A Fitting Fairytale Send Off for Cesar!

Shadow2

Billy McNeill once said there was a 'fairytale' nature to Celtic Football Club, today those words from our greatest ever captain have never been so apt or poignant.

On the day we came together to honour Billy and mourn his passing we were given a moment that captured the very essence of what Billy meant when he uttered those words......amazingly in the 67th minute the man who now wears Billy's number 5 jersey rose higher than the rest to bullet a powerful header beyond Kilmarnock's keeper and into the back of the net......it was a goal reminiscent of Billy himself and such a perfect moment that it was like Billy had scripted it personally just to prove his point that Celtic Football Club does have this 'fairytale' nature to it just like he said.

I've witnessed some amazing moments, some beautiful moments watching Celtic over the years but I don't think I've ever witnessed one so perfect than the one we saw today, it really was something special.

Special mention for big Jozo, not only for that glorious moment in the 67th minute but for his beautiful gesture when he gifted his jersey to Billy's family after the match. It was a class act and I'm sure it meant a lot to Billy's family. The big man was quite emotional during his post-match interview and understood the magnitude of Billy's passing and what that goal meant, not just to us but what it meant to the McNeill family. Really impressed with the big man's performance both on and off the field today (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Hail Hail Cesar!

Jozo & big Kris Ajer were immense today
The one time Kris stumbled and the Kilmarnock forward was through, it's as if an unseen hand, grabbed KA, by the jersey and hauled him back to regain his balance end get a goal saving tackle in
You could tell what this game meant to both of them, there was no way, they were letting Celtic lose this game today
The fans who witnessed this, will remember it for the rest of their lives
Atmosphere was brilliant
Billy will be smiling down on Celtic Park today
HH

Last edited:
Jozo & big Kris Ajer were immense today
The one time Kris stumbled and the Kilmarnock forward was through, it's as if an unseens hand grabbed KA, by the jersey and hauled him back to regain his balance end get a goal saving tackle in
You could tell what this game meant to both of them, there was no way, they were letting Celtic lose this game today
The fans who witnessed this, will remember it for the rest of their lives
Atmosphere was brilliant
Billy will be smiling down on Celtic Park today
HH
They are going to be a great pairing hopefully they will stay injury free and we can see the best of them God Bless Big Billy

Now I've been a Celtic supporter since I came screaming into this world a few yrs back, I've seen magnificent demolitions of teams, I've seen last minute winners when all looked lost, goodness I've even seen us win a double in our centenary season when asking for odds on that happening at the start of the season would have seen you laughed out of the bookies.

I've told my son that nothing really surprises me about Celtic as I've seen it all before, the raw emotion, tears and cheers the magic of European nights and the praise from visiting fans.

But I was left completely speechless with a few tears in my eyes today when Jozo/BILLY our number 5 nodded in the winner in the 67th min.

This is how it feels to be Celtic.....

Members online

Latest posts

Back