22/23 January Transfer Window.

A loan move to Sheffield Wed would be good for Welsh. He needs regular gametime. Likewise Lawal who should also be loaned out for experience. We have CCV, Starfelt and Kobayashi as our 3 CHs with Iwata and Johnston as cover.
Last day of the window today, I’d expect no more signings but a few leaving. Welsh and Abildgaard the most likely departures. Ideguchi will probably return to Japan but the J League window is open until the end of March.

It's a story but one everyone who knows football knows the answer to already.
This article , that Ange is responsible for the Japanese influx , only two not by Ange, they make out they've done their research on a subject that's common knowledge.

Celtic have a great record ( unfortunately) of being a conveyor belt of talent now to the top 5 leagues in Europe.
Players worldwide know this so do their agents so do the fans and we'll done to the BBC for figuring that out.

A loan move to Sheffield Wed would be good for Welsh. He needs regular gametime. Likewise Lawal who should also be loaned out for experience. We have CCV, Starfelt and Kobayashi as our 3 CHs with Iwata and Johnston as cover.
Last day of the window today, I’d expect no more signings but a few leaving. Welsh and Abildgaard the most likely departures. Ideguchi will probably return to Japan but the J League window is open until the end of March.
Iwata looked like he'd played for us for ages same for Kobayashi it's going to be difficult to keep both out.
Great quality at the club right now , is a shame ideguchi was maimed he came with the biggest reputation of the Japanese bhoys.

Ange has been bigging up ( rightly so) Starfelt, and his superb partnership with CCV, " he has been a cornerstone of the team , since pretty much the day he arrived " .

He probably doesn't get the same accolades as CCV and Taylor or others perhaps because of his " Hart-attack' moments he throws up at times but his record beside CCV can't be questioned.

It also says he's the man to beat for Kobayashi but when Ange goes out of his way to praise one of his first signings that's not going to be easy.

Carl Starfelt: “I guess he is a bit understated in the way he plays the game,” Ange Postecoglou via @OneFootball.

Last edited:
I see the forces of ultimate darkness have yet to get the Raskin signing over the line. Is he waiting to see how things go with Benfica's sale of Fernandez before committing himself? I dunno. I do know that Ange wouldn't accept that pish, and it says a lot about Raskin's character. Mind you, he'll fit in fine with the rest of the mercenary twats over there! 😂

It's great to see and hear the humility in our players regardless of who it is speaking.
No doubt there are a couple of egos in the team but the dressing room and Ange reigns that stuff in and it's so refreshing to see.

Loved listening to Aaron Mooy he's as humble as they come, but I do feel sorry for him , ( like I do Ange) they're so uncomfortable in front of the cameras it's great to see our manager and players don't want the limelight.

Remember the olden days it was just about this time on transfer deadline day that someone plug in our fax machine and then would summon Lawwell from his crypt so he could scramble around phoning anyone to see who they were desperate to offload.

It didn't matter what position they played or what our manager's priority positions were, or what the player's character and strengths/weaknesses were - as long as Pistol Pete could get them up to Parkhead by 10:30pm to sign a contract.

The media would be full of rumours from in-the-know taxi drivers and long range out-of-focus photos/videos of someone no-one really recognised shaking hands with someone possibly in Celtic Park front reception. You'd have to check the news the next morning to see who it was and if they had signed - usually on a 6 month contract which was rarely ever converted into a proper contract because they either played shite for us or were excellent and their parent club could then sell them to someone else for a massive profit thanks to our hard work.

Oh the nostalgia of it all. I miss those literally last minute chaotic nonsensical days of having an unfocussed scatter-gun approach to player recruitment. Instead of this farcical strategy we have under Lucky Ange where we properly scout players and recruit them very early so they can fit in much quicker and based on how they will actually improve our side.

Sevco through the Daily Lier are bigging up thier latest signing who cost of drum roll …………75000 Euros up front with the same in add ons and they beat 3 European teams one of them even offered they same as sevco the others looking to buy cheap what a joke that is loose change to clubs in Europe they have brought in two players Cantwell who not one club in England made a offer Norwich were only to glad to sell him on to the only club who made an offer,but the Mugs will lap it up for a couple of weeks at least they would have got a better deal down the Barras

Members online

Latest posts

Back