Aberdeen v Celtic - Match Thread

Hope to see us playing the way we finished last night, 4-3-3 with a midfield minus Brown.
Hope to see Turnbull in a midfield 3 with McGregor and Ntcham (would say Rogic starts but don't think he'd last to half time)
Hope we put on our best performance of the season and win comfortably.

Expect to see 3-5-2, Brown starting, maybe 1 or 2 changes up front maximum.
Expect a turgid, pedestrian performance, as per normal.
Expect a struggle, if we win it'll be narrow and probably a late winner, wouldn't be surprised if we don't win

I expect us to go with a 4, hopefully Julien is fit to replace Duffy, and we play our best players who can attack and take the game to them, break them down when they have everyone behind the ball.

Barkas
Frimpong
Ajer
Julien
Diego
Calmac
Turnbull
Soro
Christie
Rogic
Griff

it will be
Barkas
Frimpong
Duffy
Ajer
Diego
Broony
Calmac
Ntcham
Christie
Rogic
Ajeti

A must win game and a must and a vastly improved performance from our league form. .

I hope for a back 4 but I expect Lenny to be pigheaded and continue with a back 3. I also hope we don't see a midfield made up of CalMac, Broony and Ntcham again but......well you know!

His comments following Saturday and last night don't bode well for a change of outlook from him.

I hope for a back 4 but I expect Lenny to be pigheaded and continue with a back 3. I also hope we don't see a midfield made up of CalMac, Broony and Ntcham again but......well you know!

His comments following Saturday and last night don't bode well for a change of outlook from him.
I'm of same opinion. Stevie Wonder could see how much more fluent the team seemed when we went 4 at the back and took Broonie off. I don't trust Ntcham to have two decent games in a row either if played but hope I'm wrong. An attacking midfield is what we need. If we play a back 4 they can mop things up and find a player who wants to move the ball FORWARD quickly.

The Side from the Second half against
AC this is a side no one in Scotia could or can beat right now us at our best Mibbies
But if he puts out the Same 11 that finished the game and we go right from the Start. We win and win Comfortably but NFLs almost got a death wish I fully expect him to start the same Team as per so if we’re lucky 90 minutes of stop start PISH.
and maybe get beaten. Hope to fuck he’s seen how they went fir it against AC if not start 🙏
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

4 at the back should be a stick on from here on in imo mate (but as a long time hater of 3 at the back I wid say that :p) but I can see Lenny cutting his nose off to spite his face where this is concerned.

The midfield combination of Broony, CalMac and Ntcham just doesn't work, at least 1 has to drop out and since the sheep are a big physical side I'd keep Broony in there and drop Ntcham for Turnbull who's got the talent and the dig to mix it with their midfield. There are games where Broony should sit it out but I think he should be in there for 1's like this.

Not got a scoob what the formation will be, who'll play,but this game,surely it has to be,with the personnel available, it has to be a back 4,think there will be games we can play a back 3, but against 'better' opposition back 4 is a must,think Broony has to start like Shadow says this will be a battle,Collum the MIB, so whit aboot this
Barkas
Ralston (defensive protection for Duffy)
Duffy,ah know,but if Cosgrove plays,i'd rather have him than young Welsh
Ajer
Taylor, natural left back
Broony,for the battle
McGregor
Fimpong
Laxalt
Rogic
Ajeti

And 5 to come off the bench, never happen, but hey, ah'm still quite sober! 🍺 🥳

I am very nervous about this game and have been since last Saturday and only a few things to ease that pressure last night. I wouldn't have Barkas, Duffy, Brown ntcham and frimpong in my starting line up in a must win game at the moment.
Barkas would be taken out of the firing line until his communication skills can improve and so hence his confidence may improve also.
How I hope we can get one of our other CB's fit to also take duffy out of the firing line.
Give soro for broony a chance with Turnbull for ntcham.
Frimps is not the strongest as a RB defencesivly but a great asset going forward from deep, hope El ham is available as frimps can cause havoc from the bench.
Another worrying aspect lenny said last night is he would like to play a 433 but can't as he has no wingers, so what does he mean by that?
Of course I can't see them changes so I will remain nervous and take any type of victory

I am very nervous about this game and have been since last Saturday and only a few things to ease that pressure last night. I wouldn't have Barkas, Duffy, Brown ntcham and frimpong in my starting line up in a must win game at the moment.
Barkas would be taken out of the firing line until his communication skills can improve and so hence his confidence may improve also.
How I hope we can get one of our other CB's fit to also take duffy out of the firing line.
Give soro for broony a chance with Turnbull for ntcham.
Frimps is not the strongest as a RB defencesivly but a great asset going forward from deep, hope El ham is available as frimps can cause havoc from the bench.
Another worrying aspect lenny said last night is he would like to play a 433 but can't as he has no wingers, so what does he mean by that?
Of course I can't see them changes so I will remain nervous and take any type of victory
How would you improve Barkas confidence by dropping him🤔

Not got a scoob what the formation will be, who'll play,but this game,surely it has to be,with the personnel available, it has to be a back 4,think there will be games we can play a back 3, but against 'better' opposition back 4 is a must,think Broony has to start like Shadow says this will be a battle,Collum the MIB, so whit aboot this
Barkas
Ralston (defensive protection for Duffy)
Duffy,ah know,but if Cosgrove plays,i'd rather have him than young Welsh
Ajer
Taylor, natural left back
Broony,for the battle
McGregor
Fimpong
Laxalt
Rogic
Ajeti

And 5 to come off the bench, never happen, but hey, ah'm still quite sober! 🍺 🥳
Some brave calls there MD and ralston should not be ruled out imo with El ham unavailable by the looks of things. This is the sort of game to suit duffy if cosgrave should start alright

Members online

Latest posts

Back