A Brilliant Forum so let's keep it that way

There are plenty of Celtic supporters where I live. There are plenty of folk who are also happy enough to discuss football in general, but what separates a site (such as this) is that it gives fellas like myself, who are out in the boondocks, an opportunity to get an insight from folk who are a lot closer to Celtic geographically and who have their ear pretty close to the ground.

It also gives folk like me (who can be pretty set in their ways) an alternative opinion on the performances and politics of Celtic. Sometimes I might initially baulk at some of the suggestions, but once I digest the information, I often find that there is merit in there and that people are approaching the same problem from a slightly different perspective.

I spend so much time at work and play being rather contrary, that I tend to overcompensate for this by being a bit too pro-Celtic and tend to overlook areas that often need addressing. Many contributors on this platform provide me with plenty of food for thought on these matters.

Another positive aspect of this site, from a personal point of view, is that often I can be a bit too pre-occupied with footbal in my day-to-day 'real' life and therefore I steer clear of topics which are directly related to the actual football itself. How we play, view, and dissect the game is a very subjective thing and I guess that I don't want to get embroiled in issues that are neither obviously right or obviously wrong.

This leads me nicely to by far and away the most positive aspect of this site...........

The regular contributors on this platform are a force of nature and are largely a group of folk that I would happily break bread with and even share my secret stash of poitin with. I've had disagreements and fallouts, but you are mainly a forgiving bunch and in spite of some of the pretty enthusiastic arguments, it would seem that (for the most part) we can let bygones be bygones.

I've seen some brutal exchanges on here, but then later see the same combatants encouraging one another??? It's pub culture in a digital environment. This site has brought old and young, men and women, geniuses and idiots all together at various points and that is an achievement in and of itself.

I appreciate that, in certain cases, far too much water has passed under the bridge and that relationships may be permanently damaged, but as in any other setting - conflict can be avoided if folk choose not to cross paths. I know that that might be difficult because feelings are still raw, but I would hate to see all of the good work that has been done become unravelled due to issues that don't necessarily have to be issues within the confines of this forum. You don't have to like one another, but you don't have to communicate with each other either.

I've taken a shine to many folk that I was initially sceptical of. I would hate to see them not be a part of this group because of matters that could have been avoided.
Brilliant post SP......take a bow my friend.

There are plenty of Celtic supporters where I live. There are plenty of folk who are also happy enough to discuss football in general, but what separates a site (such as this) is that it gives fellas like myself, who are out in the boondocks, an opportunity to get an insight from folk who are a lot closer to Celtic geographically and who have their ear pretty close to the ground.

It also gives folk like me (who can be pretty set in their ways) an alternative opinion on the performances and politics of Celtic. Sometimes I might initially baulk at some of the suggestions, but once I digest the information, I often find that there is merit in there and that people are approaching the same problem from a slightly different perspective.

I spend so much time at work and play being rather contrary, that I tend to overcompensate for this by being a bit too pro-Celtic and tend to overlook areas that often need addressing. Many contributors on this platform provide me with plenty of food for thought on these matters.

Another positive aspect of this site, from a personal point of view, is that often I can be a bit too pre-occupied with footbal in my day-to-day 'real' life and therefore I steer clear of topics which are directly related to the actual football itself. How we play, view, and dissect the game is a very subjective thing and I guess that I don't want to get embroiled in issues that are neither obviously right or obviously wrong.

This leads me nicely to by far and away the most positive aspect of this site...........

The regular contributors on this platform are a force of nature and are largely a group of folk that I would happily break bread with and even share my secret stash of poitin with. I've had disagreements and fallouts, but you are mainly a forgiving bunch and in spite of some of the pretty enthusiastic arguments, it would seem that (for the most part) we can let bygones be bygones.

I've seen some brutal exchanges on here, but then later see the same combatants encouraging one another??? It's pub culture in a digital environment. This site has brought old and young, men and women, geniuses and idiots all together at various points and that is an achievement in and of itself.

I appreciate that, in certain cases, far too much water has passed under the bridge and that relationships may be permanently damaged, but as in any other setting - conflict can be avoided if folk choose not to cross paths. I know that that might be difficult because feelings are still raw, but I would hate to see all of the good work that has been done become unravelled due to issues that don't necessarily have to be issues within the confines of this forum. You don't have to like one another, but you don't have to communicate with each other either.

I've taken a shine to many folk that I was initially sceptical of. I would hate to see them not be a part of this group because of matters that could have been avoided.
Took the words right out my mouth SP😂
Seriously though, very well put👏👏👏

Well said as usual bigman, but some of the stuff posted on here lately (especially last night) was nothin short of plain old fashioned bullying.
I know you could say it's not my argument, but I just can't stand any sort of discrimination or bullying. That's just the way I was brought up.
I know I'm no saint myself and have been involved in many an argument on here and there are a few people on here who I'm very sceptical of what there motives are, so I don't converse with them.
When a person is being laughed at for mental health issues, that's just too far. how often have we read stories about online bullying and racism and the likes. It's just fuckin disgusting and downright wrong.
I don't want no row or argument in response to this post, but I just feel someone had to say something. Fuckin cop on and quit fuckin bullying!

I have removed a member for their own good, not that they appeared to do much wrong. However I was sick of being bombarded with messages and the forum is in danger of imploding. There is nothing more to say other than the red card button will be used and if necessary the forum closed, I worked all day yesterday fighting Celtic's corner then last night and this morning have over 50 messages about the crap that was happening on here. Better things to do with my time than that. Sorry if anyone disagrees.

Nothing cool about someone spending days trying to discredit someone with lies.

Setting up thread after thread to do so.

Hard to respond to neurotic bullying like that.

Not the Celtic way imho.
Ok lass, I'm very fond of you and you might not necessarily like what I'm about to write, but believe me when I say that it's with your wellbeing in mind.

There are things that happened within this environment that had no business taking place. These were things that had a serious consequential effect upon people's lives and that was never the intended purpose of this site.

Folk will naturally develop relationships through common features and interests and it is natural that they may cultivate those relationships, but only to a limited degree.....

There were relationships that developed which progressed beyond the digital world and they had a devastating effect on a number of people, you yourself being one of them.

It's not my job to be judge and jury, but blame lies on all fronts and should be apportioned appropriately. No one came out of that debacle with clean hands and I take my own responsibility for not seeing the warning signs long before the issue reached critical mass.

This next line goes out to quite a few regulars here........if you open the door to the devil, don't be surprised if he walks right in.

Caroline Flack (among many others) showed what an insane place that the digital space can be. Once you combine that with the corporeal world, then you have a recipe for disaster.

Folk are still raw, frustrated and angry about what happened previously. I don't blame them for that, but I hope they can perhaps rationalise and process things with a bit more assurance from here on in.

I'm happy that you appear to be recovering well, but other folk are still also recovering in the aftermath and you have to give them a bit of leeway to come to terms with the current situation.

I'm not going to play the blame game, there were a few of you who needed your heads cracking together and I hope you all learned something.

You have my best wishes and I hope things are working out, but try and avoid those things in life which are outwith your control. Even if it's only a thread on a website. I wouldn't expect a recovering heroin addict to find solace in a shooting gallery.........it would be in their best interests to circumnavigate those places that may prove detrimental to their recovery.

Well said as usual bigman, but some of the stuff posted on here lately (especially last night) was nothin short of plain old fashioned bullying.
I know you could say it's not my argument, but I just can't stand any sort of discrimination or bullying. That's just the way I was brought up.
I know I'm no saint myself and have been involved in many an argument on here and there are a few people on here who I'm very sceptical of what there motives are, so I don't converse with them.
When a person is being laughed at for mental health issues, that's just too far. how often have we read stories about online bullying and racism and the likes. It's just fuckin disgusting and downright wrong.
I don't want no row or argument in response to this post, but I just feel someone had to say something. Fuckin cop on and quit fuckin bullying!
Quite right First of all I was recommended to this group by my brother who has been a member for a long while and I thought it was a great site with great posts although we didnt all agree However now all I see are certain posters bullying one person Its not what I came on here for If I wanted to hear this rubbish I would be a hun on FF or such Keep the posts a Celtic group and if you must be nasty pm each other so we dont have to read your bullying attitude I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves

I was out all last night...just sayin 😬 😂

Is ma mate ok? see a load a quoted posts but no actual posts? 😕

For what its worth, this is a great wee forum..sure i was subjected to hun accusations when i joined and had to go to some pretty desperate measures to prove otherwise...A lot of it was my fault to be fair, no denying that but its only natural to have suspicions! ..me and the big man have banter which verges on the edge sometimes but we pull it back and we are like an old couple....The internet and forums like these can be vicious at times and i knew someone who posted on a music page i was a member of who actually committed suicide because of the online bullying he used to receive..simmer down and be nice or just ignore is what i say!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back