A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

I know I managed it in the end and I have to stop myself putting up all the ‘old’ sixties stuff in case I bore all you young ones to death. 💚
You go right ahead Rose
The 60's were where it's at
All the big Rock bands of the 70's, pay tribute to the 60's and before that era
Bill Haley & the Comets, Little richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis...ICONS
By the way..."Ye dancin ?"
Gaun yersel' Eddie son...

You may all have seen this clip about Bertie Auld so apologies if you have. I was just sitting here with a wee glass of Tia Maria and thought I would post this just in case any of you missed it. It made me cry tbh so Kleenex at the ready 💚🍀

Love that song, although I'm probably a child of the 80s I had a sister who was 7 years older than me so as a kitten I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, early Genesis etc, I remember waking up one chilly Sunday morning in my non central heated bedroom and she was playing that song in her room, sounded great then and it still does. Massively under rated band.

Love that song, although I'm probably a child of the 80s I had a sister who was 7 years older than me so as a kitten I grew up listening to Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, early Genesis etc, I remember waking up one chilly Sunday morning in my non central heated bedroom and she was playing that song in her room, sounded great then and it still does. Massively under rated band.
So many tracks I could put on here from them Hoopy...defo no central heating in the 60's in oor hoose ....even the cat (twinkle) went under the covers 😸

Ma Mam and Dad played it on the radiogram ...in between Sinatra Mathis and Jack Jones back in the day ...Mamas and Papas were class 💚
Do you remember the music centre? It played LP’s and also had a cassette feature along with radio facility oh technology now though is far superior but we were dead chuffed with our music centre in the mid seventies. I mean for Gods sake I’m struggling trying to find a Santa emoji these days and my grandson is always telling me how different everything is and he’s right but we struggle on and get there in the end. 💚

HH Twinkle 😻
A wee story about twinkle ....the boy next door didnae like oor cat and told my auld man if it came near his windae again he'd set the dug on it .
Twinkle went missing two days later ...ma Auld man was convinced that " scrawny bastard" next door was responsible so he chapped his door ...wan thing led to another and my auld man dragged him and gave him a doing. The next day Twinkle turned up purring at our door . .....Result all round I thought 😾😸👍

So many tracks I could put on here from them Hoopy...defo no central heating in the 60's in oor hoose ....even the cat (twinkle) went under the covers 😸
I remember my mum and dad and my sister having electric blankets, I had a fucking wooly sheet and frost on the inside of my window! (I was clearly unpopular even back then) I went to bed one night in my parka zipped up to the face, the full Kenny from South Park, my mum woke me up the next morning and was clearly worried that I'd share my depravity with the neighbours so I had a cosy electric blanket the very next night! 😼

Members online

No members online now.

Back