A Wee bit of Music Nostalgia ..Post it here

I agree with most of your comments BB. However much as I think some of the music churned out these days is pure dross, I try never to sound like my father. If the youngsters today are enjoying their time half as much as I enjoyed mine...then that means I enjoyed mine twice as much as them.
My own music collection reflects the fact that I come from a big family ,( seven brothers and seven sisters ) and so I grew up listening to whatever was the flavour of the time. My father was a gifted musician, able to play a number of instruments. These factors combined to widen my own taste to the point my collection covers most genres. I have a huge collection and absolutely love all of it. Sorry for the length of post. Music is a great passion for me.
Right Frank.....here's wan fur ye.....Desert Island Discs.....What would be your three LP's you would take with you...I know a lot depends on what mood yer in...etc....etc...but if you had to ...what 3 would you take......

Mine would be
The White Album.....The Beatles
The Lamb lies down on Broadway....Genesis(wi Gabriel)
Aladdin Sane...Bowie...

But it would change tomorrow ;)

Right Frank.....here's wan fur ye.....Desert Island Discs.....What would be your three LP's you would take with you...I know a lot depends on what mood yer in...etc....etc...but if you had to ...what 3 would you take......

Mine would be
Aladdin Sane...Bowie...

Can I be Frank? 😺

Zeppelin 4
Fleetwood Mac Rumours
Those are certainties, 3rd one could change but today I'll go with ACDC back in black.

Mine would be
Aladdin Sane...Bowie...

That’s a hard one just to pick three, but could never tire listening to…
LED zeppelin II
AC/DC powerage
UFO strangers in the night

Mine would be
Aladdin Sane...Bowie...

Gonna really have to think about that Lennono. But you're absolutely spot on..
..my opinion would change day to day. Will do my best to come up with some kind of answer though.

Gonna really have to think about that Lennono. But you're absolutely spot on..
..my opinion would change day to day. Will do my best to come up with some kind of answer though.
Well, here goes Lennono. I'm gonna attempt to answer that which is impossible to answer. I do so with all the truth and conviction of a Prince Andrew tv interview.
Don't even know where to start. My favourote decade ? Favourite band/artist / ? Favourote genre ? It would perhaps be easier if my taste in music was a wee tad narrower than it is.
I have much of my music uploaded to my desktop so that I just click on the album and bluetooth it to whichever speaker in the room I am listening. For instance, in the last week to ten days I've listened to Fleetwood Mac, The stones, The Beatles, Etta James, Lou Reed, Neil Young, Maggie Bell and Stone the Crows, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Deep purple, Steve Wonder, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke.. Could go on, but I'm sure you get my point.
As for your own choices, yip, I would be more than happy with all of them. Aways preferred Peter Gabriel as a solo artist though.

As I say, I'm really struggling with my choices, however given that you've put a gun to my head, ( and we all know how Lennono enjoys shooting, thankfully with a camera and not a gun ) here goes.
Bob Dylan......Highway 61 revisited.
The Beatles.....With the Beatles.
Paul Weller........Stanley Road.
First two are simply part of the soundtrack to what was simply a fabulous time to be young. Not even beginning to suggest they were the top albums from either.
Paul Weller ? maybe a bit out of the green/ leftfield, but I've loved his work and this album shows him at the peak of his creativity.......Eh, can I change my mind now ?

Well, here goes Lennono. I'm gonna attempt to answer that which is impossible to answer. I do so with all the truth and conviction of a Prince Andrew tv interview.
Don't even know where to start. My favourote decade ? Favourite band/artist / ? Favourote genre ? It would perhaps be easier if my taste in music was a wee tad narrower than it is.
I have much of my music uploaded to my desktop so that I just click on the album and bluetooth it to whichever speaker in the room I am listening. For instance, in the last week to ten days I've listened to Fleetwood Mac, The stones, The Beatles, Etta James, Lou Reed, Neil Young, Maggie Bell and Stone the Crows, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Deep purple, Steve Wonder, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke.. Could go on, but I'm sure you get my point.
As for your own choices, yip, I would be more than happy with all of them. Aways preferred Peter Gabriel as a solo artist though.

As I say, I'm really struggling with my choices, however given that you've put a gun to my head, ( and we all know how Lennono enjoys shooting, thankfully with a camera and not a gun ) here goes.
Bob Dylan......Highway 61 revisited.
The Beatles.....With the Beatles.
Paul Weller........Stanley Road.
First two are simply part of the soundtrack to what was simply a fabulous time to be young. Not even beginning to suggest they were the top albums from either.
Paul Weller ? maybe a bit out of the green/ leftfield, but I've loved his work and this album shows him at the peak of his creativity.......Eh, can I change my mind now ?
aka Frank
You've clearly found my Spotify playlist...oh wait as Neil Young fans, thats no allowed anymore.

I'll split mines into 2 sections the oldies and the well not so oldies

Oldies
Pink Floyd - The Wall (saw it live in Amsterdam Arena and it was just unreal)
ELO - Any album (Jeff Lynne/Richard Tandy just make banging tunes)
Bob Marley - Legend (he has a lot im not keen on but theres not a soul out there that doesnt like this album.....surely
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Everybody Knows this is Nowhere (i could put tons of NY albums, but this one with a spliff just does it for me.
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (the music/concert was just ahead of its time)
Abba :) - The best pop tunes ever and speaking from experience if your trying to get your leg up, never mind the Al Green or Barry White, trust me this does the trick

Newbies/This century

Stone Roses - Stone Roses (this was around at the same time i realised that a boner wasn't for pissing out high windows, so this was the soundtrack of my coming of age).
Oasis - Definitely Maybe - it's the greatest debut album of this century by a mile for me. I think that every generation got it, even the oldies loved it, it's rock & roll for the ages
Chemical Brothers - Surrender - EEEEEEEEEEE asily a favourite but i'll leave it there
Nirvana - Nevermind - was 16 years old in a nightclub in Ibiza oot the proverbial napper the first
i heard them, tought what the feck they playing this in PACHA but it worked....

Members online

Latest posts

Back