A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

i watched this with my old man
i saw the great man 2 nights before glastonbury in aberdeen
my dad heard the opening chords
'he's not playing a day in the life ffs, the beatles didnae even play that live'
funnily mccartney joined him for it the night after in hyde park, then played it with his band for the first time live a month later
ps anno im a fucking drone but jog on if its too much,
after watching that neil young set, my dad turns to me and says, 'how the fuck do you follow that eh son, whose the other headliners'
bruce spingsteen tomorrow dad, then sunday its stevie wonder
no bad eh
thank fuck it wisnae stormzy

as times went on i've got much more eclectic, maybe it was that electric soup shite a i got the spelling mixed up.
i was born in 77 so kinda grew up in the 80's so fucking hated the music as it looked to me like everybody was dressing like boy george, you had bowie and jagger strolling about in dressing gowns etc
So my early years turned me off anyone (well not everyone anyone, :mad:) that breathed in that time
but as times passed and the with birth of the wee yins, my ears opened up at the same time as my wallet.
were the 80's rated/enjoyed by those that lived the 60's and 70's
oh and the 40/'s/50's in DILL's case ?

My dad was a proper hippy, spent every penny on hand made suits and quote mother
'he had hair that all the birds could only dream of. He thought he was Marc Bolan and in this toon he was mair popular than him'
I had an interesting experience at a funeral in laters years.
My lifelong pal's dad appeared back in town for his brothers funeral
My pal didn't like him one bit cos he fucked off forever when he ws young but he was a man of substance lets say, a top man in town
The tales people would tell about him, 'Wan puch' they called him, 'cunt was never in a fight in his life, he was 3 ft 2' and a gentleman but anybody gave oot gip, he'd floor them with a dig, lights out, cunt could have floored beat Foreman/Frasier and Ali in the same round'

So my pals says do me a favour, canni go him, but hes asked and hes my old boy, can you take him down some smoke to X, i'm like 'wow i get to meet him, aye no bother at all'
Gets there and he's 'who are you, where you from, who is your mam and dad', ]
i've been his sons pal for over 25 years and he doesnt know, enough said on that

So meeting the legend of many a tale, i pipes up, such and such, he stops stone dead, repeats my dads name, 'is that really your dad, i remember when i was young, i wanted to be your dad, he was the coolest guy in town and the birds fucking loved him, me and my pals used to try to talk to him, and he was dead nice. do me a favour and tell him i was asking for him, will you, please'

Now being the spawn of the same man, an absolute gentleman, it was one of those moments,

Life is funny that way, one minute the man you think is THE man turns it full circle on you and the man you didn't think was the man is really THE fucking man and he's been right there the whole time. I grew up a lot that night

You can tell i'm drunk and reminiscing cos i've nae cunt to talk to

Hic
I just knew it when I seen the length of that post that you were on the bevy. I loved that story Stg. Liked ‘some’ of the tunes too mainly the older stuff but hated the 80’s. I’m afraid I’m a very sixties ghirl. I was part of beatlemania when I was 14/15. My older brother loved the small faces and my younger brother was playing Bob Dylan and ma old man was always melancholy playing tears for souvenirs lol a mad hoose at times but eclectic mmm naw.

I just knew it when I seen the length of that post that you were on the bevy. I loved that story Stg. Liked ‘some’ of the tunes too mainly the older stuff but hated the 80’s. I’m afraid I’m a very sixties ghirl. I was part of beatlemania when I was 14/15. My older brother loved the small faces and my younger brother was playing Bob Dylan and ma old man was always melancholy playing tears for souvenirs lol a mad hoose at times but eclectic mmm naw.
did someone say melancholy ?
we are but our past Rose, god bless you and yours .........
when i get pished, always go back to the happiest days, and they were all in the past
thats not to say life is shite now, its just not what it was

ps hiiiicccc

Last edited:
now i've just gone and smoked my weekly tribute to bob (marley not dylan)
this song should be taught in classes, not the hymns we hear today

shower the people you love with love
show them the way you feel
things are gonni work out fine if you only will

till i wake up in the morning then i'm back to being a closed door :)

my mate bought me tickets to see JT in playhouse, great night, great musician and i was the only person there with a full heed of hair except the blue rinses
oh for those days :rolleyes:

as times went on i've got much more eclectic, maybe it was that electric soup shite a i got the spelling mixed up.
i was born in 77 so kinda grew up in the 80's so fucking hated the music as it looked to me like everybody was dressing like boy george, you had bowie and jagger strolling about in dressing gowns etc
So my early years turned me off anyone (well not everyone anyone, :mad:) that breathed in that time
but as times passed and the with birth of the wee yins, my ears opened up at the same time as my wallet.
were the 80's rated/enjoyed by those that lived the 60's and 70's
oh and the 40/'s/50's in DILL's case ?

My dad was a proper hippy, spent every penny on hand made suits and quote mother
'he had hair that all the birds could only dream of. He thought he was Marc Bolan and in this toon he was mair popular than him'
I had an interesting experience at a funeral in laters years.
My lifelong pal's dad appeared back in town for his brothers funeral
My pal didn't like him one bit cos he fucked off forever when he ws young but he was a man of substance lets say, a top man in town
The tales people would tell about him, 'Wan puch' they called him, 'cunt was never in a fight in his life, he was 3 ft 2' and a gentleman but anybody gave oot gip, he'd floor them with a dig, lights out, cunt could have floored beat Foreman/Frasier and Ali in the same round'

So my pals says do me a favour, canni go him, but hes asked and hes my old boy, can you take him down some smoke to X, i'm like 'wow i get to meet him, aye no bother at all'
Gets there and he's 'who are you, where you from, who is your mam and dad', ]
i've been his sons pal for over 25 years and he doesnt know, enough said on that

So meeting the legend of many a tale, i pipes up, such and such, he stops stone dead, repeats my dads name, 'is that really your dad, i remember when i was young, i wanted to be your dad, he was the coolest guy in town and the birds fucking loved him, me and my pals used to try to talk to him, and he was dead nice. do me a favour and tell him i was asking for him, will you, please'

Now being the spawn of the same man, an absolute gentleman, it was one of those moments,

Life is funny that way, one minute the man you think is THE man turns it full circle on you and the man you didn't think was the man is really THE fucking man and he's been right there the whole time. I grew up a lot that night

You can tell i'm drunk and reminiscing cos i've nae cunt to talk to

Hic
And noon everybody knows I'm yer daddy

We used to listen to JT up at my sisters every Saturday night early 70’s when she had wee parties great times. Enjoy your music Stg and thanks was just thinking about MD there too. Miss him on here on the late nights.
JT is superb, the Beatles first signing to Apple Records

I used to think i was just amusing myself like now, kind of like a self inflicted public hanging
But then you'd realise that MD was listening to your music, he wouldn't like them all, just the ones he liked :giggle:

Last edited:
bought tickets for this guy many years ago in the tin hut,
turned up well under the influence and with 'clouds' of haze

the girl offered to show us to our seats
took a left, was walking towards stage, we're like, nice 1
kept walking....and walking....thought we were goig to dressing room till she dropped us off at 3rd row, right in the middle...... result, and then JJ Cale turned in....
pure gravy

Thiers a song I got listening to in work and also like the video just happened to come across on u tube it's by R dean Taylor it's called ghost in my house and one of the videos with it thiers fred astaire dancing with a lot of girls I think one of them is rite hayworth not sure but if somebody could post it up I'd be very grateful thanks.

Thiers a song I got listening to in work and also like the video just happened to come across on u tube it's by R dean Taylor it's called ghost in my house and one of the videos with it thiers fred astaire dancing with a lot of girls I think one of them is rite hayworth not sure but if somebody could post it up I'd be very grateful thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back