Aberdeen v Celtic - Premiership, Sunday 16 February kick-off 12pm - all comments here...

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
BARRING injuries it must be the same team that demolished both Motherwell and Hearts in the previous two league games. Did any notice incidentally that Ryan Christie didn't exactly look delighted to have scored and in one of the photos I posted yesterday where the players were walking around the ground after the game, everyone was happy but his face was tripping him!

Not sure if he was too modest to celebrate and it was just the photo rather than anything else but it was bothering me, so I'm mentioning it. Probably nothing. Here's the pic...

Olivier Ntcham, like the two strikers, Taylor and Simunovic are all benefitting from the 3-5-2. He's not likely to be losing his place in the form he's in so others will have to be patient and wait their turn. Same goes for Moi and Jeremie who would have been first picks in the 4-2-3-1.

Anyway, Pittodrie, I'm driving up to this one, an early 8am start and looking forward to it. Think we'll win 3-1 with the two strikers getting back among the goals.

All comment here...

Did any notice incidentally that Ryan Christie didn't exactly look delighted to have scored and in one of the photos I posted yesterday where the players were walking around the ground after the game, everyone was happy but his face was tripping him!

Not sure if he was too modest to celebrate and it was just the photo rather than anything else but it was bothering me, so I'm mentioning it.
I mentioned this elsewhere. Yeah, it sort of concerned me, and I'm wondering if he had tweaked something, injury-wise, while shooting that goal. I hope not.

BARRING injuries it must be the same team that demolished both Motherwell and Hearts in the previous two league games. Did any notice incidentally that Ryan Christie didn't exactly look delighted to have scored and in one of the photos I posted yesterday where the players were walking around the ground after the game, everyone was happy but his face was tripping him!

Not sure if he was too modest to celebrate and it was just the photo rather than anything else but it was bothering me, so I'm mentioning it. Probably nothing. Here's the pic...

Olivier Ntcham, like the two strikers, Taylor and Simunovic are all benefitting from the 3-5-2. He's not likely to be losing his place in the form he's in so others will have to be patient and wait their turn. Same goes for Moi and Jeremie who would have been first picks in the 4-2-3-1.

Anyway, Pittodrie, I'm driving up to this one, an early 8am start and looking forward to it. Think we'll win 3-1 with the two strikers getting back among the goals.

All comment here...

He does look a bit pre-occupied 👍

Lennon said an interesting thing in the presser. He was asked if it was difficult to pick a team with so many to choose from. Instead of the stock answer about it being a good problem to have, he said it's hard to leave out players who are actually in good form. I wondered if he'd had a few knocks at the door.
I guess Christie is one-Moi maybe another. I'd imagine, considering Lenny doesn't change much when the team is winning, that Christie will be concerned having been on the road to player of the year that he now becomes a peripheral figure when the big games are coming.
The formation change won't have put minds at ease either. Christie was Edouard's main supprt in 4-2-3-1. Now with two strikers and Ntcham's form it might be hard to get back in.

Lennon said an interesting thing in the presser. He was asked if it was difficult to pick a team with so many to choose from. Instead of the stock answer about it being a good problem to have, he said it's hard to leave out players who are actually in good form. I wondered if he'd had a few knocks at the door.
I guess Christie is one-Moi maybe another. I'd imagine, considering Lenny doesn't change much when the team is winning, that Christie will be concerned having been on the road to player of the year that he now becomes a peripheral figure when the big games are coming.
The formation change won't have put minds at ease either. Christie was Edouard's main supprt in 4-2-3-1. Now with two strikers and Ntcham's form it might be hard to get back in.
Much as Mofo has done well recently I'd still have Christie as a first pick, the Bhoy's been dynamite for the last year.
Frimpong is another that might find it difficult getting back in through no fault of his own.
Wealth of riches at the moment, long may it last.

Members online

Latest posts

Back