A new element of fans

Thanks for pointing out I'm turning 50 😳
I am 66 now. My dad collapsed at Paradise during the 67 Euro run. So at 11 years old I seen the start, seen the fails, Big Jock road accident and club demise, boardroom coups, Fergus talking to me and my sons at the Euro game against "Inter Cable Tel" at Cardiff when Wim Jansen were shown, my sons and I in the family enclosure and stopping the 10IAR. The Martin O'Neil saga wiping the guns, Rodger's and his betrayal to the fans.
Have been up in the heavens, down desolate in the valleys. I hope this is a new dawn not a Hun Tshumina coming over the horizon.
Ramble and rant over

Lenny only done what every other Celtic fan would have done if offered that job ,just a shame him and his sidekick were clueless!The board are at fault for last season ,going from Rodgers to Lennon was another example of their penny pinching.

As for the entitled Celtic fan ,i dont buy that shite ,we were miles ahead of the rest in Scotland ,the huns bring in a rookie coach,sign some bang average players and within a couple of seasons theyve won the league...disgraceful

Talking about winning a treble then having to leave soon after and he couldnae understand even though we sealed another treble that overall the club as a whole was floundering basically how he canny see that the last Scottish Cup win was just papering over cracks just cause we won a trophy does not mean alls good and rosy in the celtic garden it was obvious early last season it just wisnae gonny happen but because we secured another treble the board and lennon used it to smother they're own short Cummings the governance off the park is where we fucked up lennon shud never have been appointed in a fuckin shower aff the back of winning a trophie from there onwards was a pure shitshow like we've never seen yes hes a legend but legends also can fail

No doubting Neil's achievements at Celtic and the regard in which he was held. However there has to be an acceptance that last season was completely unacceptable
Adding fuel to the fire when we are already at a low ebb. A poor show from Neil in my opinion...I would have hoped upon reflection he would have held his hands up for last season showing the supporters some understanding of the massive disappointed. Slating the supporters whilst bigging up DD and PL is so far off the mark. No wonder we are in such a mess right now. HH
NFL, as far as I'm concerned, is and always will be a club legend. Having got that out of the way, I also have to say I'm disappointed in the fact that he hasn't accepted his share of responsibility for the aberration of this season past. Let's be in no doubt, the word "share" is entirely appropriate. The failure was of a collective nature. Manager, boardroom, scouting, players. Not one of those departments performed anywhere near good enough. Lenny, being the manager, quite rightly carried the can. On a personal note, I have put it behind me. The ten wasn't to be. I'm no less a Celtic supporter because of that fact. Managers, like players, CEO's, chairmen, coaches etc come and go. The one constant is the supporters. We pretty much share the same hopes and dreams when it comes to The Hoops. Our opinions will not always be the same on the many aspects surrounding our club. But we all hope for the same outcome. The one thing I would add is that I will never identify with anyone who resorts to throwing anything or indeed resorts to any kind of violence when thinking they're making a point. And before someone chooses to remind me, yes, I do know it was a minority. Let's leave that shit to the George Sq morons.

It would interesting to read the full interview from The Times and not the doctored MSM transcript
well if the interviews doctored why give it in the first place...he knows the media inside out n how they work....plus we saw plenty of his un cut versions when he wiz here....never saw a man up pl n dds arse n awe ma life....man is just an arrogant tit whos lost the plot intae the bargain....fuck off neil...n a hope the scum board urni long behind

"Still biting the hand that fed him".

I am old enough to remember the previous 9IAR. I wanted that TIAR so badly.

This time, I craved it beyond belief.

I am no new breed of Celtic fan, Neil Lennon.

I am realistic enough to accept that I, and others, will never now get an opportunity to see it happen, in our lifetime.

Lennon's attempt at revisionism is shallow, obvious, pathetic and purely self serving.

For me, the two biggest culprits in order of the failure of not achieving this TIAR are:

Neil Lennon and Peter Lawell.

Lennon for his gutless failure to stand up to Lawell.

Lawell for his foolish, arrogant, parsimonious, superior, misguided attitude to football affairs.

The buck stopped with you Neil Lennon, nobody else. The problem was, it stopped too late.

So don't give me your self serving, self pity, not poor me to blame, bullshit.

And when I meet you face to face, I will repeat it to you, word for word.

Hail, Hail.💚🍀

Last edited:
As an ''older'' supporter I feel that I am in as good a position to stick up for Neil Lennon as any on here .

I am every bit as disgusted at the season just passed as any ''new breed of fan''.
I am hurting as much as anyone in the GB or the Toddler Brigade or whatever you wish to call fan groups . We all are !

Neil is also hurting - he wouldn't be human if he wasn't . He has given a lot to Celtic - and suffered terribly for doing so and did not receive one iota of the sympathy from the media that Kamara got for allegedly being called a Fx*$"! .
That was shameful and did not reflect well on them or the football authorities who STILL do not take any action against the main perpetrators of hatred in our game ( nor implement the Financial Fair Play rules that are completely ignored down at Confetti Heaven )

For Neil to suggest that some fans are not real Celtic supporters ( that I think is the implication of his comments ) is too much .
Yes he was criticised for his failings as a coach , severely at times but supporting a football team is an emotional business .
Remember , Neil , you wanted to bring the 'Thunder back '' - well , that can bring lightning too when the storm hits - and by God it hit last season .

It was with a heavy heart that many supporters ( young and not so young ) called for a change of leadership - and NOT just after the Ross County fiasco . If you are honest with yourself , Neil , the signs were clearly there early in the season . You admitted yourself long before Dubai that some players were not at the races as far as commitment to the club was concerned .

We were all sad to see you go in such circumstances . But the supporters ire was NOT directed at you but at The Celtic Board who were ultimately responsible for allowing a bad situation in October to deteriorate into the fiasco of the second half of the season .
Even the players who were criticised for their poor attitude and lack of ''Thunder'' on the park were spared the real wrath of the fans .
The Board has , rightly , been the focus of fans' fury .

Neil is still too close to events and probably needs to allow the emotions ( and they are running high in everyone ) to die down and THEN assess what has been a traumatic year for all of us connected to the club.
Neil Lennon will always be regarded as a huge figure at Celtic - comparisons with other great figures is unnecessary and ill-judged at this time .

He was a courageous figure while at Celtic , as player and coach , and NO ONE has ever had to endure the scandalous abuse heaped upon him for simply being who he was .

He needs to be cut some slack now .

HH
Nothing to add or debate with you. Just like to say Thank you for the realism.

As an ''older'' supporter I feel that I am in as good a position to stick up for Neil Lennon as any on here .

I am every bit as disgusted at the season just passed as any ''new breed of fan''.
I am hurting as much as anyone in the GB or the Toddler Brigade or whatever you wish to call fan groups . We all are !

Neil is also hurting - he wouldn't be human if he wasn't . He has given a lot to Celtic - and suffered terribly for doing so and did not receive one iota of the sympathy from the media that Kamara got for allegedly being called a Fx*$"! .
That was shameful and did not reflect well on them or the football authorities who STILL do not take any action against the main perpetrators of hatred in our game ( nor implement the Financial Fair Play rules that are completely ignored down at Confetti Heaven )

For Neil to suggest that some fans are not real Celtic supporters ( that I think is the implication of his comments ) is too much .
Yes he was criticised for his failings as a coach , severely at times but supporting a football team is an emotional business .
Remember , Neil , you wanted to bring the 'Thunder back '' - well , that can bring lightning too when the storm hits - and by God it hit last season .

It was with a heavy heart that many supporters ( young and not so young ) called for a change of leadership - and NOT just after the Ross County fiasco . If you are honest with yourself , Neil , the signs were clearly there early in the season . You admitted yourself long before Dubai that some players were not at the races as far as commitment to the club was concerned .

We were all sad to see you go in such circumstances . But the supporters ire was NOT directed at you but at The Celtic Board who were ultimately responsible for allowing a bad situation in October to deteriorate into the fiasco of the second half of the season .
Even the players who were criticised for their poor attitude and lack of ''Thunder'' on the park were spared the real wrath of the fans .
The Board has , rightly , been the focus of fans' fury .

Neil is still too close to events and probably needs to allow the emotions ( and they are running high in everyone ) to die down and THEN assess what has been a traumatic year for all of us connected to the club.
Neil Lennon will always be regarded as a huge figure at Celtic - comparisons with other great figures is unnecessary and ill-judged at this time .

He was a courageous figure while at Celtic , as player and coach , and NO ONE has ever had to endure the scandalous abuse heaped upon him for simply being who he was .

He needs to be cut some slack now .

HH
Mills, I had hoped that after what I regard as 3 failures, Bolton, Hibs and Celtic, NFL, would've taken a serious look at his skill set and perhaps had a epiphany as to his failings, but it seems that the doggedness that we appreciated as a player has now turned to delusion, he does not realise that it was not the new element of fans that failed the club but the triumvirate of lennon, Lawwell and bankier who failed to strengthen from a place of financial and player superiority to abject failure. There is a wide range of opinions on this thread, from pro to anti NFL, but if he is just going to become another member of the ex-celts who will attack the club or its supporters just to keep some semblance of validity in the media the I think his status will diminish very quickly. HH

It was with sadness that I read NFL's comments on the new element of celtic supporters, well sorry Neil but if being able to see that a mgr has lost both, the plot and the dressing room makes me part of the new element, the I wear that title with pride. Now I might be one of the so-called entitled fans but as a supporter for 60 years I feel that I am "entitled" to an opinion when it comes to the club. When it is obvious that the people in charge of the club are the ones that truly belie the true values that the club was built upon then it is with a sense of sadness that I have to remind them that the club was founded as a charity for the benefit of the poor in the East end of Glasgow and not for the benefit of the board, but the values of those people are not about being a team that the people can follow but one of how much can I get at the trough of the board. They may like NFL believe that they are the only ones who have Celtic Fc at heart. In my opinion our ex-mgr has clearly shown that he is in fact incapable of rational self reflection. There were times I thought that we were a bit harsh in the treatment of him, but it is only too clear that his inability to reflect on his performance as our mgr in fact backs up a lot of the things we thought were his failings. We should be thankful for the effort he made and say thank you to him, but I'm sorry he's not a so-called legend. HH
Not a legend ? Idk how you or anyone can say that in good faith.

Not a legend ? Idk how you or anyone can say that in good faith.

Again. Each to their own. We can't start telling people who should be legends or not. I believe he has tarnished his status. If he'd walked away and gave the club a chance under a new guy then maybe....but not for me anymore....
Dont forget tony he was working with one hand tied behind his back tbf

Another reason why his legacy is tarnished for me....he chose to work with one hand behind his back....he put a pay packet ahead of the club he loves.....be a fan. Tell us what the board are doing to our club and walk away...don't stay and assist the board in downsizing for the sake of a wage. Larsson said he would want more experience before joining the hoops. He put his legacy before his pocket.

It's too easy to blame the support and if it wasn't the support then it would be someone else's fault. He has to take responsibility for his own shortcomings.
Unfortunately if Neil was true to himself and the Celtic support he would show some "Humility" and realize that he did F.ck up the one of the biggest history making seasons since the Club's formation.
Although he didn't F.ck it up on his own, he had a lot of help ! 😢

NFL, as far as I'm concerned, is and always will be a club legend. Having got that out of the way, I also have to say I'm disappointed in the fact that he hasn't accepted his share of responsibility for the aberration of this season past. Let's be in no doubt, the word "share" is entirely appropriate. The failure was of a collective nature. Manager, boardroom, scouting, players. Not one of those departments performed anywhere near good enough. Lenny, being the manager, quite rightly carried the can. On a personal note, I have put it behind me. The ten wasn't to be. I'm no less a Celtic supporter because of that fact. Managers, like players, CEO's, chairmen, coaches etc come and go. The one constant is the supporters. We pretty much share the same hopes and dreams when it comes to The Hoops. Our opinions will not always be the same on the many aspects surrounding our club. But we all hope for the same outcome. The one thing I would add is that I will never identify with anyone who resorts to throwing anything or indeed resorts to any kind of violence when thinking they're making a point. And before someone chooses to remind me, yes, I do know it was a minority. Let's leave that shit to the George Sq morons.
It,s a pity Frank he did not have the same thoughts in mind in 2020 -2021 as he had in 2014 when he left Celtic for the dizzy heights of the might Bolton Wanderers when he made the statement.
I believe I have taken Celtic as far as I can...

HH.

I'm actually now wondering why he has chosen to come out and say this now?
Why not just maintain a dignified silence? He would have eventually been forgiven. Most of us have drawn a line under a disastrous Season and were putting the blame on an incompetent Board. The general feeling being before the Dubai debacle the signs were there and for whatever reason it just wasn't working for NL, not everyone was blaming him personally. There seemed to be unrest in the camp and it was showing on the pitch.
That was the time for him to be relieved of the responsibility, either by mutual consent or the sack. Chelsea done it with Frank Lampard and they still won the CL.
I'm sure things would have been different for all concerned if they had been more decisive when they needed to be.

I'm actually now wondering why he has chosen to come out and say this now?
Why not just maintain a dignified silence? He would have eventually been forgiven. Most of us have drawn a line under a disastrous Season and were putting the blame on an incompetent Board. The general feeling being before the Dubai debacle the signs were there and for whatever reason it just wasn't working for NL, not everyone was blaming him personally. There seemed to be unrest in the camp and it was showing on the pitch.
That was the time for him to be relieved of the responsibility, either by mutual consent or the sack. Chelsea done it with Frank Lampard and they still won the CL.
I'm sure things would have been different for all concerned if they had been more decisive when they needed to be.
Fair comment BB, but you know what they say about hindsight. I can't use the word " forgiven' as it implies it was ALL Lenny's doing. It wasn't.

I’ll 1st say, Lennon is a club legend, both as a player and as a manager, every player and every manager has their sell by date, he went a year past his sell by date, his tactics and team selection were stale, perhaps his multi million yearly salary was clouding his judgment, I know I’d not want to walk away from that kind of money, if he was a REAL Celtic man and had the club at heart instead of his bank balance he’d have quit well before Xmas, if there were fans in the stadium he would have had no doubt how the majority were thinking, blaming the PAYING customers for not accepting the pish he was serving up is not on, I know he has well documented mental health issues, should have been removed from the managers job for his own good, looked an ill man at the end up......one things for sure....won’t EVER sit in ANY TEAMS dugout again

will always be known as the man that lost the 10......

Fair comment BB, but you know what they say about hindsight. I can't use the word " forgiven' as it implies it was ALL Lenny's doing. It wasn't.
I know what you mean Frank but all I'm saying is eventually, given time, the majority of fans would still remember NL for the things he achieved rather than last Season. By coming out and blaming the fans and praising the board he has tarnished his legacy in the eyes of many.

Back