A Virtual Celtic AGM, is it!

With covid this i feel has let PL off the hook a bit.
Think it will just be another don't know what you are talking about and never seen these documents, will need to wait and see what the compliance officer wants to do regards these docs you speak of, of course we will write to get extracts of said docs, once a compliance officer is place, and aye that will need to be next year guys. Tea , Biscuits now on sale in the foyer lads and xmas goodies.

It smells. And the smell that I get, is that at least one key figure at Celtic knew exactly what was going on and for whatever reason took no action to protect Celtic from its consequences. Whether through incompetence or deliberate intent the club and its shareholders were financially disadvantaged by this action or lack of. The fans were denied a Champions League campaign and revenues that could have improved the squad. Our board's behaviour on this issue is a total disgrace.This would not have been tolerated by the board of any other club in a major well run league.

We see ourselves as a world class club who have aspirations of joining a top league. Well then, we should be behaving like one and not tolerating cheating and skulduggery, nor condoning by our silence tax evasion schemes, specifically designed to give our competitors an advantage. This is what our board have been doing. It's rotten to the core and puts the standards of our board almost on a par with those who carry out such despicable actions.

Hang your heads in shame Dermot Desmond, Peter Lawell and every director past and present involved in this whitewash.

Well done to you, the Res12 and now Res11 people who have the real interest of Celtic at heart, and are prepared to stand up, be counted and protect our club.
Buiochas duit. HH🍀

He sometimes gets some stick on here but credit where it is due to James Forrest for highlighting the absolute mess of a story fed to the press today about Celtic withdrawing from The Atlantic League. 100% on the money.
I'm disappointed - not in the non-story about us pulling out of the Atlantic League being a squirrel leaked by our board to change the narrative before the AGM - but because there has bèen zero discussions at all to see if this was a possibility.

I personally think a NW Europe Super-League (based around for example Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Anderlecht, Brugge, Gent, Standard Liège, Midtyylland, København, Brøndby, Molde, Rosenborg, Celtic, Rangers, Malmo & AIK) would be a very competitive ratings winner.

It has always looked to me that they have no interest in punishing oldco for their sins or exposing the SFA for their corruption. They seem literally delighted that Newco are back, they are pushing the Old Firm 'myth' under whatever new name given and the dividends and bonuses are back on the menu.
As for the SFA and their brotherhood of brothers, i cannot get my tiny little mind to come up with any other reason not to have pursued this to the full.
Again, was money the issue and not wanting to try negotiate a TV deal on the back of massive governance issues ?
It all comes back to money in my mind, put up with anything at any price for the £

I'm disappointed - not in the non-story about us pulling out of the Atlantic League being a squirrel leaked by our board to change the narrative before the AGM - but because there has bèen zero discussions at all to see if this was a possibility.

I personally think a NW Europe Super-League (based around for example Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Anderlecht, Brugge, Gent, Standard Liège, Midtyylland, København, Brøndby, Molde, Rosenborg, Celtic, Rangers, Malmo & AIK) would be a very competitive ratings winner.
It could be MSM stirring up porridge on its own.

But I hope the res 12 dudes demand clarity from board on many issues related to res 12.

For obscurity and vagueness will potentially create absolute havoc after last years sweeping and weird company statement.

It has always looked to me that they have no interest in punishing oldco for their sins or exposing the SFA for their corruption. They seem literally delighted that Newco are back, they are pushing the Old Firm 'myth' under whatever new name given and the dividends and bonuses are back on the menu.
As for the SFA and their brotherhood of brothers, i cannot get my tiny little mind to come up with any other reason not to have pursued this to the full.
Again, was money the issue and not wanting to try negotiate a TV deal on the back of massive governance issues ?
It all comes back to money in my mind, put up with anything at any price for the £
It could be deeper issues but the vagueness and silence in face of calumny is not good enough.
imo

And instead of shutting it down with lawsuits they are talking bout anything but the pertinent concerns.

Spot on Stg! 👏 👏 👏🍺🥳

I have my doubts about NWESL.
If the big guns get their SUPER DOOPER league through, by the time you've seen them play each other a few times a season for a few years, interest will wane. In fact it already has, same teams in last 16 CL every year. While i can't speak for others, some big gun versus games don't interest me anymore and there's a handful of ties i watch down south.
If that happens, where do they go from there.
The NWESL looks good but if you were told you were going to be in the equivalent of the Europa League for the rest of your life, you wouldn't be happy.
What makes the Europa League tolerable is the change in opposition.

I have my doubts about NWESL.
If the big guns get their SUPER DOOPER league through, by the time you've seen them play each other a few times a season for a few years, interest will wane. In fact it already has, same teams in last 16 CL every year. While i can't speak for others, some big gun versus games don't interest me anymore and there's a handful of ties i watch down south.
If that happens, where do they go from there.
The NWESL looks good but if you were told you were going to be in the equivalent of the Europa League for the rest of your life, you wouldn't be happy.
What makes the Europa League tolerable is the change in opposition.
I was meaning it as a long-term move for our league. The whole of football is going to change so who knows what will happen.

He sometimes gets some stick on here but credit where it is due to James Forrest for highlighting the absolute mess of a story fed to the press today about Celtic withdrawing from The Atlantic League. 100% on the money.
Whilst talking about JF could you inform him his site is infested with trolls and as such most fans on here avoid it like the plague. Comments section ruined with inbreds waiting on genuine fans to comment then just shit right over them.

Members online

Back