Aberdeen v Celtic - Match Thread

Exactly John,when we had a competitive reserve league,we brought our youngsters through, battle hardened and first team ready,Scottish fitba is dying from the roots up, nae pathway!!!!
could maybe have a mirror league set up with youth teams under 22

that way premier sides would start in tier below bottom division

And the winners of mirror league can get promoted to the 3rd division and 3rd division can get relegated to top tier of reserve league

just cant get promoted to tier above if the first team is in it.

if first team gets relegated to same division as reserves then reserves auto relegate too and next best club in lower division gets promoted if their top side not in that set up.

could maybe have a mirror league set up with youth teams under 22

that way premier sides would start in tier below bottom division

And the winners of mirror league can get promoted to the 3rd division and 3rd division can get relegated to top tier of reserve league

just cant get promoted to tier above if the first team is in it.

if first team gets relegated to same division as reserves then reserves auto relegate too and next best club in lower division gets promoted if their top side not in that set up.
They tried that TET,lower leagues,for some reason rejected it,for why,ah don't know, young players are just not gettin a chance,and we wonder why we're pish! 🍺 🥳

They tried that TET,lower leagues,for some reason rejected it,for why,ah don't know, young players are just not gettin a chance,and we wonder why we're pish! 🍺 🥳
We have the best record of developing young players to have gone to make it to international level, as I see it the Scottish fa are doing there best to stop our blood line and yet in the process stopping the blood line of development as we are the best and only ones that can do so, and just because the scum can't and wouldn't

Remember big Jock sending Kenny Dalgliesh to Cumbernauld,tae play junior fitba tae toughen him up,we've got great young talent,kicking their heels,wondering how the feck will they get a chance!
How times have changed, and can see them changing again if the big boys in Europe get there way. I have been saying it for years we are way to big for Scotland and have been keeping all of the others afloat and all the while they would like to fuck us up the best way they can, so at the moment I don't see why as a club we should keep our loyalty to the league if a better opportunity came along

How times have changed, and can see them changing again if the big boys in Europe get there way. I have been saying it for years we are way to big for Scotland and have been keeping all of the others afloat and all the while they would like to fuck us up the best way they can, so at the moment I don't see why as a club we should keep our loyalty to the league if a better opportunity came along
Look at how other countries develop their young players, France,Belgium, Holland,Iceland, ffs Iceland a population of 400,000, but we phuq our development to suit sevco! rips ma feckin knittin!

Remember big Jock sending Kenny Dalgliesh to Cumbernauld,tae play junior fitba tae toughen him up,we've got great young talent,kicking their heels,wondering how the feck will they get a chance!
Maybe thats why Kenny got stuck into his career and worked hard. Being sent to Cumbernauld must have been like a jail sentence. 😂😂.

Ps Nice haircut Michael 😂

Team for ra morra ( just my opinion, not a leaked team honest).

Barkas.

Frimps Duffy Ajer Laxalt.

Ollie Broonie.

Corpus Calmac Eli

Ajeti.

If we must play Ollie play him as a holding mid please,I know he thinks he is a attack mid but he is the only one.

Me I would probably have Tom in instead of Ollie and swap him and Calmac round. The Ewe Camp is not the place for resting Broonie France is.

H.H

May as well give my view on team to start tomorrow 😀
Not sure if I was reading it right but I thought we were almost playing 4-1-4-1 towards the end on Thursday which may not be a bad system for us.

Barkas
Frimp Duffy Ajer Lax
CalMac
Corpus Ollie Rogic Elyo
Ajeti

Can flex to 4-2-3-1 with Ollie dropping back when out of possession or even almost 4-4-2 with two banks of 4.

Start maybe using Broonie more sparingly - coming on to help close games down with his experience.

Massive, massive game tomorrow.

Three points tomorrow is an absolute must. We basically can't afford to drop a point until we meet the skunks of Govan again. We've got to find a way to get through every game until we come up against those manky zombie bastards again.

I can't even hazard a guess at what team NL will throw onto the pitch so I'm not going to try to put myself inside his head.

As a thought provoking exercise can we cast our minds back to the semi that got Deila his jotters. We were all (rightfully) raging that a pathetic sevco side put us out of the Scottish Cup that year. Thankfully Hibs showed up in one of the most exciting Finals in years to put them back in their box.

My point is this... We were as mad as fk at the time but that result kicked off a run of silverware that hasn't stopped yet!

Would anyone sacrifice the semi against Aberdeen next weekend in order to get the board to make a similar ground-breaking appointment like they did with the rhat?

It's a tough one to answer truthfully because we all want to win every game we play.

The reality is completely different though. In order to win the war you've sometimes got to lose a battle.

Would anyone now swap a semi final victory in 2016 for the treble treble? Let's face it, we were never going to get a treble treble, or an invincible season under Ronnie.

Lose the semi to Aberdeen and get 12, 13, 14, or 15 in a row? I know what I'd take.

Thoughts?

HH guys

ps I'll take any win tomorrow but I reckon 2-1 for us won't be far away.

Massive, massive game tomorrow...

As a thought provoking exercise can we cast our minds back to the semi that got Deila his jotters. We were all (rightfully) raging that a pathetic sevco side put us out of the Scottish Cup that year. Thankfully Hibs showed up in one of the most exciting Finals in years to put them back in their box.

My point is this... We were as mad as fk at the time but that result kicked off a run of silverware that hasn't stopped yet!

Would anyone sacrifice the semi against Aberdeen next weekend in order to get the board to make a similar ground-breaking appointment like they did with the rhat?

...HH guys

ps I'll take any win tomorrow but I reckon 2-1 for us won't be far away.
Only if I really had to but I am not sure the board would use that as a motivation to change manager. I have a feeling that the board would just pass it off with "Well, we had to lose sometime." (Do we have to?)

At least if we were to lose this cup, the huns wouldn't have a chance of adding to their Petrofac World Club Championship.

Incidentally, I can't quite believe how many of you are still putting Duffy in your starting eleven!

I'm hoping you're all just guessing Lennon's team rather than putting up a team you actually want to see. :p(y)🍀
Who else is there at the moment? 🤷‍♂️ Julie and the Mossad twins are all out at the moment. And ok Welsh didn’t let anyone down but did show he’s not quite ready for the step up at the moment.

Turnbull not getting much of a look in here either, cant understand how people are picking Ntcham before him if they want to up our game. We keep hearing "theres a player in there" and "look what he did against Nazio" How many chances does Ntcham need? Time for Turnbulls chance{s}

Still have him before Turnbull cr?
Very good question.... and solely based on the 2nd half performance I would.

If Ntcham has to play it would be in the brown role.... mopping up with and giving it to either Rogic, McGregor, Elyounoussi or Christie. Turnbull hasn't done anything so far for me to grab a place in the team (he was woweful against St Johnstone - being on the bench doesn't suddenly turn you into a world beater). Turnbulls time will come in the season.

I don't rate Ntcham.... I just don't want to mke too many changes to what was a ver good 2nd half performance (we were playing AC Milan after all).

Exactly MD. And good promising players are now being targeted by major clubs earlier than ever before. Good signing on fee money, more parental involvement, better development and coaching structures.
If they don't break through, then a decent chance anyway of a championship side.
Bayern ' poaching ' our young players is in one way a compliment, but also longer term fatal to us. Same with Billy Gilmour.

Members online

No members online now.

Back