A son, one year on from losing his dad, the Celtic legend Harry Hood

Good article, a credit to his father. I'm glad hes feels in a better place, its healthy to let the emotions out and I'm sure others reading it will take strength from this.
I lost my own father to dementia on Christmas day so my own emotions are still raw. I have 6 siblings and we are all dealing with things differently, some are coping better than others. However we are very close and talking about our emotions and mental health issues is massive in coping with the grief, it undoubtedly is good to talk. There are many organisations available people can talk to privately to help them through mental health issues, you are not alone.

An excellent article. Nicky has obviously been through a lot in the last couple of years but it looks like he has the strength to deal with these hurdles. Yes, the first anniversary is always the worst and trying to cope at this time must be even harder (as an aside, there will be an awful lot of mental anguish for people losing loved ones just now as they are unable to say their goodbyes and have a proper funeral).

His dad was a hell of a player and a nice guy too - although when I met him I did have to ask who he was as I had never seen him totally bald (he took it with great humour).

Take care Nicky and continue to use the love and support available as you need it. 💚

Members online

Back