Aberdeen v Celtic - Match Thread

I know a lot of people have made their minds up, that's fair enough, but personally I don't see any sense in sacking Lenny at this time, it's always a risk getting someone in when they can't sign anyone until the next window, even though it's just over a couple of months away, if things get worse and we fall behind further, then In my opinion, Lenny will walk at the winter break, although it's been a worrying start, Im still not jumping on the panic button yet, I think if he gets the formation right, and our defenders start defending well, we can go on a run that will put pressure on that mob, they aren't a great side, but they have found a style that's made them harder to beat. 6 points behind with a game in hand only worries me when there's only 3 games of the season to go, I did see some signs of better play at the ewe camp, we will get through this spell and go on a run, then it's game on, for the first time in my life, I couldn't give a shit about any cups or Europe, this 10 season is sending me a bit loopy, nothing else matters to me this season, cups are a bonus and nothing else, obviously we have the semi next week, i think we'll win that and the final, after that, I'm only thinking about the 10. I still think Lenny can turn it round, and as long as he has the job, I'm right behind the guy.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people have made their minds up, that's fair enough, but personally I don't see any sense in sacking Lenny at this time, it's always a risk getting someone in when they can't sign anyone until the next window, even though it's just over a couple of months away, if things get worse and we fall behind further, then In my opinion, Lenny will walk at the winter break, although it's been a worrying start, Im still not jumping on the panic button yet, I think if he gets the formation right, and our defenders start defending well, we can go on a run that will put pressure on that mob, they aren't a great side, but they have found a style that's made them harder to beat. 6 points behind with a game in hand only worries me when there's only 3 games of the season to go, I did see some signs of better play at the ewe camp, we will get through this spell and go on a run, then it's game on, for the first time in my life, I couldn't give a shit about any cups or Europe, this 10 season is sending me a bit loopy, nothing else matters to me this season, cups are a bonus and nothing else, obviously we have the semi next week, i think we'll win that and the final, after that, I'm only thinking about the 10. I stink think Lenny can turn it round, and as long as he has the job, I'm right behind the guy.
👏 👏👏👏🍺

We took on the filth on 28th December 2011 at Celtic Park 3 points behind and beat them with a Joe Ledley header and went to the top of the league.

On 14th of November Celtic were 15 points behind Rangers and now in front at the New Year on points. From that November day Celtic didn't drop a point winning 9 games in a row.

Despite losing to them the following mid march derby, we never looked back and went on to win the league by 15 clear points .......and a 30 point turnaround between mid November 2011 and mid May 2012. 😁 😁😁....The start of the present 9iar.
Thanks JC, knew I hadn't dreamed that up
That was a fantastic turn around, and I believe we have the players to do it again, this season is a long way from over, Covid issues notwithstanding
KTF

HH

I know a lot of people have made their minds up, that's fair enough, but personally I don't see any sense in sacking Lenny at this time, it's always a risk getting someone in when they can't sign anyone until the next window, even though it's just over a couple of months away, if things get worse and we fall behind further, then In my opinion, Lenny will walk at the winter break, although it's been a worrying start, Im still not jumping on the panic button yet, I think if he gets the formation right, and our defenders start defending well, we can go on a run that will put pressure on that mob, they aren't a great side, but they have found a style that's made them harder to beat. 6 points behind with a game in hand only worries me when there's only 3 games of the season to go, I did see some signs of better play at the ewe camp, we will get through this spell and go on a run, then it's game on, for the first time in my life, I couldn't give a shit about any cups or Europe, this 10 season is sending me a bit loopy, nothing else matters to me this season, cups are a bonus and nothing else, obviously we have the semi next week, i think we'll win that and the final, after that, I'm only thinking about the 10. I still think Lenny can turn it round, and as long as he has the job, I'm right behind the guy.
There is no winter break this season.

It's easy to get involved in scapegoating, I do it frequently in the aftermath of a disappointing performance, but the time has come for a rethink at the very least.

I appreciate that I keep banging this particular drum, but Lenny requires an assistant who will reign him in when his ego and stubbornness starts clouding his better judgement. Not necessarily someone to undermine his position, but definitely someone who can influence his decision making.

It also has to be said that the players themselves aren't covering themselves in glory during this wee period. All the coaching and encouragement in the world doesn't mean a thing if you don't do the basics properly and the fact of the matter is, is that the lads on the pitch are playing at about 60% of their potential. I think that the formations that Lenny seems to prefer allow a few boys to shirk their responsibilities and hide in games. There's no hiding in a 4-4-2. You have to show up, do your job, and be accountable.

The major difference between us and that mob at the moment is their willingness to move off the ball and make themselves available. They know their jobs and function accordingly. We have Ryan Christie as our main creative player, but he can't pick a pass. McGregor is our best passer by a country mile, but gets burdened with tracking back and his timing in the tackle is pretty poor. I'd tie a fucking rope between Shane Duffy and Kris Ajer so they play as a pair. I'd also tie a rope to Ntcham but knot the other end on the dressing room door so he can't get near the pitch. It's one thing to play someone through a poor patch to bolster their confidence, but that is entirely dependent on the form of the other lads around him and that form isn't currently good enough to carry passengers.

Celtic's best 45 minutes of the season came in the second half against Hibs. Turnbull came on and his engine allowed Broony to anchor himself while Turnbull effectively became his legs. It might have just been a one-off, but it's got to be worth a shot at least. Big Olly can be any player he wants to be - he has all the basic elements, but he doesn't have the heart and he looks like he'd rather be anywhere than Celtic as it stands. Lenny would be granting the boy a small mercy by taking him out of the firing line for a few weeks.

It's easy to get involved in scapegoating, I do it frequently in the aftermath of a disappointing performance, but the time has come for a rethink at the very least.

I appreciate that I keep banging this particular drum, but Lenny requires an assistant who will reign him in when his ego and stubbornness starts clouding his better judgement. Not necessarily someone to undermine his position, but definitely someone who can influence his decision making.

It also has to be said that the players themselves aren't covering themselves in glory during this wee period. All the coaching and encouragement in the world doesn't mean a thing if you don't do the basics properly and the fact of the matter is, is that the lads on the pitch are playing at about 60% of their potential. I think that the formations that Lenny seems to prefer allow a few boys to shirk their responsibilities and hide in games. There's no hiding in a 4-4-2. You have to show up, do your job, and be accountable.

The major difference between us and that mob at the moment is their willingness to move off the ball and make themselves available. They know their jobs and function accordingly. We have Ryan Christie as our main creative player, but he can't pick a pass. McGregor is our best passer by a country mile, but gets burdened with tracking back and his timing in the tackle is pretty poor. I'd tie a fucking rope between Shane Duffy and Kris Ajer so they play as a pair. I'd also tie a rope to Ntcham but knot the other end on the dressing room door so he can't get near the pitch. It's one thing to play someone through a poor patch to bolster their confidence, but that is entirely dependent on the form of the other lads around him and that form isn't currently good enough to carry passengers.

Celtic's best 45 minutes of the season came in the second half against Hibs. Turnbull came on and his engine allowed Broony to anchor himself while Turnbull effectively became his legs. It might have just been a one-off, but it's got to be worth a shot at least. Big Olly can be any player he wants to be - he has all the basic elements, but he doesn't have the heart and he looks like he'd rather be anywhere than Celtic as it stands. Lenny would be granting the boy a small mercy by taking him out of the firing line for a few weeks.
Can't disagree about our second 45mins v Hibs. We were brilliant that day.

It's ridiculous that after this many games into the season though, including Europe etc, that we've only turned up, collectively as a team, for 2,700 seconds.

I agree about Turnbull, he should have plenty minutes under his belt and perhaps a few full 90's at this point. How long till we hear Lennon say the boy isn't quite match fit? 🥴

We took on the filth on 28th December 2011 at Celtic Park 3 points behind and beat them with a Joe Ledley header and went to the top of the league.

On 14th of November Celtic were 15 points behind Rangers and now in front at the New Year on points. From that November day Celtic didn't drop a point winning 9 games in a row.

Despite losing to them the following mid march derby, we never looked back and went on to win the league by 15 clear points .......and a 30 point turnaround between mid November 2011 and mid May 2012. 😁 😁😁....The start of the present 9iar.
and the Celtic manager at that time was ...... ???

Just never kicks a ball anymore
I'm taking a punt here, Vigo, but with a proper up and down midfielder (which presumably Turnbull is) then Broony can focus on a target and anchor him down.

Broony has been caught playing this high sweeper role where he's neither a defender nor a midfielder. He just doesn't have the pace or energy to cover the ground as he once did, but if the centre halves were solid and he had legs in front of him, then he would most likely have enough in the tank to see him through the season.

As it currently stands, he has no significant impact on games and got made to look a bit of a plodder against the huns and Milan. I'm sure that's not the way he wants to bow out.....

Latest posts

Back