4-2-3-1, The End - Why sacrifice attacking intent for shutting the back door? We are Celtic!

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
We should play our fastest 2 players at the back

2:5:3 formation with Broony sitting in front of the back 2 ...with two wing back/midfieders

4-2-3-1, The End - Why sacrifice attacking intent for shutting the back door? We are Celtic...Niall's view.

Edouard just doesn't look comfortable up front on his own. Both wingers, left and right, have no space to operate as our full backs bomb forward into their space. It all gets congested, bad enough with nine defenders across the box, but with two players but with two players on each side trying to do the same job b it borders on ridiculous.
not forgetting trying to hit ONE man surrounded by four defenders. Our only tactical change, going to three at the back, happened with ten mins to go. Still, heads up, it's a marathon not a sprint.
Look out St Mirren. COYBIG.

1/6/4 formation don’t know how it’ll work
It’s just a number but after the Hun game we played 2 up front heyfuckingpresto we started winning even when they hud players behind the ball the only blip was Livvy but we blew everycuntaway so get back to what we do best 2 cuntinplayersupfrontok.

HH 🍀

4-2-3-1, The End - Why sacrifice attacking intent for shutting the back door? We are Celtic...Niall's view.

I don't agree about the "risk " of playing 2 attackers in case 1 gets injured. I'd rather take the "risk" and get 3 points.

Have to agree we dont need two sitting in front of the centre backs how about the 352 again I dont no am no a coach but the 4231 just seems so defensive

For me it depends on the strikers
Take the fabled SAS Shearer and Sutton.
The played off each other with Sutton bullying defences and knocking it down for Shearer.
It worked well lady year with Griff and Eddie
Perhaps Polish Paddy and Eddie are to similar to play together.
Once Griff is back we may see a change in tactics.

Members online

Latest posts

Back