22/23 January Transfer Window.

50 Shades of Green

What do we need? who do we want? and how many of our players will be linked away?

We have a young left footed CB coming in from Japan, is he first team ready or not, Ange so far seems to have signed ready made players that are first team ready, although one or two have still to make their mark, is this young guy a change of tact? Ange has said he now needs to be looking ahead which I agree with. But will we need faces in in January for the run in, I think so.

Me I would still like a CDM in, and I wouldn't be against another goal scorer up front, you can never have enough.

Cant really think of any already playing in the Spl that I'd be after, at a push Devlin fae Hearts, but 🤔.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want a penalty box striker/poacher who has a keen eye for scoring goals - especially in packed penalty areas like we face in the majority of our domestic matches. We continue to create a huge number of good chances but our conversion rate is not always the best.

I would still like a strong holding midfielder - maybe he is already at the club as I think Abildgaard might turn out to be an excellent player and Ideguchi has been so very unlucky with injuries since he arrived (not his fault - the result of bad tackles in a game and in training).

A left sided CB seems to have been addressed with Kobayashi joining us. Maybe we will look for a young right back prospect as Juranovic might be for the off if a good offer is made (possibly in the summer so plan now), so get in cover for Ralston as our full backs are made to do a lot of work.

Other than that I think we might punt McCarthy if possible and if there is the chance to pick up an excellent player irrespective of position then we may well grab that opportunity.

What we know for January business is we are trying to sign Yuki Kobayashi from Vissel Kobe. 23 y.o. left sided centre half. We are continued to be linked with Maccabi Tel Aviv's 18 y.o. attacking midfielder Oscar Gloukh.
Midfield does seem to be the area where we are lacking, more specifically adequate back up/competition for our first choice 3 of McGregor, Hatate & O'Riley.
I think any departures will be replaced, most likely Juranovic, especially of he has a good World Cup and maybe Turnbull, 18 months left on his contract and the attacking midfielder we have who suits Ange's pressing game least.
It won't matter until next season but we need to maintain the number of home based players for European squad (at least 8 with at least 4 coming from Academy) so if the likes of Welsh, McCarthy or Bain are to move on by the summer then we may need to look at SPFL players as replacements. Connor Barron of Aberdeen is the one we seem to be interested in, and he's delaying on a new contract, so a deal with Scales moving up north on a permanent deal may happen.

Ange has said that he is also looking as far as next summer for signings......He is well advanced in what he is trying to achieve...and it feels like the board are backing him......He also said that he knows that some of the favourites may well be sold to be replaced by better players.....He wants to do well in Europe and he is building a better team to do just that......We never stop.......

Ange will have learned some hard lessons from the CL and I would imagine his Jan strategy will have next year's competition in mind. Better to have players with months of familiarity with Angeball than a few weeks when we're facing Europe's finest. And the way the Ukraine war is going we might be able to pick up a few out-of-work Russian hackers on the cheap to sort out the VAR problem.

Me I would still like a CDM in, and I wouldn't be against another goal scorer up front, you can never have enough.
We've got one already. Rocco Vata. He's already on a few EPL sides radar. Its time he was given his chance before we lose him.

We've got one already. Rocco Vata. He's already on a few EPL sides radar. Its time he was given his chance before we lose him.

I don't watch the youngsters but I've always had high hopes for Rocco. I saw the vultures were circling a few weeks back, so hopefully his wee jaunt down under with the first teamers will be the springboard for him to get first team action. We have lost Doak already and don't want to lose yet another promising youngster.

Whit, he’s noo done anything in a Celtic shirt that would remotely justify that kind o money, yid be luck to get £10 million for him, even that’s stretching it, I think ralston in a better player 🤷‍♂️
I agree about young Tony, would be my first pick also, however JJ has played at the World Cup previous to this and done well and he aint Scottish 😏.

What do you think his value is 2 or 3m??, if he goes for less than 8 I would be disappointed. But I stand by my first post and value of JJ.

Whit, he’s noo done anything in a Celtic shirt that would remotely justify that kind o money, yid be luck to get £10 million for him, even that’s stretching it, I think ralston in a better player 🤷‍♂️

No one tends to take notice of what players do in a Celtic shirt on a week to week basis. Its usually based on what they do in Europe/internationals that puts extra pounds on.....JJ was already sought after before he even joined us. He was barely in the door at Parkhead before he was getting linked with United.
He plays for a decent Croatian team and although they played poor the other night they have some big names in the squad.
Our board know how to make money and they will squeeze every penny possible from any potential buyer. Between 10 and 20 million easy....IMO. 😁

No one tends to take notice of what players do in a Celtic shirt on a week to week basis. Its usually based on what they do in Europe/internationals that puts extra pounds on.....JJ was already sought after before he even joined us. He was barely in the door at Parkhead before he was getting linked with United.
He plays for a decent Croatian team and although they played poor the other night they have some big names in the squad.
Our board know how to make money and they will squeeze every penny possible from any potential buyer. Between 10 and 20 million easy....IMO. 😁
Time will tell, heard he’s agitating for a move, one thing is certain, as was proved in our 10IAR season and with the Huns last year….. don’t keep unhappy players at the club, they spread disharmony throughout,
He will go, probably in the January transfer window £5-8 million if we’re lucky 🤷‍♂️

Members online

Latest posts

Back