pasta twists ) and an endless supply of toilet paper .

HH

As you are a retired teacher can you answer this question for me...at what point is it ok for me to start drinking alcohol. I was ready at about 9:30 this morning but I thought that was a tad early. It's now 12:45 and I defo feel I deserve (NEED) a drink to calm my nerves. Are there certain rules or guidelines to when a teacher gets on the drink on a school day???

As you are a retired teacher can you answer this question for me...at what point is it ok for me to start drinking alcohol. I was ready at about 9:30 this morning but I thought that was a tad early. It's now 12:45 and I defo feel I deserve (NEED) a drink to calm my nerves. Are there certain rules or guidelines to when a teacher gets on the drink on a school day???

I am afraid , Lubo , that you are clearly an amateur at this teaching game - I was NEVER sober in over 30 years at the chalk face !
It is NEVER too early to imbibe - just don't let the kids near the alcohol - they'll drink it all !

HH

I've been the teacher for past 2 weeks, school work from 9am to 12:30pm, then lunch. Afternoon out for a walk up Balloch Park for some animal spotting, grey & red squirrels,rabbits, hawks, kestrels, various small birds. Great fun kids love it. Also cooking & baking with Granny. Then they get their dinner & allowed 2-3hrs on xbox, ipads etc.

Make it fun , your weans will talk about it in years to come even all the mistakes you made

I feel your pain lubo. This is my second week acting as teacher. My two are nine and six. The eldest one is very intelligent and academically brilliant. The younger one won't do a fuckin stroke for me and has me fuckin delirious in the head. So after a week I can tell ye, it doesn't get any better. All I can say is a long walk does everyone good!

Takes me back to high school, when the teachers would go to the pub at noon and come back, half in the bag
Suppose it was the only way some could deal with a class of 40 eejits
Good Luck young JEDI

Alex Salmond cleared of all charges, well,well,well.
Salmond saying the charges were politically motivated. He said evidence was hidden from his legal team. Wants a public inquiry after the current crisis.
I read some of Craig Murray's articles over the last few weeks and this whole fiasco has been a stitch up all along. It appears these "victims" have been communucating back and forth with each other for months, with the main intention being to stop Salmond from being allowed to stand again as an MP or MSP. It seems the main "victim" admitted in court that she was hacked off with Salmond because he backed another candidate instead of her to stand for election in Aberdeen.

Sexual assault is a disgusting crime but sadly ludicrous false accusations like these makes it so much harder for the many real victims of these hideous crimes.

Not that you would have heard anything about this from the mainstream media who were slavering over the case doing their usual biased reporting. They'll just chase after Sturgeon now despite her staying out of it and making sure the law took its course (unlike in Westminster where they simply lose case files of any of their party accused of sexual misconduct).

Don't forget their Celtic history lessonsπŸ˜‰

I read some of Craig Murray's articles over the last few weeks and this whole fiasco has been a stitch up all along. It appears these "victims" have been communucating back and forth with each other for months, with the main intention being to stop Salmond from being allowed to stand again as an MP or MSP. It seems the main "victim" admitted in court that she was hacked off with Salmond because he backed another candidate instead of her to stand for election in Aberdeen.

Sexual assault is a disgusting crime but sadly ludicrous false accusations like these makes it so much harder for the many real victims of these hideous crimes.

Not that you would have heard anything about this from the mainstream media who were slavering over the case doing their usual biased reporting. They'll just chase after Sturgeon now despite her staying out of it and making sure the law took its course (unlike in Westminster where they simply lose case files of any of their party accused of sexual misconduct).
I feel you have generalised too much pal. We don't have access to these individual cases. Maybe some accusations with other motives but it ain't necessarily same with all.

I feel you have generalised too much pal. We don't have access to these individual cases. Maybe some accusations with other motives but it ain't necessarily same with all.

Not the place for a legal discussion - but here goes anyway ! The way the prosecution bundled together all these charges was a bit of a give away for me . Individually they didn't hold water - so they used an old prosecution tactic - throw as much mud as you can find and hope some of it sticks !

HH

The fact 11 charges all fell and not one stuck screams a stitch up , you would expect a charge to stick .

Then you have to look at the crown office on gathering all the evidence from both sides and laying it out before they even entered the court room ,,,,,did no one step back and look at information that was infront of them

The fact 11 charges all fell and not one stuck screams a stitch up , you would expect a charge to stick .

Then you have to look at the crown office on gathering all the evidence from both sides and laying it out before they even entered the court room ,,,,,did no one step back and look at information that was infront of them
Have you seen the information? I'd hope the CPS wouldn't allow any case to get to court unless it felt there was sufficient evidence. In other words you ASSUME they got 11 out of 11 wrong? Too much smoke without fire in my opinion. But that's all it is as i don't have privilege of studying the individual cases.

Back