A simple corner

Goldfinch67

:) On a light-hearted note has there ever been a time in Celtic's history (I certainly can't remember) when we appear to have no one in the team who can consistently take a good corner. We revert to Leigh Griffiths but how many times do we struggle to beat the first defender? Last Sevco game lots of corners but lots of poor deliveries - strange as we have so many talented players. Is it just me who thinks this is an area we need to improve :unsure:

I've been watching since '89 and the only ones who have taken consistently good corners were Lubo and Naka and they never took them all the time anyway ?

It's something we need to sort out... Have also began to appreciate Boyata's threat at set pieces just wish we had a Stillian, Naka or Lubo to whip them in. Leigh can be good but a tad inconsistent.

Senga 50 you have me thinking now maybe it's we do not have the big commanding centre half you require to bury the crosses that do come in. Like to see the big Croatian being given a chance soon. Paul Hartley I can't remember (not sure why) but Barry Robson is a good shout. (y)

It’s something we badly need to improve on as we do get a lot of corners... if celtic by numbers is reading this have you covered the data on our corners mate.?

As an aside... our throw ins are generally pish poor most of the time also

It’s something we badly need to improve on as we do get a lot of corners... if celtic by numbers is reading this have you covered the data on our corners mate.?

As an aside... our throw ins are generally pish poor most of the time also
Our throw ins have been awful as far back as I can remember and that’s back to the 60’s....apart from 1989 :)

I love KT but he takes about 10 minutes to take a throw in :sleep: We do have lots of possession and corners and it would be good to get someone who can panic the opposition with something coming into the box with a bit of menace. (y)

No one meets a corner like Big Billy McNeil. Brendan should be looking through some of the 60s and 70s games to see how Billy rose above everyone to power the ball into the net.

We need to do something as we waste so many corners it must be some sort of record. I thought Lee Griffiths was unlucky today as he did try to score from a corner and it was just a tad too high. However, Boyata looked hungry and not intimidated at corners he was in and around early every one of them but where are the rest of the team? We still hit the first defender too many times....

:) On a light-hearted note has there ever been a time in Celtic's history (I certainly can't remember) when we appear to have no one in the team who can consistently take a good corner. We revert to Leigh Griffiths but how many times do we struggle to beat the first defender? Last Sevco game lots of corners but lots of poor deliveries - strange as we have so many talented players. Is it just me who thinks this is an area we need to improve :unsure:
To be honest its crazy leigh is taking the corners,we play with one up and to have your centre forward taking the corners when he should be in the box looking for knock downs and poaching is bloody daft.

John JJ004 couldn't agree more. We should have someone in that squad capable of whipping a corner in with speed and not hanging like a hot air balloon. Similarly, sad to say, Boyata looks to be the only player determined to get his head on the ball. Lustig is okay if it is front post but they are rarely things of accuracy... :(

Brendan has probably told the players if the ball leaves the deck for more than 3 seconds then their wages will be docked. Hence the reason no one wants to take corners, and when they do they are to busy worrying about said wages being docked to think about beating the 1st man. That will explain the 3 yard side to side passing. "Fuck sake mate hit a long ball!!! Look Tierneys made the run"........"no chance...I've got bills to pay, you hit the long ball!!"

Back