2 months, still no manager......

We are all expecting the next manager who walks into Parkhead to be somebody who commands respect from every member of staff,a manager players want to play for,a manager players want to sign for, somebody who can lead this club of ours back to where it belongs in both Domestic and European football.
I think the big attraction now for any manager is European Football,the same for every player.
This is the main reason IMO the new Celtic manager is in position and has been in constant contact with the board or Desmond.
If I am way off the mark here then I would say we are definitely in trouble maybe even as bad as last seasons going into Europe.
Surely Desmond must have learned from last season..by not listening to Liewell..

HH

I really don't get why there is such a panic on us naming a new manager.
There is so much to be sorted out behind the scenes before we start wanting the name of a new manager as I would say we are far from in a position to name a new manager until we can get the money side of things sorted out.
We still have no idea yet on how many supporters will be allowed into games at the start of next season, so are we going to sell 60k of ST if at a max only 20k were allowed in? A huge shortfall in income of maybe as much as 20M, and us all expecting a rebuild.
We also have so many that we would like to see the back of, example nicham yet we are still tied into a contract and have to pay him even if we want him out the door, Christie is another and we may do well to sell them yet.
Every club outside of the top 5 leagues will be under financial pressure this summer and we still only have possibly 2 we could cash in on that would be good enough for the top 5 league so again a big shortfall on transfer fees could also be likely.
Think PL traitor is trying to recoup as much as possible on what he squandered on his projects and failed.
Think Dom mckay is trying to work out how much can be made available for any new management team has to work with.
Still believe someone must be making some calls at present as decisions have already been made on a few players and yet another has to be made on the future of griff this week I believe.
I'm just getting a bit concerned that JK is making such decisions on players but will remain positive in thinking that any new manager wants plenty out of doors before he is willing to take over officially and yet has a possible shortlist of players he would like to get in as long as the money is available.

Every week that passes without naming a manager indicates the board choosing the incumbent Kennedy. I am astonished by the outright hostility displayed towards Kennedy by some here. How has he offended?

"we all agree that it won’t/can’t/better not be Kennedy." ??????

I accept that he has limited experience but he is certainly no worse than Lennon and he could improve and get some better results. I do not expect him to be appointed but why the visceral dislike? I've asked this several times but no one has answered. No one else knows the strengths and weaknesses of our squad any better. Is is just because he is Scottish? Foreigners are always better? Really?
Yer talking shite 'no worse than Lennon' Jesus wept...

DD is no fool.....he has to protect his shareholding.....he will know he has to appoint a manager and a DOF who can turn things around quickly and restructure our whole football operation and plan for the future.....DD in my view gave Peter Lawwell too much latitude in running the Club......that was a mistake and that’s now over.....there’s a new innovative and exciting football revolution coming.....I’d bet on it...
So it's Ralf Rangenick with Jesse Marsh as Asst Mgr... YEHAAAA

If it takes 3 months fuck it,

theres a right man out there that can change the course of this ship overnight, theres many more that would sink the ship with no quick return. I'd rather the former, no matter the cost and no matter the wait. We're frustrated, but proper due dilligence removes as much risk as is possible. Thats where the term comes from. All this apparent fannying around will be forgot pretty quickly with performances and results. Being a Celtic fan and judging same fans expectations has been the same since Adam was pumped Eve.

The task to turn these former quadruple winners from looking shot in confidence to winners again overnight isnt insurmountable. Winners never forget how to win.
We saw it with the snake, turned up one day at training and changed the mentality overnight, ronny's rockets became invincibles with a slick management style that the players bought into and believed.

We complained about a hasty shower appointment, so lets just reserve judgement.
If Eddie Howe will not sign the dotted line until we deliver his coaches then kudos to him. The guy wants to succeed in his next job and he views his best possible chance as on those terms. We slaughtered the club for forcing coaches on managers. If Eddie Howe is backing himself witha team, then about fucking time someone did.

If Howe believes his best possible chance is with X,Y & Z as coaches. as the chosen man, we need to trust in his belief as a football man that they offer the best possible chance of the project succeeding. Jesus was the messiah, but there was fuck all bible without the disciples.

If the chosen coaches are currently working at a club with a chance of achievement as we are led to believe, then as a football man, i admire their reluctance to abandon their current employers/club while they have something to play for. Good fucking form lads, i'll drink to that.
That to me is integrity, an integrity that the snake etc. never had when he cleaned the football department top to bottom leaving Kennedy and the second worst recruitment guy ever.

If it is Howe and team, look 4 years further down the line when a big club wants them all from us, based on prior conviction, that management teams integrity will be reciprocated in our favour.

So while it's frustrating as fuck, i don't doubt for a second, the deal is done with Howe, verbally agreed. We'll announce when this season is over, when it doesn't impinge unfairly on Bournemouths season. Howe etc. has an affinity with the club he's about to disrupt and would rather not have destroying their season on his conciense. In the meantime, Celtic approaching Bournemouth for 2/3 members of staff right now, play off's pending, answer is NO CHANCE.
But 'if you wait till the end of our season and dont unsettle our club, give us time to replace, then we'll do the deal now for contracted men on much more amicable terms than we would otherwise with a hostile approach.

In meantime, Howe watches the team and identifies areas to improve and players to recruit. Despite my apathy, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that the next manager is a done deal. We're not that fucking daft as to hang about like teens at a disco hoping for our hole. There has been rumour etc/speculations, but it seems to me due to apparent 'delay' and nothing to sell papers.
The only and REAL juice to date has been with Howe.

Now the special one has been sacked , again he is instantly connected with our club. It will never happen imo and I hope it doesnt . Mourinho is a defensive minded manager who has no time for special talents , look at his treatment of deli alli, no Mourinho at Celtic would be a disaster , spurs fans didnt appreciate his style neither did man utd fans , we would be the same HH
To all my fellow noisers I hate to be the one who says this, but DD is a man who doesn't give a fuck what we say on the situation at Parkheid, he already has made his mind up its either Kennedy or Keane, as I said its all about his opinion so if you've got any spare cash put it on the huns for next season.. I apologise for this but DD just doesn't give a fuck as long as the share price goes up. His investment in Celtic is not emotional is business.When cross border football becomes a reality and the share price goes up he will sell to some hedge fund. He has been the de facto owner for a number of years, but has managed to keep his shareholding below the 30% mark that under current financial law would mean he would have to offer to buy the remaining shares at their current value? So although we would like a new ceo with new ideas, I fear that we are in for a continuation of the current business model. I hope I'm wrong. HH

I really don't get why there is such a panic on us naming a new manager.
There is so much to be sorted out behind the scenes before we start wanting the name of a new manager as I would say we are far from in a position to name a new manager until we can get the money side of things sorted out.
We still have no idea yet on how many supporters will be allowed into games at the start of next season, so are we going to sell 60k of ST if at a max only 20k were allowed in? A huge shortfall in income of maybe as much as 20M, and us all expecting a rebuild.
We also have so many that we would like to see the back of, example nicham yet we are still tied into a contract and have to pay him even if we want him out the door, Christie is another and we may do well to sell them yet.
Every club outside of the top 5 leagues will be under financial pressure this summer and we still only have possibly 2 we could cash in on that would be good enough for the top 5 league so again a big shortfall on transfer fees could also be likely.
Think PL traitor is trying to recoup as much as possible on what he squandered on his projects and failed.
Think Dom mckay is trying to work out how much can be made available for any new management team has to work with.
Still believe someone must be making some calls at present as decisions have already been made on a few players and yet another has to be made on the future of griff this week I believe.
I'm just getting a bit concerned that JK is making such decisions on players but will remain positive in thinking that any new manager wants plenty out of doors before he is willing to take over officially and yet has a possible shortlist of players he would like to get in as long as the money is available.
Sorry John, for me there are too many unknown at the present I understand that you don't want your competitors knowing what you are doing, but currently we the supporters are concerned about the future of our club and iam more than concerned, as I have stated on other posts I think that DD has already chosen his man I hate to say this but I think he's already chosen "his" man. Either Keane or Kennedy. But why hasn't this been announced yet you might ask, simple, he will announce it when the majority of season tickets are already sold. As I've said before I hope I'm wrong HH.

Pure speculation, but what if the Howe stories are being fed to pet journalists as a smokescreen? Could we be waiting for the real target, someone with proven integrity, to be in a position to announce taking Celtic job without leaving his current club in the lurch?

Sean Dyche needs six points for Burnley to be mathematically safe...

To all my fellow noisers I hate to be the one who says this, but DD is a man who doesn't give a fuck what we say on the situation at Parkheid, he already has made his mind up its either Kennedy or Keane, as I said its all about his opinion so if you've got any spare cash put it on the huns for next season.. I apologise for this but DD just doesn't give a fuck as long as the share price goes up. His investment in Celtic is not emotional is business.When cross border football becomes a reality and the share price goes up he will sell to some hedge fund. He has been the de facto owner for a number of years, but has managed to keep his shareholding below the 30% mark that under current financial law would mean he would have to offer to buy the remaining shares at their current value? So although we would like a new ceo with new ideas, I fear that we are in for a continuation of the current business model. I hope I'm wrong. HH
Fair points though I dont necessarily agree with them all. Were it to be Keane or JK theres no need for any delays in naming either. DD has surprised us before , who saw the Rodgers appointment coming? Weve seen the restructuring begin with the end of lawell, McKay in, and Desmond Jnrs appointment to the board. I cant see a rank and file continuation of what's gone before, too many changes on the footballing landscape, we will be a selling club to the biggest clubs sure but that goes for many other big European clubs as well. Regarding DD not giving a fcuk about what we the supporters say , well that could be true but he like the rest of us wont like losing , especially when he is a man used to winning and getting what he wants. His emotional attachment may not be as strong as the rest of us though is this not one of the reasons his sons now on the board? He does supposedly have more emotional attachment. As long as we get the right people in place I dont hold any fears about our future. Any decent manager will take the title especially if slippy is still in charge at sevco, 1 trophy in 9 must rank slippy as the least successful "winning" manager of all the rangers incarnations. I cant see it being Keane or JK I hope I'm right . HH

Pure speculation, but what if the Howe stories are being fed to pet journalists as a smokescreen? Could we be waiting for the real target, someone with proven integrity, to be in a position to announce taking Celtic job without leaving his current club in the lurch?

Sean Dyche needs six points for Burnley to be mathematically safe...
Dyche would be a winner at Celtic I'm positive but hes like a God at Burnley would he leave? I think that he would, hes taken them into Europe and kept them up and brought them back up, theres not really anything more that he can achieve at Burnley, I'd love him for the job but I agree with the smokescreen reference this happens every time we target anyone.

Sean Dyche, should he leave Burnley, would be snapped up in a heartbeat from any English Championship side, and for much more money than Celtic would offer him. Moonbeam stuff.
I've recently heard S Dyche's family have never moved from the London area and he rents a house in Burnley for the night's he stays over, rest of the time he's with his family in London. Crystal Palace must look mightily tempting for him too.

Fair points though I dont necessarily agree with them all. Were it to be Keane or JK theres no need for any delays in naming either. DD has surprised us before , who saw the Rodgers appointment coming? Weve seen the restructuring begin with the end of lawell, McKay in, and Desmond Jnrs appointment to the board. I cant see a rank and file continuation of what's gone before, too many changes on the footballing landscape, we will be a selling club to the biggest clubs sure but that goes for many other big European clubs as well. Regarding DD not giving a fcuk about what we the supporters say , well that could be true but he like the rest of us wont like losing , especially when he is a man used to winning and getting what he wants. His emotional attachment may not be as strong as the rest of us though is this not one of the reasons his sons now on the board? He does supposedly have more emotional attachment. As long as we get the right people in place I dont hold any fears about our future. Any decent manager will take the title especially if slippy is still in charge at sevco, 1 trophy in 9 must rank slippy as the least successful "winning" manager of all the rangers incarnations. I cant see it being Keane or JK I hope I'm right . HH
Exactly Winter, the man has been a winner all his life,nothing is telling me that will change anytime soon,maybe our problems in the past was,too many people knowing our business,how many players did the two rags associate us with last season,how many were we interested in ??.
IMO Desmond has everything under control..

HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back