A Virtual Celtic AGM, is it!

I guess given the current circumstances, we have to give the board the benefit of the doubt regarding the conduction of the AGM.

It isn't ideal and I'm sure that many tough, but necessary, questions may get lost in cyberspace.

It does set the scene for an EGM when restrictions are lifted and it is important for the board to establish contact with shareholders at ground level and eye-to-eye.

I've backed senior members of the board and the executive, mainly due to the concern I have over suitable replacements and their availability. However - it seems that they have yet to realise that Celtic does not solely belong to them. Celtic and the fans who support Celtic will be here long after they have departed and this should be their opportunity to state their case and ask about the matters that concern them most.

I accept that there are factors outwith our control, but as an act of good faith - the board could do worse than to announce a mid-term AGM in the New Year.

I guess given the current circumstances, we have to give the board the benefit of the doubt regarding the conduction of the AGM.

It isn't ideal and I'm sure that many tough, but necessary, questions may get lost in cyberspace.

It does set the scene for an EGM when restrictions are lifted and it is important for the board to establish contact with shareholders at ground level and eye-to-eye.

I've backed senior members of the board and the executive, mainly due to the concern I have over suitable replacements and their availability. However - it seems that they have yet to realise that Celtic does not solely belong to them. Celtic and the fans who support Celtic will be here long after they have departed and this should be their opportunity to state their case and ask about the matters that concern them most.

I accept that there are factors outwith our control, but as an act of good faith - the board could do worse than to announce a mid-term AGM in the New Year.
Thats a very balanced view, i'll go along with that till potentially the next post changes my mind :)

Last edited:
I take it to be a group/block of shareholders/fans outside the board voted it down ?
I was always on the assumption it lay with the SFA or is that our boards get out
It should have been the SFA that forwarded the argument, Stg. It was their organisation that was repeatedly duped during that era and it was their other member clubs who suffered as a consequence.

It would appear that the current Trump administration in The States took lessons in how to ignore the blatantly obvious directly from the SFA handbook.

In saying that, Celtic had/have an opportunity to hold some feet to the fire here instead of just offering a rough (but relaxing) pedicure.

It should have been the SFA that forwarded the argument, Stg. It was their organisation that was repeatedly duped during that era and it was their other member clubs who suffered as a consequence.

It would appear that the current Trump administration in The States took lessons in how to ignore the blatantly obvious directly from the SFA handbook.

In saying that, Celtic had/have an opportunity to hold some feet to the fire here instead of just offering a rough (but relaxing) pedicure.
I followed everything from EBT/Tax Case through to Five Way but it was time intensive and I had to take a break from it all and change nappies but ...
Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in

Like you SP I gave the Celtic Board the benefit of the doubt on numerous occasions Re Res 12.....but the truth of the matter imo is that in hindsight it is clear to me now that the Celtic Board never had any intention of supporting the Resolutioners in their quest for transparency and justice.....in holding the SFA and those responsible accountable.....for the obvious fraud, deceit and a flagrant disregard for the rules of law.....for Peter Lawwell to say at a Celtic AGM.....it is not in the best interests of the company to pursue Res 12.....when an obvious fraud has been committed which arguably cost our Club tens of millions of pounds.....simply beggars belief.....what our custodians have done by endeavouring to bury Res 12.....is to condone corruption, cheating, fraud and deceit on a massive scale.....when there is clear and concise evidence available on the public record.... that these things have indeed been perpetrated and by whom.

Allowing those unlawful acts to go unchallenged.....has given those responsible.....and those who benefited from it.....a licence to simply do as they please.....which I have no doubt our Club and its Support will pay a heavy price for in the time to come.....I feel betrayed, I really do.

This is not going to end well...

Like you SP I gave the Celtic Board the benefit of the doubt on numerous occasions Re Res 12.....but the truth of the matter imo is that in hindsight it is clear to me now that the Celtic Board never had any intention of supporting the Resolutioners in their quest for transparency and justice.....in holding the SFA and those responsible accountable.....for the obvious fraud, deceit and a flagrant disregard for the rules of law.....for Peter Lawwell to say at a Celtic AGM.....it is not in the best interests of the company to pursue Res 12.....when an obvious fraud has been committed which arguably cost our Club tens of millions of pounds.....simply beggars belief.....what our custodians have done by endeavouring to bury Res 12.....is to condone corruption, cheating, fraud and deceit on a massive scale.....when there is clear and concise evidence available on the public record.... that these things have indeed been perpetrated and by whom.

Allowing those unlawful acts to go unchallenged.....has given those responsible.....and those who benefited from it.....a licence to simply do as they please.....which I have no doubt our Club and its Support will pay a heavy price for in the time to come.....I feel betrayed, I really do.

This is not going to end well...
I have nothing but the utmost respect for your passion, mate - and I fully agree that the hesitancy and lack of killer instinct displayed by the board has given further encouragement to the klan in the southside to continue industrial scale cheating without the fear of oversight or consequence.

The current state of play can be traced back to Celtic's abject failure to (thunk) hammer (thunk) the final (thunk) nails in the (thunk) zombie coffin (thunk thunk thunk thunk).

I would suggest this thread on FF might be a nice thing to read out at AGM on the resolution for the board to respond to

especially message number 40

ironically from moniker "end of days"

I know these cunts will be reading this thread so let me just say - all your time spend on this, all your money spent on this and it was all for absolutely nothing. Once your AGM passes with yet another failure there is nothing else you can do and we will all be pointing and laughing at you.

Have fun at your AGM. :)

I would suggest this thread on FF might be a nice thing to read out at AGM on the resolution for the board to respond to

I know these cunts will be reading this thread so let me just say - all your time spend on this, all your money spent on this and it was all for absolutely nothing. Once your AGM passes with yet another failure there is nothing else you can do and we will all be pointing and laughing at you.

what happened to their demand for transparency at SFA

im sure they wanted it

Yet again I'm conflicted as to whether to laugh or cry at these clowns.

But it would serve the board well to read these comments and set a course for: Operation Hunnihilation.

Dermot appears to be a sensitive soul and if he gets the notion that these fuckers are laughing at him, then it might motivate him to take his thumb oot his arse and do something about it.

lo

But it would serve the board well to read these comments and set a course for: Operation Hunnihilation.

Dermot appears to be a sensitive soul and if he gets the notion that these fuckers are laughing at him, then it might motivate him to take his thumb oot his arse and do something about it.
long shot here, bordering on insanity but when the normans invaded munster they divided it among their aristocracy with the old Norman Fitz gangs

guess what they named one of the kingdoms?

Personally it sticks in my craw that we let it slip by without going the whole hog
But in the meantime, i'd settle for now on winning everything in sight this season and then watching the impending financial implosion over the road as it develops

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Back