20/21, The Covid Season.

Charlton vs Grimsby game off, one Grimsby player tests positive,the whole squad have to self isolate
Leyton Orient forfeit cup game,due to players testing positive.
This season has just started,this Covid 19 will affect football big time, at every level. 🍺 🥳
The Be Araid league cup will be the start of wee clubs coming to play with some part time players not knowing if they are carrying the virus.

Charlton vs Grimsby game off, one Grimsby player tests positive,the whole squad have to self isolate
Leyton Orient forfeit cup game,due to players testing positive.
This season has just started,this Covid 19 will affect football big time, at every level. 🍺 🥳
Aye, it's sure to wreak more havoc on our game yet. Fnancially, I fear a lot of the smaller Clubs won't survive till the end of this cluster-fuck pandemic.

For us, my biggest fear is how it will affect us in the League and on the park with cancellations of matches, or God forbid, the cancellation of League fitbaw altogether.

Also the obvious loss in revenue from matchdays, and failure to qualify for the CL will take it's toll, and probably result in us selling our top players over the next 9 months...hopefully not in this window!

Not to mention the under-par performances the lack of supporters clearly produces.

Uncertain times to say the least MD.

Aye, it's sure to wreak more havoc on our game yet. Fnancially, I fear a lot of the smaller Clubs won't survive till the end of this cluster-fuck pandemic.

For us, my biggest fear is how it will affect us in the League and on the park with cancellations of matches, or God forbid, the cancellation of League fitbaw altogether.

Also the obvious loss in revenue from matchdays, and failure to qualify for the CL will take it's toll, and probably result in us selling our top players over the next 9 months...hopefully not in this window!

Not to mention the under-par performances the lack of supporters clearly produces.

Uncertain times to say the least MD.

I think some of the smaller clubs are used to getting by on very little money but it's the bigger clubs that have star players on expensive contracts that will have more money going out than coming in. We will be selling someone soon no doubt to stay afloat.

Last edited:

Members online

Back