A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

So I'll start ( and probably finish) with this news that I've only just come across and this is yesterdays news but still I'm surprised though given what's happening in Ukraine and the Russian sanctions I probably shouldnt be.

Abrahamic is to sell Chelsea.

Premier League chief responds to Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea sale + discusses broadcast contracts in Russia via @OneFootball.

Whilst I'm glad to see the back of another oligarch from football , I'm not convinced that Chelsea supporters will see it the same way given just how much success Chelsea have had in recent times thanks to Abramovich's Petro-dollars.
Hes had enough of being singled out everytime Putin looks in the wrong direction but it should be remembered that Abramovich is one of the original oligarchs that made a fortune on the back of the former USSRs break up and therefore makes him a crook of the highest order.
Only problem here is that he will most definitely be replaced by some oil rich sultan, Saudi prince or even possibly an actual company, like Red Bull for example.
Was reading that it was 2003 Abramovich paid £140 million for Chelsea and since then no other English club has won more trophies than Chelsea.
I would hazard a guess that given Chelsea , ( current champions league holders) earned a measly £143 million from domestic football alone just for taking part and for merit in coming in 4th .
Chelsea will cost significantly more than the £140 million he paid for them 19 years ago.
If players like neymar cost £200 million, plus Chelsea are cl holders and world club cup champions and have an enormous squad that's cost over £1 billion to assemble.
Not many would be in a position to buy them so I expect some Emirate or company to buy them.

The ridiculous amounts of cash on offer to EPL clubs and only counting domestic cash.

"Premier League Prize Money Distribution & Breakdown 2021/22" https://sillyseason.com/money/premier-league-prize-money-100681/

If you scroll down the page you'll find a break down table of domestic cash earned season 19/20.
Norwich finished 20th and plum last from 20 clubs yet pocketed £96.5 million for their achievement of coming last , the other 2 relegated clubs Watford and Bournemouth both cleared £100 million each.
Some wonder why championship clubs can outbid us for a player as well .

So I'll start ( and probably finish) with this news that I've only just come across and this is yesterdays news but still I'm surprised though given what's happening in Ukraine and the Russian sanctions I probably shouldnt be.

Premier League chief responds to Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea sale + discusses broadcast contracts in Russia via @OneFootball.

Whilst I'm glad to see the back of another oligarch from football , I'm not convinced that Chelsea supporters will see it the same way given just how much success Chelsea have had in recent times thanks to Abramovich's Petro-dollars.
Hes had enough of being singled out everytime Putin looks in the wrong direction but it should be remembered that Abramovich is one of the original oligarchs that made a fortune on the back of the former USSRs break up and therefore makes him a crook of the highest order.
Only problem here is that he will most definitely be replaced by some oil rich sultan, Saudi prince or even possibly an actual company, like Red Bull for example.
Was reading that it was 2003 Abramovich paid £140 million for Chelsea and since then no other English club has won more trophies than Chelsea.
I would hazard a guess that given Chelsea , ( current champions league holders) earned a measly £143 million from domestic football alone just for taking part and for merit in coming in 4th .
Chelsea will cost significantly more than the £140 million he paid for them 19 years ago.
If players like neymar cost £200 million, plus Chelsea are cl holders and world club cup champions and have an enormous squad that's cost over £1 billion to assemble.
Not many would be in a position to buy them so I expect some Emirate or company to buy them.

The ridiculous amounts of cash on offer to EPL clubs and only counting domestic cash.

"Premier League Prize Money Distribution & Breakdown 2021/22" https://sillyseason.com/money/premier-league-prize-money-100681/

If you scroll down the page you'll find a break down table of domestic cash earned season 19/20.
Norwich finished 20th and plum last from 20 clubs yet pocketed £96.5 million for their achievement of coming last , the other 2 relegated clubs Watford and Bournemouth both cleared £100 million each.
IMHO…too much is made of billionaires bringing success to football clubs.
If you’ve got 200 billion in the bank and prepared to spend 10% of that on a club, its virtually impossible not to be successful.
Big Jock and the team of 67…now thats what you call success.
Built out of nothing for virtually nothing, all local to 30 miles and reached the pinnacle of European football.
That should be lauded as one of, if not THE single greatest achievement in the entire history of the competition.
Not crooked billionaires building teams with stolen laundered cash.
Get them all to feck out of football and return it to some kind of normality, it was getting bad enough with SKY putting silly money into EPL coverage but since these clowns came along its just lost the plot completely.

If you’ve got 200 billion in the bank and prepared to spend 10% of that on a club, its virtually impossible not to be successful.
Tell that to PSG fans in pursuit of champions league glory
That should be lauded as one of, if not THE single greatest achievement in the entire history of the competition.
Actually B4L I believe it is lauded as amongst the greatest achievements ever and not just by us .
We werent only the first UK side to win it but also the first northern hemisphere club to manage it also.
When you see the truly gross amounts of money EPL clubs are taking in seasonally youd think they should be untouchable in the cl.
I've always believed that transfer budgets and wages should be capped anyway.
Unfair sporting advantage and that would affect us here domestically but also bring us back in line with clubs who's supporters believe that because they have more money than us they are a bigger club than us.
Only when you inform the likes of Bournemouth and QPR that both their stadiums combined is getting close to half of what ours is do they start to get it. Then shout but weve got more money! No you dont your club has you're as skint as the rest of us dumbfk 😀

I believe the huns were going to bombard Mr Abramovich to buy their club now that he has put Chelski up for sale, but someone said his first name was Roman so they abandoned that idea 😏😏

I believe the huns were going to bombard Mr Abramovich to buy their club now that he has put Chelski up for sale, but someone said his first name was Roman so they abandoned that idea 😏😏
Just wondering how this sale would go down actually.
If the sanctions against him are so he cannot earn or get to any of his wealth here on mainland UK, that apply to the club as well then for if Chelski are successful again this season then so is he.
What happens to that cash I wonder.
How would he sell the club?
Would govt interfere?
If he chose to sell up whilst in the Bahamas and the paperwork went through there or some other tax haven would UK govt have any power to interfere?
Pretty confusing.

Just wondering how this sale would go down actually.
If the sanctions against him are so he cannot earn or get to any of his wealth here on mainland UK, that apply to the club as well then for if Chelski are successful again this season then so is he.
What happens to that cash I wonder.
How would he sell the club?
Would govt interfere?
If he chose to sell up whilst in the Bahamas and the paperwork went through there or some other tax haven would UK govt have any power to interfere?
Pretty confusing.
I think the bit about the profits from any sale going to the Ukrainian refugees would halt the Government people from trying to stop it for fear of the bad publicity that would come their way.

On my morning trawl around reddit, I found many many things of interest, unfortunately most of them weren't appropriate for a football forum
👀😱👀😳

I did find this & my initial response WTF?

Yet more competitive matches. Plus the introduction of the Nations League means there are no more international friendlies either, so just piling more and more competitive matches onto the players, with very little break. It will just lead to more physical & mental burn-out and more niggly injuries to the best players, resulting in a drop-off of playing standard. It is ridiculous and based around pure greed of the authorities, owners/shareholders, tv companies, etc, rather than what is best for the game.

After they have fulfilled the contractually obliged number of seasons with this format then they will say it isn't quite working and then split it into a two tiered league system. Hey presto - a European Super League in through the back door!

On my morning trawl around reddit, I found many many things of interest, unfortunately most of them weren't appropriate for a football forum
👀😱👀😳

I did find this & my initial response WTF?

I would still love to return to the old fashioned way, u draw ur opposition, u play them home n away, best team goes thru.
The underdogs will always have a shout , but of course, that is why it was done away with, personally I am sick to death of the same half a doz clubs disputing the CL final year in year out….boring as feck.

I would still love to return to the old fashioned way, u draw ur opposition, u play them home n away, best team goes thru.
The underdogs will always have a shout , but of course, that is why it was done away with, personally I am sick to death of the same half a doz clubs disputing the CL final year in year out….boring as feck.
Aye the good old days eh 😍but this league system instead of groups just at a glance looks orite what say the more knowledgeable?? Is this gonny be better the the groups???

Yet more competitive matches. Plus the introduction of the Nations League means there are no more international friendlies either, so just piling more and more competitive matches onto the players, with very little break. It will just lead to more physical & mental burn-out and more niggly injuries to the best players, resulting in a drop-off of playing standard. It is ridiculous and based around pure greed of the authorities, owners/shareholders, tv companies, etc, rather than what is best for the game.

After they have fulfilled the contractually obliged number of seasons with this format then they will say it isn't quite working and then split it into a two tiered league system. Hey presto - a European Super League in through the back door!
Look for squad sizes to be increased and the 5 sub rule staying in place for this starting.

Members online

Latest posts

Back