A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

The more I see of Johnstone, the more I like. He comes across well in interviews as If he has sussed the media out already 👍
in one of the interviews when he arrived he was asked what he hoped to achieve at Celtic, he replied “ another five year contract” 😂😂

100 years ago today, Jimmy McGrory made his debut for Celtic, replacing the injured Patsy Gallacher. He would go on to become a legend scoring more goals for us than anyone will ever manage and without a doubt one of our greatest ever players.

The more I see of Johnstone, the more I like. He comes across well in interviews as If he has sussed the media out already 👍
in one of the interviews when he arrived he was asked what he hoped to achieve at Celtic, he replied “ another five year contract” 😂😂
He has a super confidence about him and its translates into his game on the field.
I'd bet he's very easy to work with and easy to manage.

He has a super confidence about him and its translates into his game on the field.
I'd bet he's very easy to work with and easy to manage.
Johnston is a big, strong lad with great attitude, skill and intelligence. On top of that his Mam is Irish, from Newtownards in County Down. That is significant in that there wouldn't be many if any Celtic supporters in Newtownards.

Johnston is a big, strong lad with great attitude, skill and intelligence. On top of that his Mam is Irish, from Newtownards in County Down. That is significant in that there wouldn't be many if any Celtic supporters in Newtownards.
Newtonards is where Mrs winter ( summer) is from originally.
She remembers that she lived on a small mostly catholic estate.

She made me laugh when she recalled as a child her confusion when she saw the young catholic kids dressed in wedding dresses for first holy communion 😂

Watching Davie Moyes talking about what he has achieved with west ham in recent times, and hes right, probably been the best manager they've had for a long time.

Only problem is that isnt happening this season and that's all that matters.

Back in the relegation zone and play fellow strugglers Everton.
That Moyes feels its necessary to remind people doesnt come across well.

I hope he can lift them again, only 2pts between 13th and 20th.

It's good to see arsenal, liverpool, Brentford managers all saying that the money Chelsea have spent on Mudryk is obscene ( words to that effect).

Klopp said Chelsea solve their problems differently 😅
I don't remember any of the English media or EPL managers moaning when Man City spunked £100m on Jack Grealish. Personally I'd rather have Mudryk for £12m less than Grealish, as I think he contributes more to the side, and you don't have pay the ridiculous "Englisg premium" like you do for their latest wonderkids (irrespective as to their previous nationality).

Of course the transfer fees and wages in football are obscene but this is noyhing new and these lot only choose to get on thrir high horses when it suits their agendas.

Burns Nicht ......... Tommy twists, Tommy turns, Tommy Burns

Celtic Park stands quiet
While the nets sway in a breeze,
As the spirit of Brother Walfrid
Embraces the faithful's tears
Tommy Burns was proud to wear
The famous hoops of green & white.
He battled for his faith and Celtic's cause,
On the pitch at Paradise.
A left foot with immaculate talent,
Committed to Celtic on the pitch.
His prayers, as a boy, were answered
When he wore Celtic's green & white strip.
Now, as Parkhead mourns the passing
Of a faithful Celtic son,
We will remember in song and story
A Calton bhoy, called Tommy Burns.
In the sky over Parkhead
Shall shine bright, a heavenly star,
For the soul of Tommy Burns
Shall live forever at Celtic Park.

Interesting news ( not that interesting to be fair) but Saint Rod Stewart 😉 has called on the torys to step back and give labour a chance such is their ineptitude in government.

Makes me wonder, is Rod saying this because he genuinely believes that or is he trying to get in the good, no better books with the Celtic support who've been saying that forever?

He's so minted does it matter to him who's in power? 🤷‍♂️

Ross County 3up v killie, St mirren 1up v Motherwell means 9th, 10th, 11th&12th ,
Motherwell, Dundee utd, Ross County, Motherwell all tied on 20pts at the bottom of the table

Back