A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Aye, football subscriptions are fuckin expensive, I saved myself a fortune when I stopped paying for Sky & BT, got mysel a decent VPN. Same way I refuse tae pay a TV licence, stopped paying it in 2000.

Had the TV licence mob at the door twice, just give them a lecture about the BBC being propaganda for Labour or Tories both of which I detest, plus I stream TV & have the option too exclude the fuckin BBC now fcuk off.

I see hesgoals have been warned about broadcasting EPL, UEFA games due to copyright infringement. 😡🤬😡

The next time anyone (usually English) goes on about the unique achievement of Man Utd in 1999 or what Liverpool are trying to do this season, just point them in the direction of UEFA's official website.

Ah, but Celtic's achievement in 1967 doesn't count because they are in a Mickey Mouse league and are not one of the main European footballing countries! That may be true these days, but not back then when we actually had that amazing season. We competed against the club (or was it holding company???) who narrowly lost the final of the second biggest European Tournament in extra time (they also competed in the 5th tournament that we also won that same season).

Not only that, but also in these domestic competitions were Kilmarnock who got to the semi-final of the Inter-Cities Fair Cup that season, Dundee United who defeated the mighty Barcelona both home and away plus Dunfermline who unluckily went out on away goals to the eventual winners Dinamo Zagreb in the same competition. Hearts, Hibs, Partick Thistle, Clyde, Aberdeen & Dundee were also decent sides back then so it wasn't a two horse race as people usually think of these days.

Also just 6 weeks before that glorious day in Lisbon, the Scottish national side humiliated the current World Champions in their own back yard. Only 4 of the soon-to-be Lions were deemed good enough to be picked for Scotland that day.

We are slowly but surely returning to the days of virtually zero football on council telly.
I remember the joy when you seen the TV Times or the telly page in the paper and there was a game of football scheduled…you didny give a monkeys who was playing, it was a live game ffs 😄 woohooo.
Its all cold hard cash now, and as football continues to eat itself alive, costs will just keep going up and up and up, until it all comes tumbling down, for it sur
Exactly the same thing happened to basket ball in the states 👍

The next time anyone (usually English) goes on about the unique achievement of Man Utd in 1999 or what Liverpool are trying to do this season, just point them in the direction of UEFA's official website.

Ah, but Celtic's achievement in 1967 doesn't count because they are in a Mickey Mouse league and are not one of the main European footballing countries! That may be true these days, but not back then when we actually had that amazing season. We competed against the club (or was it holding company???) who narrowly lost the final of the second biggest European Tournament in extra time (they also competed in the 5th tournament that we also won that same season).

Not only that, but also in these domestic competitions were Kilmarnock who got to the semi-final of the Inter-Cities Fair Cup that season, Dundee United who defeated the mighty Barcelona both home and away plus Dunfermline who unluckily went out on away goals to the eventual winners Dinamo Zagreb in the same competition. Hearts, Hibs, Partick Thistle, Clyde, Aberdeen & Dundee were also decent sides back then so it wasn't a two horse race as people usually think of these days.

Also just 6 weeks before that glorious day in Lisbon, the Scottish national side humiliated the current World Champions in their own back yard. Only 4 of the soon-to-be Lions were deemed good enough to be picked for Scotland that day.

disnae count sevco wurny init

I’m sure that season the SFA fc played three home internationals and only four of the lions side made the squad and two used ? I think half the squad and playing side came from The Dead Club

I was just reading today about Jock Steins early adventures in Europe with Dunfermline. ( Jock Stein byArchie McPherson).
A Greek team pulled out the Fairs Cup ( 1961-62 season) and Dunfermline were invited to take their place. Big Jock knocked out Everton, who were called The Bank of England team after spending £250000 on players. The winners would play Valencia or Celtic.
Dunfermline next played Valencia and were hammered 4-0 in Spain. In the return game Big Jock supposedly intimidated the officials into ruling East End Park playable even though the pitch was frozen rock hard. Dunfermline won 6-2 making it 6-6.
This was before the away goals rule. Big Jock had to take Dunfermline to LISBON for a play off. Valencia won 1-0. Only 1000 people turned up for the play off. Dunfermline got £3- 10s. A financial disaster for them. Valencia went onto win the competition.

Last edited:

Pass it on.....there’s a team fae Govan who falsely claim to be the world record holders for trophies won, who are in reality deid.....lurking Huns GIRFUY...

Foster trying to actually physically attack an 18yr old fan as he was substituted, airbrushed out of all BBC reports.
Absolutely no doubt the same man will sit shamelessly on TV giving opinion on the weekends games.
Just exactly WTF is wrong with the game up here?
Why is behaviour like that condoned?
I cannot even begin to imagine, if that had been an ex Celtic never mind current Celtic player, what the media response would be.
Wall to wall headlines written in big for a month till they were sacked would certainly be top of the list, not that Im saying Foster should be sacked, but surely to christ he needs to be held to account by somebody for his actions?
Surely this shouldn’t just be completely ignored just because its a face they use and a voice that offers up the opinions they crave?
What a complete shitshow our media are🤡😡

Foster trying to actually physically attack an 18yr old fan as he was substituted, airbrushed out of all BBC reports.
Absolutely no doubt the same man will sit shamelessly on TV giving opinion on the weekends games.
I cannot even begin to imagine, if that had been an ex Celtic never mind current Celtic player, what the media response would be.
Wall to wall headlines written in big for a month till they were sacked would certainly be top of the list, not that Im saying Foster should be sacked, but surely to christ he needs to be held to account by somebody for his actions?
Surely this shouldn’t just be completely ignored just because its a face they use and a voice that offers up the opinions they crave?
The poor mans Eric Cantona eh, fukin diddy, now knowing one or two Thistle fans I can understand the desire to slap them about the heed, but to pick on a teenager, well thats just typical behaviour of the Scottish hun.

And if the BBC are willing to cover up the Jimmy Saville scandal amongst others, then a wee non entity like him would be easy for them to ignore.

I’m just surprised the 18 year old didnae gie the fanny a kicken, fecken wee fud, “hud me back, hud me back….somebody gone please hud me back” 👜🥊 an yir birds a shite singer🤣🤣

I see Barbour and several others walked out on a comedian at an awards ceremony because the poor wee things were offended by some non pc words he used trying to raise a laugh.
Don’t recollect the virtue signalling woke snowflake ever walking out of Ibroke’s when they are up to their necks in fenian blood or any other of the lovely ditty’s they enjoy singing.
Honestly, I wish these folk would either find the baws to take a stand rather than picking on one wee guy telling jokes…giz me the boak so it does.

Back