A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

A wee while ago I posted that I was in the market inn at the end of the car park of morrisons in Ayr there was a poster up for chick young, hugh keevins and Derek johnstone talking in the pub for about £25+ and replies told me that it was unlikely to have been that pub cos it's a Celtic pub .
Turns out i was part wrong.
Was in there last sunday ( place was deserted) and it's been done up a fair bit.
Barmaid didnt have a clue but an old timer regular told me that I was right about it being in there but wasnt Derek Johnstone was somebody else with those two.
I even tried to find it in some of the earliest posts I've made but too many , and going back a fair while now , I never found it ,still I'm sure I did upload it .
Anyway to those who replied to my post if they can remember it , well yous were right about the market inn being a Celtic pub and BFDJ being an unlikely speaker.
Chick young and Hugh Keevins were though and charging £25+ plus to have a " sporstline " type debate .
Wow that was when I wasnt long joined this forum , almost 4 years ago and it really only feels like 2 years .
Think the pub mightve changed ownership though I'm not certain.
Old guy also said that nowadays it's still a Celtic pub but has a rangers element that never used to be the case, and Ayr are shite and should be an SPFL club as they're a bigger club than some.
I just politely agreed with him as I dont think ayr is any bigger than the support the smaller SPFL clubs have.
I do believe that if they got promotion for one season it would kick-start the clubs potential.
Wish theyd increase the number of clubs top flight here

A wee while ago I posted that I was in the market inn at the end of the car park of morrisons in Ayr there was a poster up for chick young, hugh keevins and Derek johnstone talking in the pub for about £25+ and replies told me that it was unlikely to have been that pub cos it's a Celtic pub .
Turns out i was part wrong.
Was in there last sunday ( place was deserted) and it's been done up a fair bit.
Barmaid didnt have a clue but an old timer regular told me that I was right about it being in there but wasnt Derek Johnstone was somebody else with those two.
I even tried to find it in some of the earliest posts I've made but too many , and going back a fair while now , I never found it ,still I'm sure I did upload it .
Anyway to those who replied to my post if they can remember it , well yous were right about the market inn being a Celtic pub and BFDJ being an unlikely speaker.
Chick young and Hugh Keevins were though and charging £25+ plus to have a " sporstline " type debate .
Wow that was when I wasnt long joined this forum , almost 4 years ago and it really only feels like 2 years .
Think the pub mightve changed ownership though I'm not certain.
Old guy also said that nowadays it's still a Celtic pub but has a rangers element that never used to be the case, and Ayr are shite and should be an SPFL club as they're a bigger club than some.
I just politely agreed with him as I dont think ayr is any bigger than the support the smaller SPFL clubs have.
I do believe that if they got promotion for one season it would kick-start the clubs potential.
Wish theyd increase the number of clubs top flight here
Remember the post Winter, I have travelled on the Celtic bus many times from behind the station and the Market Inn has always,in my memory, been a meeting place.
I cannot recollect any affiliation with the scum but maybe before my time, I’d be surprised if many Celtic fans bought a £25 ticket to listen to Keevins.
Ayr could never afford to get promoted to the Prem, their grounds one of the worst in the country and I think it would cost them far too much to put to standard, poor turnouts as well.

Remember the post Winter, I have travelled on the Celtic bus many times from behind the station and the Market Inn has always,in my memory, been a meeting place.
I cannot recollect any affiliation with the scum but maybe before my time, I’d be surprised if many Celtic fans bought a £25 ticket to listen to Keevins.
Ayr could never afford to get promoted to the Prem, their grounds one of the worst in the country and I think it would cost them far too much to put to standard, poor turnouts as well.
I was so surprised to see it that I took the photie as my jaw was dropping. I'd no idea any of them did this and charged that kind of money, never mind that some folk were paying it.
I'm guessing those who did have gone along for a laugh and the chance to take the piss.
It would be fun to see those two under pressure from a crowd and not a phone call.
I'd bet keevins' know it all attitude would be the first thing to go. His " let me tell you, let me make it clear to you , arrogant bs is brain damage.

Fair point winter, but only confirms to myself that progress in European competition can still be regarded higher than actually winning a competition nowadays.
Shame on uefa for devaluing there flagship competition to this degree and the idea of making weaker European leagues stronger with the extra money going into them has hardly been a success either, the oppersite has actually happened as such imo.
We currently have a great number of players who should they shine within the CL next season will make the 25M record fee for KT seem like small fry compared to how much there value would soar.
So success in this money racket of a competition could also break up a team we are currently assembling very quickly also.
Without keeping the best part of a team intact then limited success remains in the offering still within European football still imo.
Hate to see us becoming a club like ajex and Dortmund remain, as just feeder clubs for the super rich and all without any real ambition to actually really challenge them as such still.
Hope big changes come along soon within European football, to totally change around the current structure in place with increasing competition than one been dominated by money that is currently in play at the moment.
No matter what some think, most clubs can be classed as "feeder clubs" Unless you are a club like Man City

No matter what some think, most clubs can be classed as "feeder clubs" Unless you are a club like Man City
Aye , we have been a feeder club for years now as well.
A feeder club to the EPL and now the Bundesliga is hoovering up our kids.
Man city is not a club anymore in my eyes, they are the city group, made up of multiple players and clubs and their fans know it , Newcastle fans are next in line for it, like PSG.
These are oil rich country owned toy things , football manager in real life for the super rich Arab Emirates and others.
Get a lot of joy from mike Ashley's hunskelkping but it doesnt hide the fact the guys an absolute cunt , and selling newcastle to them when really all that club needed was the right people , and a proper investment strategy.
Newcastle is a huge big 1 city club and takes in huge profits, just for surviving.
Has one of the biggest football stadiums and average supports in the UK.
Ashley invested some of that sky cash but not much and in the wrong way , top to bottom approach is a quick fix.
I loved seeing clubs like Sheriff Tiraspol shock Real Madrid and clubs like young boys, sporting Lisbon, porto showed well ajax and benfica did especially well in the group stages.
In the round of 16 though those sides were all thumped and unfortunately Ajax drew Benfica ( a shame would like to have seen them kept apart) .
Man city 5-0 v sporting , Bayern 7 -1 Salzburg in that round shows the gap between football club's and football groups, yes red bullis a group but they're really in it to fund their two team F1 ventures and buy and sell for profit , for now at least.
Villareal kod Juventus was an upset but not a huge one given the resources available to Villarreal.
The quarters had all the usual suspects with, Benfica and Villarreal being the two surprise sides and really it's only Benfica that was the surprise side in the last 8 as they have nothing like the money La Liga clubs have access to.
2 EPL clubs and 2 La liga clubs in the semis , what a surprise.
Fine attempts by Benfica and Ajax last season and we have a huge gap to them financially.
If managed correctly and everything's done properly, planned and executed professionally, added to the wee bit of luck all winners must get, we have the resources to do something in Europe.
Weve seen and done it, even watched old and newco go the distance
Some media oulets/platforms have been derisive about the conference league but it's a great idea.
A truer version of European football in my eyes.
Roma, won it despite a thumping twice from bodo/glimt and Roma fans are ecstatic with their first and only European trophy since 1960/61 inter cities fairs cup.
First italian European club honour at all since Mourinhos inter beat Bayern in 2010 is quite surprising and again shows the stranglehold Spanish, English and German clubs have at the top.
The Cup Winners Cup should never have been taken away , it deprived clubs of European football and the money that comes with it .
Conference cash on offer to the likes of Hearts ( now guaranteed conference group stage should they fail in EL qualifying is huge) £2.5 million just for being in the group stages.

Scroll down and see how much clubs can get.
Was also a buzz ( to me) to see Mourinho and hear his mouth again.
That is five European finals at Porto, Internazionale, Manchester United and Roma since 2003 that Mourinho has coached in and five times he has taken home the trophy. The win also makes him the only coach in European history to have won the Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Super Cup and, now, the Conference League. He reminded everyone 🤣 brilliant

Aye , we have been a feeder club for years now as well.
A feeder club to the EPL and now the Bundesliga is hoovering up our kids.
Man city is not a club anymore in my eyes, they are the city group, made up of multiple players and clubs and their fans know it , Newcastle fans are next in line for it, like PSG.
These are oil rich country owned toy things , football manager in real life for the super rich Arab Emirates and others.
Get a lot of joy from mike Ashley's hunskelkping but it doesnt hide the fact the guys an absolute cunt , and selling newcastle to them when really all that club needed was the right people , and a proper investment strategy.
Newcastle is a huge big 1 city club and takes in huge profits, just for surviving.
Has one of the biggest football stadiums and average supports in the UK.
Ashley invested some of that sky cash but not much and in the wrong way , top to bottom approach is a quick fix.
I loved seeing clubs like Sheriff Tiraspol shock Real Madrid and clubs like young boys, sporting Lisbon, porto showed well ajax and benfica did especially well in the group stages.
In the round of 16 though those sides were all thumped and unfortunately Ajax drew Benfica ( a shame would like to have seen them kept apart) .
Man city 5-0 v sporting , Bayern 7 -1 Salzburg in that round shows the gap between football club's and football groups, yes red bullis a group but they're really in it to fund their two team F1 ventures and buy and sell for profit , for now at least.
Villareal kod Juventus was an upset but not a huge one given the resources available to Villarreal.
The quarters had all the usual suspects with, Benfica and Villarreal being the two surprise sides and really it's only Benfica that was the surprise side in the last 8 as they have nothing like the money La Liga clubs have access to.
2 EPL clubs and 2 La liga clubs in the semis , what a surprise.
Fine attempts by Benfica and Ajax last season and we have a huge gap to them financially.
If managed correctly and everything's done properly, planned and executed professionally, added to the wee bit of luck all winners must get, we have the resources to do something in Europe.
Weve seen and done it, even watched old and newco go the distance
Some media oulets/platforms have been derisive about the conference league but it's a great idea.
A truer version of European football in my eyes.
Roma, won it despite a thumping twice from bodo/glimt and Roma fans are ecstatic with their first and only European trophy since 1960/61 inter cities fairs cup.
First italian European club honour at all since Mourinhos inter beat Bayern in 2010 is quite surprising and again shows the stranglehold Spanish, English and German clubs have at the top.
The Cup Winners Cup should never have been taken away , it deprived clubs of European football and the money that comes with it .
Conference cash on offer to the likes of Hearts ( now guaranteed conference group stage should they fail in EL qualifying is huge) £2.5 million just for being in the group stages.

Scroll down and see how much clubs can get.
Was also a buzz ( to me) to see Mourinho and hear his mouth again.
That is five European finals at Porto, Internazionale, Manchester United and Roma since 2003 that Mourinho has coached in and five times he has taken home the trophy. The win also makes him the only coach in European history to have won the Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Super Cup and, now, the Conference League. He reminded everyone 🤣 brilliant
I read about 3 quarters of it and thought go for it.. then realised I'm pissed and taken me about 15 mins to type this🤣🤣🤣

I read about 3 quarters of it and thought go for it.. then realised I'm pissed and taken me about 15 mins to type this🤣🤣🤣
Pissed? Oan a Thursday night? Ffs steviebhoy whits the matter way ye?
I just assumed Thursdays wiz everybody's stoned oot yer heid night and type novels wi paragraphs like me 📝📝📝😁
Pished Friday, Saturday, Sunday to keep a healthy balance though ⚖

P.s great effort to read my book 😜

Have read the rumours of today as well , hope they're true obviously.
Getting jota on our books would be a fantastic transfer.
Watching highlights of last seasons goals his range of passing is inch perfect when hes on it.
We're still very early into the window and if the 3 deals go through today we are looking at a completely different approach to the season by the board, h backing Ange with money I cant remember the last time the manager was so heavily backed, MON?
The statement released ' stock exchange update" is positive as well .
Would that be referring to the sales of Edouard and Ajer?
Fingers crossed for today 🤞🏻 hopefully the club is stepping up and using some of the huge profits weve made.
Match the gaffers ambitious.
The sun's shining outside, good start HH

Have read the rumours of today as well , hope they're true obviously.
Getting jota on our books would be a fantastic transfer.
Watching highlights of last seasons goals his range of passing is inch perfect when hes on it.
We're still very early into the window and if the 3 deals go through today we are looking at a completely different approach to the season by the board, h backing Ange with money I cant remember the last time the manager was so heavily backed, MON?
The statement released ' stock exchange update" is positive as well .
Would that be referring to the sales of Edouard and Ajer?
Fingers crossed for today 🤞🏻 hopefully the club is stepping up and using some of the huge profits weve made.
Match the gaffers ambitious.
The sun's shining outside, good start HH
I'm assuming the stock exchange update will be bonuses for Christie being promoted and maybe Ajer not being relegated?

Members online

Latest posts

Back