A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

I'd never blame the players for wanting best money , glamour and prestige of signing for these clubs I often wonder what they're told when they do though.
Welcome to man city , you'll go out on loan to whoever see if you're any good so we can sell you at a profit later cos you'll never play for us but get paid a packet?
Aye clubs outwith Glasgow clubs should get better value for their players
Its hard to argue when they get offered life changing sums at a young age but what I think is missing from most is the mental attitude and commitment to actually want to be successful in the game, for most once the cash is there that seems to be enough for them, look at the likes of Messi, at Barca from a cery young age, always well looked after financially, secure for life, all the talent in the world…but he wanted it, he wanted it bad…that just seems to be lacking in most.

I've been missing our Spherical Planet's hilarious posts recently, but it all became clear why he has been MIA. Kate Bush has made it to number 1 in the hit parade (as I think youngsters call it) so he is all excited waiting for this Thursday's Top of the Pops for a screening of her pop video. We all kbow his great admiration of the Bush - particularly when it is of the 1980s variety!

Take care, pal. And keep on Running Up That Hill(toon).

Kate Bush, running up a hill with a lambeg drum from the Sandy Row and her Ma an Irish dancer from Waterford :unsure: ☮️🇮🇪🎵🥁☔🚸

Did they really find a way around FFP or did UEFA just cave?
Think both ignored UEFA because with thier cash backing could have tied them up in the court’s for years something UEFA would be aware of that plus the amount of money it would cost dont think they will go in that direction until are forced todo so,the teams with big money backers are ruling football to thier own ends Money talks and in this case very loudly, when you have clubs paying one mill a week they have no problem attracting players in the end it will destroy football if it’s not stopped at present can’t see it taking place

Last edited:
Think both ignored UEFA because with thier cash backing could have tied them up in the court’s for year something UEFA would that be aware of plus the amount of money it would cost dont think they will go in that direction until are forced todo so,the teams with big money backers are ruling football to thier own ends Money talks and in this case very loudly, when you have clubs paying one mill a week they have no problem attracting players in the end it will destroy football if it’s not stopped at present can’t see it taking place
Don’t forget skys grubby paws in this rich man’s domination of football 😡

They are pathetic. Much as I dislike how PSG, Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea, etc are/were funded La Liga sides should be the last to complain. Real Madrid had massive debts (over €0.5 billion I believe) wiped out by a compliant Spanish government & banking system while their country was being bailed out after the credit crunch.

There have also been highly irregular deals cut with the governing bodies which were tantamount to state aid which is illegal.

Barcelona are a financial basket case who have run up over a €1 billion in debt by poaching the best players from other sides weakening them while strengthening themselves with players they couldn't afford (just like Deadco FC).

They have just thrown the toys out of the pram because other sides can now outmuscle them financially, the bunch of sad bassas.
It’s no fair 😡 your sugar daddy has got more coinage than our sugar daddy 😂

Think both ignored UEFA because with thier cash backing could have tied them up in the court’s for year something UEFA would that be aware of plus the amount of money it would cost dont think they will go in that direction until are forced todo so,the teams with big money backers are ruling football to thier own ends Money talks and in this case very loudly, when you have clubs paying one mill a week they have no problem attracting players in the end it will destroy football if it’s not stopped at present can’t see it taking place
100% what you said ☝️

Its hard to argue when they get offered life changing sums at a young age but what I think is missing from most is the mental attitude and commitment to actually want to be successful in the game, for most once the cash is there that seems to be enough for them, look at the likes of Messi, at Barca from a cery young age, always well looked after financially, secure for life, all the talent in the world…but he wanted it, he wanted it bad…that just seems to be lacking in most.
Too many players see it as a job that pays very well rather than a footballing CV, honours list

They are pathetic. Much as I dislike how PSG, Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea, etc are/were funded La Liga sides should be the last to complain. Real Madrid had massive debts (over €0.5 billion I believe) wiped out by a compliant Spanish government & banking system while their country was being bailed out after the credit crunch.

There have also been highly irregular deals cut with the governing bodies which were tantamount to state aid which is illegal.

Barcelona are a financial basket case who have run up over a €1 billion in debt by poaching the best players from other sides weakening them while strengthening themselves with players they couldn't afford (just like Deadco FC).

They have just thrown the toys out of the pram because other sides can now outmuscle them financially, the bunch of sad bassas.
Franco bought Real Madrid's stadium off them, then gave them it back at no cost in the 1950s that's how they bought that great team that won the first 5 European cups, including the final at hampden. I remember it because all us kids were wearing our white (or grey) T shirts pretending we were Gento, Puskas ect only to feel cheated when found out about there financial cheating. Bastards

I watched a documentary at the weekend called Ealu as Eirinn (Escape from Ireland). It’s aboot Carlos de Cueller who was part of the Spanish Armada, He was ship wrecked aff the Sligo Coast. The English in Ireland put a bounty on Spanish sailors. It’s a mad story how he makes it back to Spain via Derry, Coleraine, Edinburgh and Antwerp. It was on BBC Alba and should be on catchup.

With sanctions on all things Russian, I noticed today on the one football app that la liga's Elche have signed Ezequiel Ponce from Spartak Moscow for €5 million.
How does that work?
Thought that Russian clubs were banned from UEFA and FIFA and werent allowed to trade either.
Theres a wee article showing all the done transfers to and from the big 5 leagues , CCV is there at €8 million.
Also noticed slippy has spent north of £70 million though the £350k signing of a sevco 16 year old isnt mentioned 🤔

✍️ Every done deal of the transfer window so far via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Real Madrid have just shelled out €100 million ( about £80 million) for Tchouameni from Monaco theyve got some neck complaining about anybody

Real Madrid have just shelled out €100 million ( about £80 million) for Tchouameni from Monaco theyve got some neck complaining about anybody
Will be far happier winter when these super rich clubs actually fuck off into their own playground in European football.
Taken away the competition as such and totally devalued the CL imo within much of European football and is currently destroying the game to the one I once knew.
Even for ourselves within the CL are only classed as glamour games especially when the only chance of ever winning a European trophy again remains the europa league as such, with the current structure and the money involved these days, and we as supporters tend to get more excited about the money involved than the competition as such, and all for a glorified cup competition at the end of the day, which hardly confirms the best team in Europe either

Champions League is a misnomer too. The CL final in 2019 Liverpool v Tottenham both teams had not won the league for decades, or in Spurs case more than half a century. Champions of nothing.
Teams that do win their league are given qualifiers all over Europe but 4th in Spain, England, Italy etc gets ye into group stages!!! Its a cartel of rich clubs and they have fixed football in their favour. The CL league money all goes to the same clubs season after season, increasing the gap between the CL teams and CL wanna be’s. It’s all wrong I tells ya.
I don’t understand why the Football Associations that make up UEFA allow this to stand. Why don’t they outvote the four or five Associations that benefit from the fixed competitions?

Will be far happier winter when these super rich clubs actually fuck off into their own playground in European football.
Taken away the competition as such and totally devalued the CL imo within much of European football and is currently destroying the game to the one I once knew.
Even for ourselves within the CL are only classed as glamour games especially when the only chance of ever winning a European trophy again remains the europa league as such, with the current structure and the money involved these days, and we as supporters tend to get more excited about the money involved than the competition as such, and all for a glorified cup competition at the end of the day, which hardly confirms the best team in Europe either
Always found it a bit strange why some of our fans get overly excited about this cash windfall because guaranteeing a healthy Celtic financially aside it's not as though we're going to be seeing much of it and if any its players coming in.
Doesnt matter who we draw as all games will be sell outs.
Seen that Motherwell have been drawn against Bala town or Sligo Rovers .
They'll be happy with that draw but the way our provincial clubs have performed in recent years hardly inspires great confidence that they can dispose of either and join Dundee utd in the 3rd qualifying round though I hope so.
Cant remember the last time we had 5 clubs in Europe.
Was looking at who we could be grouped with.
Real Madrid, Liverpool and inter Milan, or ,
Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester city
Either way they're all pub teams from a farmers league so should be piss easy 😬
To drop into the Europe will take some doing but put nothing past a Celtic side in with the best as weve seen before, especially at CP

Champions League is a misnomer too. The CL final in 2019 Liverpool v Tottenham both teams had not won the league for decades, or in Spurs case more than half a century. Champions of nothing.
Teams that do win their league are given qualifiers all over Europe but 4th in Spain, England, Italy etc gets ye into group stages!!! Its a cartel of rich clubs and they have fixed football in their favour. The CL league money all goes to the same clubs season after season, increasing the gap between the CL teams and CL wanna be’s. It’s all wrong I tells ya.
I don’t understand why the Football Associations that make up UEFA allow this to stand. Why don’t they outvote the four or five Associations that benefit from the fixed competitions?
It's a fkn nonsense richybhoy and they won't out vote them cos the separate FAs are given wee goody bag bribes to stfu.
I'm with johnno , let them piss off to their super league and see how the fans enjoy playing and travelling to the same clubs and places.
Have a feeling that will bore them pretty quickly

Franco bought Real Madrid's stadium off them, then gave them it back at no cost in the 1950s that's how they bought that great team that won the first 5 European cups, including the final at hampden. I remember it because all us kids were wearing our white (or grey) T shirts pretending we were Gento, Puskas ect only to feel cheated when found out about there financial cheating. Bastards
I remember reading a few years ago (so the details are a little hazy) that Barcelona originally signed Di Stefano but Real Madrid wanted him so got to him on the boat to Spain and got him to sign a contract for them as well!

The Spanish authorities had to intervene so decided that he should play season about for both teams - of course RM got him for the first season even though he had originally signed for Barca. When it became apparent that he was indeed the greatest player in the world then that agreement was ripped up and Barca was given a small compensation to cover their initial costs and told to remember their place.

I wonder how successful Madrid would have been without Franco's support? I suspect they would not have benefitted so clearly from dodgy refs both domestically and in the fledgling European competition where bribery & corruption was widespread.

Members online

Latest posts

Back