A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Watching Haalands incredible 5 goals against Leipzig the tie was over and Guardiola signalled for a substitution on the customary 60 min mark.

I was fascinated because the camera cut to De Bruyne and Haaland stood together watching for which number would go up.

This coming on the back of Guardiola saying in the press the other day that De Bruyne must " focus on easy principles" to get back to his best , which he was in last nights game , outstanding.

Was interpreted by many " experts " as a bit of a call out on De Bruyne bit it worked anyway so we saw Haaland and De Bruyne both talking mouth covered with hands says something and De Bruyne pulls a face 🙄 like that and says " yuyeeeahh 🙄" .

It was funny and Haaland was gutted but reacted professionally and was over it quickly but he had 30 minutes left to become the first player to ever score two hat-tricks in a champions league match

Only Luiz Adriano and Messi have ever scored 5 and Haalands is the quickest and youngest.

Guardiola said after the game that he substituted Haaland off because he wanted to make sure he still had at least one target still to chase this season 😅

Japanese squad just announced for the upcoming internationals, nae place fur hatate or kyogo, undecided if that’s a good thing for us or a bad thing for the players, will they want a move away to catch the managers eye🤷‍♂️
On another interesting note there’s still quite a few players listed that still play in Japan that possibly would be open to a move especially up front, in defence and goalkeepers 👍

2C484903-589F-448A-8A1A-21A239DB042F.jpeg

Japanese squad just announced for the upcoming internationals, nae place fur hatate or kyogo, undecided if that’s a good thing for us or a bad thing for the players, will they want a move away to catch the managers eye🤷‍♂️
On another interesting note there’s still quite a few players listed that still play in Japan that possibly would be open to a move especially up front, in defence and goalkeepers 👍
Looks like he's a big fan of the German League though. Having said that I think he's making a mistake, again. Both Kyogo and Hatate are on top form atm.

Looks like he's a big fan of the German League though. Having said that I think he's making a mistake, again. Both Kyogo and Hatate are on top form atm.
Given the character of our Japanese players I don't think any of them will resent international opportunities going to their peers. Japan like Celtic has a talented group of players and not everyone gets game time. From a purely selfish standpoint I'm glad only 1 of our players is facing the risk of injury not in the service of Celtic.

Given the character of our Japanese players I don't think any of them will resent international opportunities going to their peers. Japan like Celtic has a talented group of players and not everyone gets game time. From a purely selfish standpoint I'm glad only 1 of our players is facing the risk of injury not in the service of Celtic.
Hatate took being left out of the World cup squad quite badly, refusing to watch the 1st group stage matches as he admitted himself.
Like you I'm happy for them to remain here and avoid injury, long term it means if they want to be in the running for a place in the International team they will be looking to leave us very shortly.
It will deter others from signing for us too but that depends on where our current signings end up.
I think we might lose a couple this summer. This Japanese Manager is doing us no favours.
Hope they lose both games and he gets sacked.

This site imo is an insult to our collective intelligence…..it’s clickbait personified…..but to each their own…
By site are you meaning onefootball app Imatim?

It's not actually their 'story' it belongs to the Transfer Room , links In the article but your right onefootball just collate everything Celtic and all other sides from tinterweb and group it all in one place a bit like what news now do.

I like the app overall but it's really the scores I use it for it's good for getting all scores from every tourney in the world but aye lots of clickbait going round

Last edited:
335941110_5526039917500374_615000452561333186_n.jpg

View attachment 22145
Read about this earlier and the headlines were saying that the manager was having a dig at the level of competition here.

On reading it though I didn't quite see that, in the article it said that of course Hatate and Kyogo could easily contribute to the national side but this being 2 friendlies wanted a look at some new players.

It would be pretty ironic to slate our league whilst selecting your world cup scoring no1 striker Maeda from the same tournament so I thought a wee bit of stirring going on.

He need only look at how JJ has taken the Bundesliga by storm and scoring in it and the latter stages of the Europa league, if anything he's getting better it seems, certainly scoring more.

Japan are a good side but they will have to pick Hatate and Kyogo at some point because they're not that good they can leave two players of that calibre out

By site are you meaning onefootball app Imatim?

It's not actually their 'story' it belongs to the Transfer Room , links In the article but your right onefootball just collate everything Celtic and all other sides from tinterweb and group it all in one place a bit like what news now do.

I like the app overall but it's really the scores I use it for it's good for getting all scores from every tourney in the world but aye lots of clickbait going round

I'm not for any sites that promote anti Celtic clickbait.....they really are an insult to our collective intelligence.

They are out to harm and undermine our Club at every opportunity, and make money while they do it. It's madness imo for any Celtic minded person to support such platforms for the reasons given previously.

Better in my view to contribute and link to genuine Celtic sites like this one, which are on the whole informative, prompt debate, and promote a positive Celtic outlook. Makes sense to me...

I'm not for any sites that promote anti Celtic clickbait.....they really are an insult to our collective intelligence.

They are out to harm and undermine our Club at every opportunity, and make money while they do it. It's madness imo for any Celtic minded person to support such platforms for the reasons given previously.

Better in my view to contribute and link to genuine Celtic sites like this one, which are on the whole informative, prompt debate, and promote a positive Celtic outlook. Makes sense to me...
I use the app for my bets get every division worldwide here tables as well h&a tables too.

I get what your saying though
the only times theres been anti-celtic stuff I've seen there is from the 4th Official which is a thinly veiled subtle attack , a separate party app but I just blank them now I know of them and thats few and far between its usually good at providing the right link's.
However the 4th Official masquerades as a page talking only Celtic.

It's a loophole onefootball can't get round yet and the algorithm collects it as a celtic story.

Then the reader sees it and quickly realise this mob are not for us.

The apps algorithm links me to anything Celtic in one place so it links me to Celtic Star and other good Celtic sites just follow Celtic in app and get the latest from the star, everything Celtic, same for Everton, Fleetwood, Crewe, any pro club worldwide so I get whatever the Star puts out here right away linked to my feed and quite a few other good Celtic sites its good for that stuff doesnt link to tabloids either.

Can also watch live fitba through it , Bundesliga, Jupiler pro league, Serie A

Last edited:
Avispa Fukuoka have confirmed that Yosuke Ideguchi will be out for 3 months after suffering a broken ankle. He has managed just 1 start in his loan spell back in Japan. What a bloody shame for the bhoy. He has experienced nothing but bad luck since that Alloa thus was allowed to deliberately crock him in his debut. I wish him well and hope he gets back playing football again as soon as possible.

Clickbait indeed, are they THAT desperate for clicks? Shame on them. I for one, will think twice before using some of these sites again. We expect it from the likes of REACH and hun outlets, but from some claiming to be fans, GTF.

Avispa Fukuoka have confirmed that Yosuke Ideguchi will be out for 3 months after suffering a broken ankle. He has managed just 1 start in his loan spell back in Japan. What a bloody shame for the bhoy. He has experienced nothing but bad luck since that Alloa thus was allowed to deliberately crock him in his debut. I wish him well and hope he gets back playing football again as soon as possible.
Reading your post there BB and the grey matter recieved a wee jolt.

Gucci has been plagued with bad injuries way before he joined Celtic.

I remembered ( through reading your post) that Gucci had been signed by Leeds in his first attempt to break into the European game.
Can't remember if Beilsa signed him but he signed for Leeds from Gamba Osaka for £500,000k and couldn't break through, eventually was loaned to Gruether Furth
Bundesliga II and ruptured the posterior cruciate ligament ruling him out for the season and lost his Japan place as well.

Enough bad luck in there for 3 ideguchi's , how unlucky its like somebody's holding a voodoo doll over him.

When ranger cheated with their EBTs it was fair, at the time, cause everyone could do it....

But it's no fair, according to some in the MSM, that Celtic can use 5 subs.
I didn't realise we were the only team in Scotland that this option was open to.

So far, this week, in the media, we've had them attacking the sport they represent by trying to convince our players they need to leave Scotland to get a call up....and now we are getting stick for having to many good players!!! Isn't that what the media, who report on our sport, should want. Quality players bringing up the level of the game in Scotland?

When ranger cheated with their EBTs it was fair, at the time, cause everyone could do it....

But it's no fair, according to some in the MSM, that Celtic can use 5 subs.
I didn't realise we were the only team in Scotland that this option was open to.
It is a pathetic line of attack on Celtic, but nothing unusual about that. Another way to look at the 5 sub rule is that it should be a massive benefit to the smaller clubs as well. By being able to make more changes means that they can look after their star players better by resting them up more if games are effectively over or if they pick up strains later on in matches. This way they can manage their smaller playing squads much better.

But why bother trying to find anything good when they can use it as an excuse for "oh poor little me" excuses to not have to bother to try anything positive so they can stick to their anti-football park the bus non-tactics!

Back