A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

Nostalgia ..... i give you philisophical with the added element of being stoned for the first time in a month

i was faced during the week with a pal that has lost his maw n paw in quick succession. poor cunt was in a bad way. It wasn't the loss he was mourning, just felt really shit about the lack of a meaningful relationship with them. i empathised but couldn't relate, i tried to imagine my maw n paw being shit, grasped for that millisecond i could remember where i thought all kev n perry, ' i hate you', but..... i came up empty.

i take my maw most weekends to caravan with kids.
Despite the advantages of a cook and a cleaner, the most joy it brings me is watching her get pissed and dance. i used to get my kicks through a near 20 year bender. Then the kids turned me inside out as a person. But seeing the old yin have fun means a wee bit more.

Every week after the club/pub, i pour her doubles, she sings for hours and while she thinks i'm on jd's with her, i'm just pouring coke, i'll deal with the morning after for a change
I just live off her living in the moment.

So when i thought nostalgia, i thought its really searching for a happy moment,
Nostalgia flashed up the happiest memories, being a wee kid and seeing your maw happy.
It isn't a goal or your hole. I don't remember much but your maw singing while doing the dishes or even just singing.....
you don't notice it at the time, but really your happiest place isn't yours, its that moment.... when the person you cherish most is happy,

well thats where i went, see you in the season...

since its a music thread, maws favourite sing song

oh and paw loved this. he thought he was marc bolan

the moral, your only as good as your folks

Last edited:
Nostalgia ..... i give you philisophical with the added element of being stoned for the first time in a month

i was faced during the week with a pal that has lost his maw n paw in quick succession. poor cunt was in a bad way. It wasn't the loss he was mourning, just felt really shit about the lack of a meaningful relationship with them. i empathised but couldn't relate, i tried to imagine my maw n paw being shit, grasped for that millisecond i could remember where i thought all kev n perry, ' i hate you', but..... i came up empty.

Despite the advantages of a cook and a cleaner, the most joy it brings me is watching her get pissed and dance. i used to get my kicks through a near 20 year bender. Then the kids turned me inside out as a person. But seeing the old yin have fun means a wee bit more.

Every week after the club/pub, i pour her doubles, she sings for hours and while she thinks i'm on jd's with her, i'm just pouring coke, i'll deal with the morning after for a change

Nostalgia flashed up the happiest memories, being a wee kid and seeing your maw happy.
It isn't a goal or your hole. I don't remember much but your maw singing while doing the dishes or even just singing.....
you don't notice it at the time, but really your happiest place isn't yours, its that moment.... when the person you cherish most is happy,

The boy is back in town ...top man G-love 👏

Very touching ( for want of a better word) post stg and one everyone would identify in some way with I'm sure.
Aye that is it exactly, "nostalgia' as far as I have always understood it , the remembering of the best times, often life experiences and time teaches us that these experiences can be the simplest thing in a day.
Remembering my dinner made for me when I still lived at home ( original home) meaning , family , not a place , wherever my kin were whoever's hoose.
I mind coming home from nights out in my younger years from Saturday night out and ma's still sitting up at 3 am or awake in bed, hears me come in and gets up to see I'm ok and not delirious.
Synapses still firing often, having just got back from hangar 13 or the metro Sunday/Monday morning and have a quiet discussion with my ma about all things conceivable/ disco biscuit nrg still flowing but my wee ma never judged me, and if asked Id never bs her.
Ma&Da understood me if anything , being people who'd lived through the 60s. The 90s was seen as inevitable to them & many I've spoken to about both times.

The oxford dictionary has nostalgia down as, noun " a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past "

So you hit the proverbial nail there .
My pal is 16 days in since his 85 year old wee maws funeral , who I adored, obviously he's still in the shock created time warp bubble , I look back upon and call it, stage.
If I went down to see him & he was oot , I'd sit aw night and talk to her and more often than not she was a better laugh anyway haha.

To still have a ma & da is a truly special thing , it hurts me my other pal doesn't get on with his. I try to nudge him in their direction without overstepping boundaries.

On a less philosophical note and having been stoned more than once in that time infact last night/this morning ( by fanatic passers bye , for no reason 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😜) .
Nostalgia , relating to Celtic has a myriad of hair standing, chills down the back of the neck moments through all stages of my life , im about to start decade 5 soon after new year.
( touch hairy wid etc) 👉🧔
Celtic has been there giving hope and inspiration ( from as a game) that you wouldnt ( girlfriend doesnt fully) believe is possible.
The passion invested by us all. When that investment pays off as Celtic supporters, we all know theres nothing else like it.
Aware I'm once more writing a wee novel without meaning to I'll quickly get a wee sample for me.
1980s : Celtic 5 Sporting 0 agg 5-2 (incredible night) got to witness Brian Clough's Forest beat us 2-1 at CP next round despite Celtic onslaught most teams wouldve caved , was great to see, great memories.
1990s: so many, tommy burns Scottish cup our first silverware for 6 year 95, The Bunnet , Wim, Henrik, stopping the 10 👌
2000s : MON, WGS , nakamuras goals v man utd, the road to seville and its results vs Englands hyped clubs, magical times appearing in the last 16 a real force in Europe , lubo, beating juve 4-3 at CP.
2010s: NFL #1 "brining back the noise " , that crazy night 3-0 v shakhtar karagandy AKA the goat slayers, can barely believe that was 2013 fantastic night, from 2-0 down a certain youngster of early twenties jamsie Forrest scored that injury time winner was something else .
The arrival of BR , the breaking of our own unbeaten run going 69 unbeaten , the quadreble only we can claim, 9 iar for second time, so much happines from this decade .
2020s: the arrival of Ange, taking back our title when everyones watching , sweet , sweet title. 💚🍀
Nostalgia is missing ( I feel ) in oxfords description , that it can take you back to that certain moment like it was just yesterday . HH

Reading the nostalgic memories is cathartic and I thank G-Man and Winter for posting their personal wee warm remembrances, genuine people for sure, and that's why you come from good stock
I lost my folks within 4 years of each other, in my late 20's, the fact I was 6,000 miles away, didn't make handling it any easier
My Dad was a hard working family man, who was injured in an industrial accident in the yards, at 33, and was unable to work, and in constant pain for 8 years until they could operate, they had to wait otherwise he'd have ended up in a wheelchair
My Mother worked two jobs and it was only later, when I was older, I appreciated that she was the Rock that held our family together, and was always there when we needed her
My dad was 51 when he passed away, and my Mother was 52, they never got to meet my own family or, our beautiful Liliana, my folks would have spoiled her rotten
But, I digress, so here's a song that says how much I could depend on my folks being there, when I needed them
Played it today...I hope you enjoy it
Classic Dylan
My best to all of you
Mon eh Greenock

HH

Reading the nostalgic memories is cathartic and I thank G-Man and Winter for posting their personal wee warm remembrances, genuine people for sure, and that's why you come from good stock
I lost my folks within 4 years of each other, in my late 20's, the fact I was 6,000 miles away, didn't make handling it any easier
My Dad was a hard working family man, who was injured in an industrial accident in the yards, at 33, and was unable to work, and in constant pain for 8 years until they could operate, they had to wait otherwise he'd have ended up in a wheelchair
My Mother worked two jobs and it was only later, when I was older, I appreciated that she was the Rock that held our family together, and was always there when we needed her
My dad was 51 when he passed away, and my Mother was 52, they never got to meet my own family or, our beautiful Liliana, my folks would have spoiled her rotten
But, I digress, so here's a song that says how much I could depend on my folks being there, when I needed them
Played it today...I hope you enjoy it
Classic Dylan
My best to all of you
Mon eh Greenock

HH
51 and 52 , so young an age .
So sorry to hear D.
Think everyone realises at a certain age that its ma who keeps the family together ( though theres exceptions always) it usually is I mean.
We came apparently from money but not in my time except for my early years.
Yet as second youngest of 5 siblings in a 2 bedroom hoose. How exactly ma " did it" I've no idea.
Mas make miracles happen on a daily basis.
I remember wanting for nothing bar the outrageous christmas " I WANT IT" as a child haha.
My ma and da like so many of my age group split up when i was young 12 , but remained friends. Which was better for all concerned ( I eventually understood).
After travelling the world with the merchant navy then oil rigs as so many others das did, mine hit the booze upon re-settling in glesga and my granda , his da passed at the same time everything changed.
How ma managed to keep us 5 all dressed , fed , took to chapel, school on what I know amounted to hardly anything is to this day beyond me but she did it.
Da passed in 2000 ma 2016 and still she kept the family together by just being there.
Not going to see ma ( was a family crime) one which sadly one of my siblings will have to live with ( whys there always one?) 💚🙏🏻

Edit: Having seen what moneys done to otherwise close families I've known over the years , when theres a life changing amount of money left behind or a house etc . I am glad there was no life changing sums of money or properties to be fought over.
Its amongst the most tragic and saddest things I've ever seen and distasteful to disgusting how it turns people against their own blood.

Last edited:
scummy bastards
Animals , the ones holding the tech.
I'm no fan of this " sustainable hunting" idea either .
A filthy rich foreigner pays a huge sum for the (dis)"honour" of shooting dead a lion, tiger , elephant. This is acceptable on a " smaller scale as it pays for the staff, maintenance , everything etc of a national park area in otherwise poor countries.
I can understand the thinking behind this but really it's just rich foreigners exploiting a loophole to legally hunt and shoot dead a sentient animal.
I even try my best not to kill any insects , take care when gently removing say spiders or moths from the hoose.
I'm not there yet as those hoose beetles, most hooses get them ( we called them rainy beetles as waens) they are pests that can quickly become infestations so I'm not so ' humane' with those wee critters like mini cockroaches, appear in kitchens and bathroom floors. Those and flies , none of their names are doon so not getting in if I can help it 😂

Education begins at home and how you live your life is up to you, but you take the learning and how you apply it, the grounding you had earleir always shows up somewhere and is visible to all who know you and meet you. HH

Education begins at home and how you live your life is up to you, but you take the learning and how you apply it, the grounding you had earleir always shows up somewhere and is visible to all who know you and meet you. HH
Such a true statement Boab.
Theres been many a time for all of us I'm sure where we've come across an individual(s), whose lack of courtesy , respect, and general decency would indicate ( to myself at times) they've been dragged up , not brought up and taught morals, values, manners and respect.
Often not a sip of alcohol involved to be blamed, just ignorance and I'm not even on about sevco fans just some people in general.
Usually assume it's down to parenting or, how such an individual was brought up or dragged up. Though sometimes a bad seed is a bad seed regardless of upbringing, childhood or lack thereof.
As a school kid i was subjected to corporal punishment in the form of the leather belt and prodded with rulers, and thought it barbaric at that time.
FF a few decades later and the way school kids are abusing teaching staff , subjecting them to violence etc knowing the teacher has no leg to stand on bar suffer the consequences of unruly and violent minors.
Makes me wonder at times if this snowflake generation has it far too easy.
I'm not advocating for a return to the belt, cane, ruler in any way but the teachers have to given more leeway to defend themselves, which they cant at present.
Retaliation, even verbally can see a teacher up in court for losing it for a minute and screaming at the poor wee kid who was throwing hardback books at their head whilst teachers back is turned.
Theres no misguided actions = facing the consequences of the actions.
Not at home , not at school.
We at least knew that if we stepped out of line there would be a reckoning of sorts to face and not just a sit down with some school counsellor and told why that was bad and please dont do it again.
I remember an R.E teacher in secondary who used to offer anyone who thought themselves a bit of a ticket 'a square go' .
He was from springburn and took no prisoners when it came to messing him about.
" think you're a ticket pal? (3rd year and overs especially) tell you whit ya wee fanny , wait there for 10 minutes after last bell I'll meet you for a square go, this will be the bit where you learn tickets get punched"
There was never anyone foolish/game enough to take him up on his offer, he was a man after all.
Hed be charged ,sentenced to some woke law and sacked for that now, when really he was preparing us well for the streets scenarios and situations that we'd all no doubt face soon enough once we'd left school.
When theres no consequences to face for misguided /nuisance/pest/violent actions that is when you get Donald Trump leading the US and Boris leading the UK.
They admit they lied, cheated but expect forgiveness without any repentance.

Last edited:
Such a true statement Boab.
Theres been many a time for all of us I'm sure where we've come across an individual(s), whose lack of courtesy , respect, and general decency would indicate ( to myself at times) they've been dragged up , not brought up and taught morals, values, manners and respect.
Often not a sip of alcohol involved to be blamed, just ignorance and I'm not even on about sevco fans just some people in general.
Usually assume it's down to parenting or, how such an individual was brought up or dragged up. Though sometimes a bad seed is a bad seed regardless of upbringing, childhood or lack thereof.
As a school kid i was subjected to corporal punishment in the form of the leather belt and prodded with rulers, and thought it barbaric at that time.
FF a few decades later and the way school kids are abusing teaching staff , subjecting them to violence etc knowing the teacher has no leg to stand on bar suffer the consequences of unruly and violent minors.
Makes me wonder at times if this snowflake generation has it far too easy.
I'm not advocating for a return to the belt, cane, ruler in any way but the teachers have to given more leeway to defend themselves, which they cant at present.
Retaliation, even verbally can see a teacher up in court for losing it for a minute and screaming at the poor wee kid who was throwing hardback books at their head whilst teachers back is turned.
Theres no misguided actions = facing the consequences of the actions.
Not at home , not at school.
We at least knew that if we stepped out of line there would be a reckoning of sorts to face and not just a sit down with some school counsellor and told why that was bad and please dont do it again.
I remember an R.E teacher in secondary who used to offer anyone who thought themselves a bit of a ticket 'a square go' .
He was from springburn and took no prisoners when it came to messing him about.
" think you're a ticket pal? (3rd year and overs especially) tell you whit ya wee fanny , wait there for 10 minutes after last bell I'll meet you for a square go, this will be the bit where you learn tickets get punched"
There was never anyone foolish/game enough to take him up on his offer, he was a man after all.
Hed be charged ,sentenced to some woke law and sacked for that now, when really he was preparing us well for the streets scenarios and situations that we'd all no doubt face soon enough once we'd left school.
When theres no consequences to face for misguided /nuisance/pest/violent actions that is when you get Donald Trump leading the US and Boris leading the UK.
They admit they lied, cheated but expect forgiveness without any repentance.
Also had a technical teacher who would offer a square go to anyone who thought they were hard enough or their dad if they wanted , First day in wood work he bridged a piece of 2"x 2" between two benches and broke it using his belt then said "just remember this and think the state your hands will be in if you mess about in my class" ,many years later after he had left secondary school teaching I was his manager when he was a technician at my work and he was one of the nicest guys I'd ever worked with

the moral, your only as good as your parents
Bit aboot your wee maw singing doing the dishes broke me😢we had 12 of a family and that was probably the only time she had “me time”.... cheers for that wee memory nudge mate...

Members online

No members online now.

Back