A defence of James Forrest (the blogger)

SamTeàrlachH

I know many will say this isn't the place or the time or the correct forum to do this.

And I know some, who can remember, will think me a hypocrite after I was momentarily banned from this site for getting carried away in an argument with James Forrest. I tried to personally apologise to James Forrest over that incident. I made personal comments that inflamed what could have been a potentially civil discussion. The internet messes with your mind and can so very easily poison your behaviour. It's why I keep off Twitter. Marshall McLuhan famously said the medium is the message and, with things like twitter, the entire forum is designed for belligerence, misunderstanding and then, yes, more belligerence. The medium becomes the message. All you find yourself in is an ocean of ignorance and belligerence. Pick a subject and, 9/10, that's where you end up up.

So why am I bringing this up? John James, a man of whom I know nothing in a personal capacity, has launched an attack on James Forrest in retaliation for Forrest rightfully calling out John James' persistent will to LIE about Neil Lennon. To cut a long story short, James has invented the narrative that Neil Lennon is a hopeless alcoholic who is mentally and physically not up to the role of Celtic manager. It's a narrative that James attempted to disseminate at the end of last season, when he claimed that Lennon was drunk and disorderly at an awards event telling anyone who would listen that he had not been given the Celtic job and making unsavoury remarks about the Celtic hierarchy. According to James, and his 100% authentic, reliable source, Lennon had been told prior to the Scottish Cup final that David Moyes was to be the new Celtic manager.

When this didn't happen, James, as many liars do, scrambled some excuse about a last minute change of mind (I can't remember what it was exactly), but he never recanted the libellous and genuinely squalid lie that Lennon was an alcoholic. No, far from ditching that particularly poisonous deception, he continued with it. I believe it was just after our 4-3 home loss in the Champions League qualifiers that James once again insinuated that Lennon was an alcoholic who had lost complete control of his life and thus his job.

Again, when this turned out to be, for want of a better word, bollocks, James didn't recant or cut the narrative. He said nothing, all the while fleecing hapless Celtic fans out of a shitload of money (I think £120-per-year) to read his 'password protected' articles that form part of his main scam. One of the great scammers in the history of scamming is Bernie Madoff. Madoff, among other things, perpetrated what is called an 'affinity scam' - this scam deliberately targets people of the same ethnicity or religious persuasion in the belief that the victims will essentially trust someone of the same ethnicity or religion as them. In the case of Madoff, he targeted rich and, in terms of Holocaust charities, not-so-rich Jewish people, depicting himself as a salt of the earth Jewish boy from Queens, the son of a plumber. Someone they could trust.

Of course I'm not comparing James to Madoff in terms of the quantity and quality of his scam, but it's of the same ilk. His entire fleecing operation depends not simply on an appeal to an affinity with him as a fellow Celtic fan, but an appeal to the particular problems associated with being a Celtic fan (sectarianism and bias in the media etc.) That's how he gets the £120 off the poor Celts who very sadly buy into his scam. The protected content he offers as exclusives about Celtic (as in presenting inside information about Celtic) are rarely-if-ever accurate and contain, as is the case with his narrative concerning Lennon's alcoholism, outright lies that damage not just Neil Lennon but the entire club.

Once again, following the Glasgow derby defeat at the end of last year, James rolled out the line that Lennon is a hopeless alcoholic who has completely lost control. Yes, he is still persisting with this despicable lie in order to, I assume, gain more cash from Celts looking for gossip, assuage the needs of his existing scambase and carry out some kind of personal vendetta against Neil Lennon.

Well, James Forrest called this out in a recent blog post. Rightfully. He laid into James, though not by name, and his propensity to be worse than even the worst tabloid rags when it comes to attacking Celtic and lying. He also mentioned the fact that James is a proven homophobe and, yes, what Forrest called a 'xenophobe' and what I would call a racist. James consistently and very deliberately misspells the name of Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo as a means to mock the player for having an African name (it's 'Bongo Umbongo from the Congo' style racist mockery) among other things. Forrest is completely correct to call out James - other Celtic bloggers should follow suit.

James is now, like some sort of snitch, or 'clipe' as we used to call them, threatening to go to Forrest's 'paymasters' to attempt to censor his criticisms of him. So I'd advise anyone who cares to completely boycott John James. He's a malicious element among our fan base who seeks to cause division, sow confusion and normalise racist and homophobic rhetoric. People will say 'he's just a blogger', but the mainstream media is dying - people rely more and more on blogs for news and opinions and information. Unfortunately, the bloggers and the so-called 'alternative media' can be just the same if not worse than the dreaded mainstream media.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest. Avoid John James.

Last edited:
I know many will say this isn't the place or the time or the correct forum to do this.

And I know some, who can remember, will think me a hypocrite after I was momentarily banned from this site for getting carried away in an argument with James Forrest. I tried to personally apologise to James Forrest over that incident. I made personal comments that inflamed what could have been a potentially civil discussion. The internet messes with your mind and can so very easily poison your behaviour. It's why I keep of Twitter. Marshal McLuhan famously said the medium is the message and, with things like twitter, the entire forum is designed for belligerence, misunderstanding and then, yes, more belligerence. The medium becomes the message. All you find yourself in is an ocean of ignorance and belligerence.

So why am I bringing this up? John James, a man of whom I know nothing in a personal capacity, has launched an attack on James Forrest in retaliation for Forrest rightfully calling out John James' persistent will to LIE about Neil Lennon. To cut a long story short, James has invented the narrative that Neil Lennon is a hopeless alcoholic who is mentally and physically not up to the role of Celtic manager. It's a narrative that James attempted to disseminate at the end of last season, when he claimed that Lennon was drunk and disorderly at an awards event telling anyone who would listen that he had not been given the Celtic job and making unsavoury remarks about the Celtic hierarchy. According to James, and his 100% authentic, reliable source, Lennon had been told prior to the Scottish Cup final that David Moyes was to be the new Celtic manager.

When this didn't happen, James, as many liars do, scrambled some excuse about a last minute change of mind (I can't remember what it was exactly), but he never recanted the libellous and genuinely squalid lie that Lennon was an alcoholic. No, far from ditching that particularly poisonous deception, he continued with it. I believe it was just after our 4-3 home loss in the Champions League qualifiers that James once again insinuated that Lennon was an alcoholic who had lost complete control of his life and thus his job.

Again, when this turned out to be, for want of a better word, bollocks, James didn't recant or cut the narrative. He said nothing, all the while fleecing hapless Celtic fans out of a shitload of money (I think £120-per-year) to read his 'password protected' articles that form part of his main scam. One of the great scammers in the history of scamming is Bernie Madoff. Madoff, among other things, perpetrated what is called an 'affinity scam' - this scam deliberately targets people of the same ethnicity or religious persuasion in the belief that the victims will essentially trust someone of the same ethnicity or religion as them. In the case of Madoff, he targeted rich and, in terms of Holocaust charities, not-so-rich Jewish people, depicting himself as a salt of the earth Jewish boy from Queens, the son of a plumber. Someone they could trust.
Of course I'm not comparing James to Madoff in terms of the quantity and quality of his scam, but it's of the same ilk. His entire fleecing operation depends not simply on an appeal to an affinity with him as a fellow Celtic fan, but an appeal to the particular problems associated with being a Celtic fan (sectarianism and bias in the media etc.) That's how he gets the £120 off the poor Celts who very sadly buy into his scam. The protected content he offers as exclusives about Celtic (as in presenting inside information about Celtic) are rarely-if-ever accurate and contain, as is the case with his narrative concerning Lennon's alcoholism, outright lies that damage not just Neil Lennon but the entire club.

Once again, following the Glasgow derby defeat at the end of last year, James rolled out the line that Lennon is a hopeless alcoholic who has completely lost control. Yes, he is still persisting with this despicable lie in order to, I assume, gain more cash from Celts looking for gossip, assuage the needs of his existing scambase and carry out some kind of personal vendetta against Neil Lennon.

Well, James Forrest called this out in a recent blog post. Rightfully. He laid into James, though not by name, and his propensity to be worse than even the worst tabloid rags when it comes to attacking Celtic and lying. He also mentioned the fact that James is a proven homophobe and, yes, what Forrest called a 'xenophobe' and what I would call a racist. James consistently and very deliberately misspells the name of Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo as a means to mock the player for having an African name (it's 'Bongom Umbongo from the Congo' style racism) among other things. Forrest is completely correct to call out James and other Celtic bloggers should do the same.

James is now, like some sort of snitch, or 'clipe' as we used to call them, threatening to go to Forrest's 'paymasters' to attempt to censor his criticisms of him. So I'd advise anyone who cares to completely boycott John James. He's a malicious element among our fan base who seeks to cause division, sow confusion and normalise racist and homophobic rhetoric. People will say 'he's just a blogger', but the mainstream media is dying - people rely more and more on blogs for news and opinions and information. Unfortunately, the bloggers and the so-called 'alternative media' can be just the same if not worse than the dreaded mainstream media.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest. Avoid John James.
WTF you telling me I could fuckin charge cunts tae read the shite I post we’re the fuck dae you sign up FFS 🙈🙈

Totally agree with you, Sam. His constant sniping at other bloggers is petty and trite and his complete fabrications of NL and his lifestyle are hunnish, to say the least. I can't believe folk pay good money on a regular basis for his theories that he tries to pass off as fact even although it's mostly regurgitated shite he's gleaned from fan sites (huns) and gossip mongers.
Those who post on his site are so far up his arse that they could complete a dental hygiene check on his teeth. And those are the only ones he receives, apparently.
I sometimes read it to see what shite he's banging on about but his xenophobia and homophobia are phobias that I or other decent folk cannot identify with and now his purge on Lenny takes him up to another level of shittery.

Totally agree with you, Sam. His constant sniping at other bloggers is petty and trite and his complete fabrications of NL and his lifestyle are hunnish, to say the least. I can't believe folk pay good money on a regular basis for his theories that he tries to pass off as fact even although it's mostly regurgitated shite he's gleaned from fan sites (huns) and gossip mongers.
Those who post on his site are so far up his arse that they could complete a dental hygiene check on his teeth. And those are the only ones he receives, apparently.
I sometimes read it to see what shite he's banging on about but his xenophobia and homophobia are phobias that I or other decent folk cannot identify with and now his purge on Lenny takes him up to another level of shittery.

Absolutely. Wouldn't be surprised if a few huns with more money than sense 'subscribe' to his site just to find new ways to attack us and their arch-enemy Neil Lennon.

Sam they float around our forums and print shite to keep themselves relevant, they stir a pot and hope for hits, many disguises and double up backing up the shite they spout.

This from Scottish Football Monitor check out these two roasters, absoloute shite.

• Eastwood 27th December 2019 at 18:59

easyJambo,
    I 'd say that Newco purchasing the "business and assets" of Oldco is as established a fact as any in this saga. At various times phrases have been used mischeivously like "basket of assets", "asset fire sale" with the intention of diminishing the integrity of the business that was transferred. And yes, assets were included, so those such phrases carry some truth! It was a TUPE relevant transfer, therefore recognised as "a transfer of an economic entity – an organised grouping of resources – which retains its identity". A business, in short.
    Re. your second contentious point, there has been some conflation of the use of the term "going concern" applied to the company (was clearly not a going concern post rejected CVA) and the business up for sale (was and remained a going concern throughout the course of the administration). Going concern in respect of the business I would understand as meaning it is operating (still paying the wages etc, albeit during the off-season) and fit to continue operating under a new owner. Both applied in Rangers' case.
    You're correct in recognising that the football authorities treat Rangers as a continuing club, but I suppose, as with any referee's decision, the punters are at liberty to call foul and often do according to their tribal instincts!

Darkbeforedawn 27th December 2019 at 19:04

JC, I could never possibly claim to be privy to what you “know” to be the truth so I find it very presumptuous for you to claim you know what I know. Contrary to your belief, there is not a wide army of Rangers fans in “denial” who secretly believe we’re a new club but don’t let on. My views have been regularly stated on the archives here and I like to think I am one of the more clued up Rangers fans on what has happened. I have no doubt the majority who go to games are not even aware there is any debate. For them they will go to games no doubt “knowing” they are watching the same Rangers they always have (without a site such as this, how would they even know there was a different opinion by others?). Who am I to criticise when you are incredibly passionate about your beliefs, however different to my own, so credit for your resolve. It will be interesting to hear if you do get responses from either but I would be very surprised if they were fruitful for what you are hoping – and I can’t see UEFA changing which seems to be a policy they adopt for all Phoenix clubs just because a Celtic fan from Scotland has written a letter but we will see. If I was a betting man I would expect some sort of fudge along the lines of the company / club, clubs being more than the business etc etc. To change their stance on Rangers would involve them having to claim back money they have awarded, changing the coefficients and updating their history for not just Rangers but a host of other clubs all across Europe. It may be that I am more cynical than some, but even if it was something I felt strongly about as you do, the thought of corrupt organisations such as UEFA or any financial authority doing the “right thing” would be a long shot.

Darkbeforedawn 27th December 2019 at 19:15

The HMRC quote is as follows:
    “It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA. Rangers can make a fresh start,”
    I took that as quite clear and concise that they did not believe that would be the end of Rangers. “A new club can make a fresh start” would be along the lines of the beliefs on here. But those were clearly not HMRCs

Darkbeforedawn 27th December 2019 at 19:22

I guess the most straight forward comparison would be I could run up huge debts that I knew I couldn’t ever pay back, go for voluntary bankruptcy and shed 90% of them. Yes, like Rangers I will be affected (credit score ruined for 6 years, payments made as much as possible) but after that period I would still be Darkbeforedawn – not a new person. Apologies for the frivalty of that
    sad
    . And on larger scales businesses do that all the time – shed the bad parts and keep the best. To hell with everyone that is owed debts and how do we repay them? We make them president of the USA!

Must admit until recently I knew little of JJ's reputation. Other than the fact he seemed an acomplished writer (and he is) I took a lot of his content with a pinch of salt and assumed he was creating or had created some kind of niche market in competition with Phil and actually thought it was a rather interesting approach to blogging.
Turns out i may have been rather misguided to say the least.
I quite like James Forrest as a blogger as it goes. I have a real respect for anyone willing to give an opinion and put it out there as you are always going to have to do it for yourself and forget what people might think. Sometimes like he can seem somewhat intense and far from open to criticism but he has the club at heart that will do me.
Seems sad to see any celtic site fall out with each other when even if on individual issues they may temporarily come at it from different angles-the bigger picture should mean they have the club at heart.
I hadn't heard the allegations over Lennon and the drinking stuff. You better have your facts right posting stuff like that.

Must admit until recently I knew little of JJ's reputation. Other than the fact he seemed an acomplished writer (and he is) I took a lot of his content with a pinch of salt and assumed he was creating or had created some kind of niche market in competition with Phil and actually thought it was a rather interesting approach to blogging.
I quite like James Forrest as a blogger as it goes. I have a real respect for anyone willing to give an opinion and put it out there as you are always going to have to do it for yourself and forget what people might think. Sometimes like he can seem somewhat intense and far from open to criticism but he has the club at heart that will do me.
Seems sad to see any celtic site fall out with each other when even if on individual issues they may temporarily come at it from different angles-the bigger picture should mean they have the club at heart.
I hadn't heard the allegations over Lennon and the drinking stuff. You better have your facts right posting stuff like that.
Niall yer bang oan mate imho the truth now just gets in the way mate lies unfortunately sell my da used tae tell me being a doctor laywer or a journalist was a real job ...unfortunately at least one of them had fell by the wayside I ask you when did you last see a doctor 🤣🤣🤣

Niall yer bang oan mate imho the truth now just gets in the way mate lies unfortunately sell my da used tae tell me being a doctor laywer or a journalist was a real job ...unfortunately at least one of them had fell by the wayside I ask you when did you last see a doctor 🤣🤣🤣
4 weeks for a GP appointment, £300 for a consulation with a solicitor-or a journo pays £200 if you have a story on Lenny. You da was right on 2 outta 3. Good odds.

4 weeks for a GP appointment, £300 for a consulation with a solicitor-or a journo pays £200 if you have a story on Lenny. You da was right on 2 outta 3. Good odds.
But Niall ma da never said anything about it being the truth 😂😂 Wee story Niall ma auld fella was told two years ago he had cancer nothing they could do , his ain doctor got ma sisters in talking about palative care and shit went in to see him wan morning he was suited and booted asks we’re are you aff tae ......he wiz aff tae buy his ain funeral old tadger any got a letter fae hospital sayin he needed to come in for some tests was told you need to stay till we get the results ....... the the results ffs sorry bigian no a bit a cancer in yer body 4 months that auld cunt had a laff cause everycunts thought he wiz dying 😂😂😂 still way us doing ma cock in auld scroat 🤣🤣🤣

I'm the same Niall. I had read some bickering between him and PMG a while back and then when I became a regular visitor on here a few of the old hands made an occassional post about JJ so I checked him out. Must have read half a dozen posts by him and he isn't for me either. It tends to be about how great he is rather than about the subject matter.

Yes, I'm sure that technically he is a good writer but quite frankly his articles bored the arse off of me!

Members online

Latest posts

Back