A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

I'm not sure that nobody cares. It is just the way of modern football. As fans we have just got to adjust our perceptions as to what it means for most of the players who pull on the Hoops on a weekly basis. The vase majority are here to collect a wage - if they get to enjoy some success and pick-up trophies then all the better. But we are undoubtedly seen as a stepping stone to greater riches (as I've said for many years now, I fully expect this to be part of the sales pitch our negotiators use when trying to entice players to Scotland to sign for us).

As long as the player gives their all every time they play for us, and no bitching and throwing tantrums in an attempt to force a sale, then that is all I expect/demand of them. If they do that and play fair by us then I will wish them well. They may only be here for 2, 3 or 4 years, but I'm sure they will still have a lifelong love for the Celtic family after they have moved on - possibly for a much bigger payday than we can afford to give them!

Personally I think it is too early for Abada to move on just yet. I think he needs at least another season to mature and develop before trying his luck in England. I fear that he may fail badly and disappear, whereas a wee bit of patience would give him a much bigger chance of success. But his agent won't earn any money unless he persuades him to move so that is where the conflict arises and they do not care about anything long-term as they try to grab money as and when they can.
Alright I'm prepared to accept that 'who cares ' might not have been the best way to phrase that, what I should've said is who's overly concerned?

Abadas returns for Celtic have been frankly outstanding but I don't think anyone would be overly worried about him leaving.

I won't and I say that knowing how good he's been for us.
He wants to leave and fair enough.

If he wants to go , his agent thinks he's ready then he'll go with my blessing and for a profit.

We've seen better than abada seek pastures new and this a player who rarely starts for us I'm confident we'll survive without him.

Alright I'm prepared to accept that 'who cares ' might not have been the best way to phrase that, what I should've said is who's overly concerned?

Abadas returns for Celtic have been frankly outstanding but I don't think anyone would be overly worried about him leaving.

If he wants to go , his agent thinks he's ready then he'll go with my blessing and for a profit.

We've seen better than abada seek pastures new and this a player who rarely starts for us I'm confident we'll survive without him.
I wouldn't get to worried at a story from the daily rangers who are just trying to unsettle our dressing room. HH

I wouldn't get to worried at a story from the daily rangers who are just trying to unsettle our dressing room. HH
If it was just the rancid pushing it then I wouldn't give it a second thought , it's the fact that his new agent, national manager and former club boss as well as himself " there's things people don't know that's behind it" speaking of his lack of starts.

I think he's been a great servant for us but so was JJ and GG and we're getting by just fine without them.

One thing Ange has installed that was lacking is if players want out then they are out no problem thank you for your efforts good luck.

Something past managers didn't do and it's refreshing to see.

I'd prefer Abada to stay especially given the length of time remaining on his contract , he didn't come cheap and won't leave on the cheap either, it has to suit us.
HH 🍀

If it was just the rancid pushing it then I wouldn't give it a second thought , it's the fact that his new agent, national manager and former club boss as well as himself " there's things people don't know that's behind it" speaking of his lack of starts.

I think he's been a great servant for us but so was JJ and GG and we're getting by just fine without them.

One thing Ange has installed that was lacking is if players want out then they are out no problem thank you for your efforts good luck.

Something past managers didn't do and it's refreshing to see.

I'd prefer Abada to stay especially given the length of time remaining on his contract , he didn't come cheap and won't leave on the cheap either, it has to suit us.
HH 🍀
I like abada, I just hope he doesn't fall into the category of players who vanished into obscurity after they leave Celtic Park.

Eeeeeeeeeh!!!!! Wee slippy has a new job, working as a pundit for the England games on channel 4 , obviously there's a career path from ibrox to punditry , shit ex-player = pundit ,shit ex-manager =pundit

I’ve got a photie of that day with them all…..I was in the presence of some great Celtic men that day, and everyone of them as decent and as humble as you could ever wish to meet…
These are the true value memorabilia in football though, not the Scottish Cup, oldest football trophy in history worth £1 million at valuation.

As impressive as it is the actual trophy itself means little to fans in a tangible sense, the club won it , fantastic champions again.

The story of the fans and the personal investment made by people into something that becomes so important in their lives is so powerful.

Mrs winter for example will watch me read the celtic news on phone then make a celtic bet , predictor, watch game then highlights and she's like really ? How many times?

Still she can see the passion it illicitates in me though I'm sure she'd rather something else did the same.

Other sports as well F1, Boxing, 6 nations, gets the heart pumping too.

But these moments were todays or the days star men take the time to acknowledge their supporters those who've invested a lifetime through good and bad in both measures and stuck by the team through thick and thin.

These are the lifeblood of what we call Celtic, without them there would be no Celtic fact and moments like these mean everything to our supporters.

Meeting the people who get paid vast sums of money for fulfilling our dream fantasy .

It's only right that they give back and they really do at our club always have and often not just for our own causes.

Fan media overtaking MSM is another huge breakthrough and quicker, thankfully than I thought it was be.

Been said many times how Ange has brought a new way of thinking and acting as a modern day football club should to Celtic and that's probably likely but the board in trying to get Howe unsuccessfully in the end also showed ambition I'm sure hed have got the same backing but didn't know the markets Ange did players would've cost more or more loans

Whether it's Ange , the club , a combination of both I really like what I'm seeing from Celtic not just on the pitch from how are dealing with matters like supporters, rule queries, transfer management in and out , Ohs taken tim to really show us and bhoy he loved that but of course kyogo in his way but when both are on the pitch.

Sorry I digress back to the OP and got a flash back to getting Tom Macadams autograph on a Ladbrokes bookies slip and pen outside the old ladbrokes right on the corner of bridegton Cross in the early 80s I'm sure.

What you said also about the humility is something inherent in Celtic squads , few exceptions but usually the case

Last edited:

Agree 100% if he goes well replace him more money isn’t a return for trophies and CL football especially if you are in perpetual relegation battles. Abadas a good player who might get better but he’s going to a mid to bottom 4 team if he’s lucky
If it’s Southampton then it’s a dog fight every year and flair players are usually the first on the Teams replacement roster in a fight for survival.
He should stay and develop with Ange become a first pick then then the worlds his Haggis

HH 🍀

I just tried to post it but the files too big apparently.....if you're really interested in seeing it, message me with your email addy and I will send it to you.

That is if you trust me with your email address lol
Do a screenshot of it, crop the crap out of the top, bottom and sides and then post it on here. This is usually a much smaller file size and less than the 1MB/1000kB limit allowed on here.

Latest posts

Back