A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Always found it a bit strange why some of our fans get overly excited about this cash windfall because guaranteeing a healthy Celtic financially it's not as though we're going to be seeing much of it and if any its players coming in.
Doesnt matter who we draw as all games will be sell outs.
Seen that Motherwell have been drawn against Bala town or Sligo Rovers .
They'll be happy with that draw but the way our provincial clubs have performed in recent years hardly inspires great confidence that they can dispose of either and join Dundee utd in the 3rd qualifying round though I hope so.
Cant remember the last time we had 5 clubs in Europe.
Was looking at who we could be grouped with.
Real Madrid, Liverpool and inter Milan, or ,
Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester city
Either way they're all pub teams from a farmers league so should be piss easy 😬
To drop into the Europe will take some doing but put nothing past a Celtic side in with the best as weve seen before, especially at CP
Again it's the luck of the draw in European group stages winter, and even that is set up to protect the money rich clubs also.
So the real question is would getting out of a group stage in the CL be seen as a bigger achievement than dropping into the europa league and going far into the competition next season?
I would class going far into a competition that we could actually win, would be a bigger achievement imo, yet to do so would mean coming 3rd in a group, instead of a top 2.
Remains a joke of a competition imo, especially for a club of our reputation for european competition and what we actually bring to the competition as such

Again it's the luck of the draw in European group stages winter, and even that is set up to protect the money rich clubs also.
So the real question is would getting out of a group stage in the CL be seen as a bigger achievement than dropping into the europa league and going far into the competition next season?
I would class going far into a competition that we could actually win, would be a bigger achievement imo, yet to do so would mean coming 3rd in a group, instead of a top 2.
Remains a joke of a competition imo, especially for a club of our reputation for european competition and what we actually bring to the competition as such
Preferably I'd rather we made it through the cl group stages and fuck the EL , that's unlikely unless we get lucky with the draw like old firm f.c.
Should we drop into the EL thatll still be an achievement, both or either would to me.

Preferably I'd rather we made it through the cl group stages and fuck the EL , that's unlikely unless we get lucky with the draw like old firm f.c.
Should we drop into the EL thatll still be an achievement, both or either would to me.
Fair point winter, but only confirms to myself that progress in European competition can still be regarded higher than actually winning a competition nowadays.
Shame on uefa for devaluing there flagship competition to this degree and the idea of making weaker European leagues stronger with the extra money going into them has hardly been a success either, the oppersite has actually happened as such imo.
We currently have a great number of players who should they shine within the CL next season will make the 25M record fee for KT seem like small fry compared to how much there value would soar.
So success in this money racket of a competition could also break up a team we are currently assembling very quickly also.
Without keeping the best part of a team intact then limited success remains in the offering still within European football still imo.
Hate to see us becoming a club like ajex and Dortmund remain, as just feeder clubs for the super rich and all without any real ambition to actually really challenge them as such still.
Hope big changes come along soon within European football, to totally change around the current structure in place with increasing competition than one been dominated by money that is currently in play at the moment.

I see its a 2nd 9IAR for Sevco.
9 consecutive fines from UEFA on ther way to the Europa final…..back home of course, they are allowed to behave as they please without any intervention from the SFA.
What a shower of complicit, 5WA hamstrung tossers we have running our game.

Sevco paying more cash for failing to control thier mugs idiots ect so far after 9/10 fines the have payed out one hundred thousand pounds, they must like paying out money to their creditors the banks EUFA in fact everybody except the face painter Big Mike wringing out every pound He can get ,the value they have put on thier players is a thing of fantasy they must be keeping thier investers happy saying
who they are going to sell and how much they are going to clear debts by selling this one or that one given that they are ripping of thier supporters it all adds up to a very Desperate Club

Sevco paying more cash for failing to control thier mugs idiots ect so far after 9/10 fines the have payed out one hundred thousand pounds, they must like paying out money to their creditors the banks EUFA in fact everybody except the face painter Big Mike wringing out every pound He can get ,the value they have put on thier players is a thing of fantasy they must be keeping thier investers happy saying
who they are going to sell and how much they are going to clear debts by selling this one or that one given that they are ripping of thier supporters it all adds up to a very Desperate Club

Fair point winter, but only confirms to myself that progress in European competition can still be regarded higher than actually winning a competition nowadays.
Shame on uefa for devaluing there flagship competition to this degree and the idea of making weaker European leagues stronger with the extra money going into them has hardly been a success either, the oppersite has actually happened as such imo.
We currently have a great number of players who should they shine within the CL next season will make the 25M record fee for KT seem like small fry compared to how much there value would soar.
So success in this money racket of a competition could also break up a team we are currently assembling very quickly also.
Without keeping the best part of a team intact then limited success remains in the offering still within European football still imo.
Hate to see us becoming a club like ajex and Dortmund remain, as just feeder clubs for the super rich and all without any real ambition to actually really challenge them as such still.
Hope big changes come along soon within European football, to totally change around the current structure in place with increasing competition than one been dominated by money that is currently in play at the moment.
Think you're right on progress in Europe being regarded as a higher yardstick than the domestic but it does depend still on your luck of the draw.
Dortmund are perennial underachievers in Europe but should still have dispatched sevco and were caught cold underestimated a side whod been together for years. They also came up against Leipzig, a side we beat and lyon topped their group.
If we had that kind of luck after 4 years of Ange or his team .... , just kidding we dont do that kind of euro campaign.
We kod 2 EPL clubs, German, Spanish, Portuguese in the older UEFA format but still far tougher route than they had each game , they were lucky to beat alashkert in their first tie.
It can flatter to deceive, obviously they were good enough to make the final but not good enough to be domestic champions and won the Scottish cup a run of 4 or 5 cup wins trophy.
If we have a run deep thatll be true reflection of our progress for the stage were at .
I think theres probably about 20 clubs at least every season who could win the EL.
Had Frankfurt lost the final theyd be out of Europe they finished mid table Bundesliga but had a tougher route just a game less.
Most champions league sides play angeball of a type it will be interesting to see how we hold up especially when southgate's whingeing this is what happens with all out attack ( rubbish deflection as Hungary attacked better).
Get jota over the line and It seems like Ange knows the couple of others that will make us a force and we all crave that again.

Seen that Japan 0 Brazil 1 result where a neymar penalty was the difference between the two sides.
Kyogo says neymar sneakily held him in a headlock , out of refs sight at a corner so no surprise there.
This means neymar is now only 3 goals behind the great pele for goals scored for Brazil. I find that stat stunning as good a player ( I cant stand) that he is , it makes me think that he is helped by the number of international games these days compared to Pele's days.
Also made me look at the stats for this game and they show that Japan more than held their own against Brazil.
Japan will be disappointed no doubt not to have a shot on target but the passes , passes made and possession stats are all pretty positive and show they held their own

Is Kay Burley the worst interviewer on British tv? This is appalling and fair play to the Union Leader who managed to stay civil throughout the haranguing and condescending questioning.

Is Kay Burley the worst interviewer on British tv? This is appalling and fair play to the Union Leader who managed to stay civil throughout the haranguing and condescending questioning.

She an arsehole, that was a car crash interview, absolutely terrible, I’m sure here bosses will have something to say aboot it,
I can’t understand why everyone she interviews doesn’t throw back in her face her covid law/rule breaking…..she shouldn’t be in a job on tv 🤷‍♂💩

She’s a cunt

Can’t stand the woman, hasn’t an original thought in her head, everything she asks is piped down the earpiece….horrible kent..

She is doing what the rest of the compliant media are doing. They are all demonising the RMT for the strike which has nothing to with train drivers wages (90% of whom are in ASLEF) but more about conditions and health and safety issues.

As the rail companies are mainly owned by foreigners you have to wonder why this Tory government gave them a £10b bailout when they already posted profits of £6.5m.

If you want to feel safe when travelling on a train then support this strike.

According to The S(h)un sevco player Kunt is on the radar of Man U who are 2nd favourite to sign him before the fantasy transfer window turns into a candyfloss unicorn.

289181094_1569940926734618_1777750600710793401_n.jpg

Back