24/25 Pre Season Friendlies

50 Shades of Green

Looking forward to seeing awe our new - - - - -

Wait I'll start that again... So after winning the DOUBLE last season with a last-minute winner against the biggest most dis-honest club in the History of Scottish football, we kick off against the Honest Men of Ayr, with our very own Broonie in charge.

Not even gonna attempt a guesstimate of the team here, probably a international free team for this one and next wed v Queens Park...

The Ayr games on at the same time as the second of quarter finals of the Euros, which is a shame as it looks like a good one this time..

Mon the hoops..

Hope to see some of our up and coming talent make a push for squad places next season..

Last edited:
Surely Oh gets a game rather than Kyogo? I don't think he has been sold yet.
Probably Kelly instead of Lawal, although I'd play Lawal instead of Scales... But hey ho...
Given how far Oh is out of the picture and the reported transfer interest I wasn't expecting to see him again to be honest.
Kelly has still not signed the contract on offer and I think Lawal has impressed on Loan in midfield rather than at the back.
But you could be right we might see both given the numbers available for this game and Queens Park midweek.

Nawrocki had to leave the field very early tonight. Let's hope it isn't anything serious.

View attachment 26169
Didn't look good for Rocky whatever the problem was he's had no luck the lad.
Pretty poor all round last night from a squad full of B team and youth players who looked like they've just met for the first time, no sign of Kelly by the way . .....if this is the sum of our lot from a development point of view i have to say it needs some serious attention.

Add to that Kobayashi Welsh Holm Oh and Kwon who all look no where near good enough to even be considered decent back up.
Yeah it's only the first pre season game and only Kyogo can be considered a definite first team pick with Khun Iwata and maybe Yang decent first team squad players but even with many international players to return there is one helluva lot of work to be done for the new season based on the early look at the squad that will back up the returning players.

We all have family and friends and work and other shit going on with our life’s but I miss football and can’t wait for it to start (even when I’m at work it helps me through my trips) I miss the frustration when Celtic are playing at home in champions league while I’m painting handrails and pipes 😂all jokes aside tho can’t wait for the action to start (probably have a few Debates on here during season too that’s normally fun😂)

Game tonight folks dont forget.... Nae watching that Euros rubbish...

Last game before we go state side... Wonder how many Keepers we will use tonight??

Mon the hoops
Should be a few more first teamers back tonight. The likes of Scales, O'Riley, Palma have all been back in training for more than a week. Hope they give Bosun Lawal a start in midfield and we get to see Matthew Anderson at left back

Last edited:
As things stand 3 of our opening day starting 11 get a runout tonight, Bain, O'Riley & Kyogo. After tonights game we only have the three games in the USA before we play Kilmarnock.
Are we in danger of going into the season unprepared in terms of match fitness as much as with lack of signings to improve an already weakened squad from last season?
Will there be another pre season game announced?
Whatever happened to the Celtic Park pre season friendly that they added onto the season ticket, have they given up on that? There wasn't one last season at CP, only the James Forrest testimonial v Bilbao

As things stand 3 of our opening day starting 11 get a runout tonight, Bain, O'Riley & Kyogo. After tonights game we only have the three games in the USA before we play Kilmarnock.
Are we in danger of going into the season unprepared in terms of match fitness as much as with lack of signings to improve an already weakened squad from last season?
Will there be another pre season game announced?
Whatever happened to the Celtic Park pre season friendly that they added onto the season ticket, have they given up on that? There wasn't one last season at CP, only the James Forrest testimonial v Bilbao
You make a good point Gary and the feeling is one of WTF is going on .....we seem to be sleep walking into the season and given that every football coach will tell you how important pre season training and fitness is for the rest of campaign It's baffling how we are approaching getting a team ready to hit the ground running.

Members online

Latest posts

Back