7 realistic targets who could replace Neil Lennon and save Celtic's season

Why though mate. Weve been great the last few seasons. The only player of importance we've lost is Foster
We've been successful, but not necessarily great.

Some brilliant one-off performances (well two if you count Lazio), the game against Red Bull Leipzig was top drawer and against Lille and Cluj at home.......we were really good. Played well in a few domestic cup matches, but other than pumping them at the midden last season, it was mostly ho-hum well done.

Performances improved after Christmas, but that was due to playing with that tactical masterplan of actually having two strikers up top against inferior opposition.

Why though mate. Weve been great the last few seasons. The only player of importance we've lost is Foster
Time for us to get back to where we once were L67 and becoming a force to be reckoned with in Europe. The domestic scene is about keeping the scum quiet.
To do so a better long term has to be put in place with a manager that can make that possible, so I would hope for a manager with a better understanding of the European set up more so than the celtic and Scottish set ups

Time for us to get back to where we once were L67 and becoming a force to be reckoned with in Europe. The domestic scene is about keeping the scum quiet.
To do so a better long term has to be put in place with a manager that can make that possible, so I would hope for a manager with a better understanding of the European set up more so than the celtic and Scottish set ups
I don't personally give a monkeys as to who comes in. This is the the most important season for us in years. As long as we win 10 we can than then regroup for the years to come. I'd be quite happy personally to win the league this year and sacrifice loosing it the next. As far far as I'm concerned this WILL be the only time it can ever be achieved

We canni eat little Alfredo
Awww fuck, have you seen the size o' their bairns, mate. That's why their taps start at 5XL, just so they can get one to fit wee Alfredo!!!

That wee fucker alone could have saved Jesus some fishes and loaves. That bairn's body mass would feed 10, 000 never mind just 5!!!

I am not condoning cannibalism in any way. There is a clear distinction between flesh eating zombies and hungry cannibals.

Awww fuck, have you seen the size o' their bairns, mate. That's why their taps start at 5XL, just so they can get one to fit wee Alfredo!!!

That wee fucker alone could have saved Jesus some fishes and loaves. That bairn's body mass would feed 10, 000 never mind just 5!!!

I am not condoning cannibalism in any way. There is a clear distinction between flesh eating zombies and hungry cannibals.
He could feed the island he came from for weeks

Lenny is still here..he deserves respect...threads like this reek of 90's Uber allies hun mentality
I'm sorry Docco but he lost my respect at the old firm game and has carried it through to now. I like everyone else have not been able to watch a game unless on TV, but every game I've seen, he has sat there with his arms crossed doing fuck all. I think he has relied on the backing of the fans to get of his seat. I WAS his number 1 fan until this trend started. Its not been the odd game either. Its a fkn trend

Sorry no sure what your point is here as we were talking about potential managerial candidates if Lenny goes and how you think it has to be someone who 'knows' Celtic. The point I was making was it's exactly that type of reasoning that limits us as a club.

What is the most important factor when identifying a new Celtic manager......the fact he's a 'Celtic man' who knows the club or that he's a man with a proven track record of success in management? I'd argue that the latter is by far the most important factor when making that decision.

Put it this way Klopp wasn't a 'Liverpool man' when he took over at Anfield, Pep Guardiola wasn't a 'Man City man' when he took over at the Etihad yet both have been extremely successful regardless.

Sorry no sure what your point is here as we were talking about potential managerial candidates if Lenny goes and how you think it has to be someone who 'knows' Celtic. The point I was making was it's exactly that type of reasoning that limits us as a club.

What is the most important factor when identifying a new Celtic manager......the fact he's a 'Celtic man' who knows the club or that he's a man with a proven track record of success in management? I'd argue that the latter is by far the most important factor when making that decision.

Put it this way Klopp wasn't a 'Liverpool man' when he took over at Anfield, Pep Guardiola wasn't a 'Man City man' when he took over at the Etihad yet both have been extremely successful regardless.
I'd like to think it goes hand in hand mate

Aye, but I do take the boys point to a certain degree, mate.

I mean there's Brendan. He was Chelsea through and through, Reading daft, a Swansea fanatic, a Liverpool die hard, a Celtic disciple and a Leicester City season ticket holder growing up.

There's a lot to be said for having a connection to a (many) club(s).

Aye, but I do take the boys point to a certain degree, mate.

I mean there's Brendan. He was Chelsea through and through, Reading daft, a Swansea fanatic, a Liverpool die hard, a Celtic disciple and a Leicester City season ticket holder growing up.

There's a lot to be said for having a connection to a (many) club(s).
My point is we need someone who knows what there getting involved with with lawell. They need to know how to deal with it

My point is we need someone who knows what there getting involved with with lawell. They need to know how to deal with it
I know and in an ideal world that would be a grand solution.

The only problem is, is that Peter Lawwell would likely be the most significant voice throughout the hiring process and I don't think he'd be inclined to hire someone who would be likely to cause him too much grief.

I was jesting about Brendan there, but even with the credit he had in the bank with the fans - he soon enough found out that Peter had Dermot's ear and that making money from high dividends was a much more attractive proposition than spending money to sign players.

Peter may well be a narcissistic egomaniac, but he's far from stupid either.

I'd like to think it goes hand in hand mate

Why should it though mate?

Do we sign players based on them being 'Celtic men who know the club' or do we sign them based on their ability?

Why should a managerial appointment be any different?

If they happen to be both then great we've won a watch but being a 'Celtic man' should not be a prerequisite to managing Celtic, that sort of reasoning not only serves to narrow our chances of success on the pitch but places an unnecessary limit on the club's overall potential.

Back