A story I felt I had to share.

Frank Owen

As some of you wonderful people know, I'm on the beautiful island of Crete with my wife, best pal, and soulmate at the moment. After watching the very special, ( and emotional ) proceedings at Paradise earlier, we thought it would be a good idea to continue the celebrations by booking a table at the best restaurant in Sisi.
While sitting enjoying a truly special evening, a family came and sat at the table next to us. Mother and father with four teenage children. I overheard the father raise his glass in tribute to the bhoys in green and white. I said nothing at the time, but after paying our bill, I walked over to their table, put my hand on my heart, and simply said , Hail Hail . The look on all of their faces will stay with me for a very long time. It's such a truly massive privilege to be part of the Celtic family. If I can quote our very own Sandman.....
Go Away Now.....am away back tae ma sabbatical !

As some of you wonderful people know, I'm on the beautiful island of Crete with my wife, best pal, and soulmate at the moment. After watching the very special, ( and emotional ) proceedings at Paradise earlier, we thought it would be a good idea to continue the celebrations by booking a table at the best restaurant in Sisi.
While sitting enjoying a truly special evening, a family came and sat at the table next to us. Mother and father with four teenage children. I overheard the father raise his glass in tribute to the bhoys in green and white. I said nothing at the time, but after paying our bill, I walked over to their table, put my hand on my heart, and simply said , Hail Hail . The look on all of their faces will stay with me for a very long time. It's such a truly massive privilege to be part of the Celtic family. If I can quote our very own Sandman.....
What does your wife have to say about you taking your best pal and your soul mate with yous on holiday Frank?

Sorry I'm a cheeky bastard! 😜 have a great holiday buddy!

It's nice to find that connection on holiday, especially on such a momentous occasion Frank.

Enjoy your hols pal.

Brilliant Frank
We are everywhere and we are known around the world for our genuine kindness and generosity
We have been looking for a campervan for the past few weeks, there's tons out there, and we're not in a hurry
One listing showed the guys name as Brian, and the spelling of last name was Irish Celtic
We went back and forth with questions about the van, and he mentioned he was moving to Europe
I said for good ?
He replied, Yes my work visa is coming to an end
After a bit more back and forth, he asked if I liked football...I said "Fitba, of course"
Then I said..."I don't usually share my allegiance but you sound like a decent guy and I'm happy becuse my team just won the league"
He came back with..."That's Grand, thought so, because you sound like a good guy"
He used to travel over to watch the Bhoys but life brought him out here for a while, and now he was heading home and was looking forward to watching Celtic again
When I first came here, the very first team I played for were 'The Sons of Erin'
Memory jog for me there
Enjoy your trip Frank, and we'll catch you when you get back

It's great to be a TIM

HH

Members online

Back