Aberdeen v Celtic - Premiership, Sunday 16 February kick-off 12pm - all comments here...

Tried to create a thread about this but I'm too much of an idiot, speaking of idiots, the bold Cha reckons that whichever team out of the bastard garden will beat Braga, who've just beat Benfica, and we will, obviously, get pumped by the team that's just been beat by the second worst team in Denmark. Cos that makes sense!! 😂!! I fucking give up.
Click on Forum's TS,then click on threads,click general or Celtic,put your heading in then go intae yer speil and post! 🍺 (y)

Check out Celtic TV's unique angle from yesterday, 1m 12 sec in after Ajer gets the winner and everyone in hoops is charging away to celebrate, and then we have Broonie, giving it tight to the sheep players, mad as a box of frogs that bhoy, 👍💚🍀🤣
Sportscene showed the same bit, but fae behind the Aberdeen goal. You can't see Broonies face but the Aberdeen player has a big smile on his face. Andrew Dallas is also in the shot but has a face like thunder. Check it oot

What would you rather see CD? the 3 or 4 at the back? Personally I'm for the 3 as it accommodates others like Griffiths into the side and we score an awful lot more goals with the 2 up front weve looked shaky at times with the 3 but have won every game. Should we go 3 or 4 away in Denmark?
Just to say one of my best spells following Celtic was the MON days and the 3-5-2 of the time.

4 at the back has pretty much always meant 3 or 2 at the back with the fullbacks pushing forward so much, especially domestically. Rodgers used to speak about it when mentioning KT being so advanced, a skewed 3 I'm sure he said. Probably why we get the odd bad result being so short at the back. 4 worked well at the start of the season, but Boli seems out of the picture, and Taylor is injured, and I reckon Hayes is better in a 3-5-2 than in a back 4. If we play 3 at the back, it effectively means Elyounoussi isn’t playing, and I thought he was a big reason we done well before. Eddy with him, Christie and Forrest behind got us top of the group. Griff and eddy are playing well though, and domestically I think we needed to change it. As mentioned a while back, it’s a pity it’s just 11 v 11 😂 ntcham’s playing well the now, but Christie is quality and normally has a LOT of energy, and I think that also helped start of the season in Europe. I’m actually questioning brown, going back to last season where our best spell was when he was out. There’s no doubting he’s a leader on the pitch, and written off countless times (I mind him playing RM), but he compresses back on to the defence too much. I think he’s making too much bad play just now, along with the defence looking suspect. Ntcham & McGregor with Christie in midfield? The good thing is, we’ve got the players to change formation and substitute as needed. It’s probably the strongest squad we’ve had in a long time.

Just to say one of my best spells following Celtic was the MON days and the 3-5-2 of the time.

4 at the back has pretty much always meant 3 or 2 at the back with the fullbacks pushing forward so much, especially domestically. Rodgers used to speak about it when mentioning KT being so advanced, a skewed 3 I'm sure he said. Probably why we get the odd bad result being so short at the back. 4 worked well at the start of the season, but Boli seems out of the picture, and Taylor is injured, and I reckon Hayes is better in a 3-5-2 than in a back 4. If we play 3 at the back, it effectively means Elyounoussi isn’t playing, and I thought he was a big reason we done well before. Eddy with him, Christie and Forrest behind got us top of the group. Griff and eddy are playing well though, and domestically I think we needed to change it. As mentioned a while back, it’s a pity it’s just 11 v 11 😂 ntcham’s playing well the now, but Christie is quality and normally has a LOT of energy, and I think that also helped start of the season in Europe. I’m actually questioning brown, going back to last season where our best spell was when he was out. There’s no doubting he’s a leader on the pitch, and written off countless times (I mind him playing RM), but he compresses back on to the defence too much. I think he’s making too much bad play just now, along with the defence looking suspect. Ntcham & McGregor with Christie in midfield? The good thing is, we’ve got the players to change formation and substitute as needed. It’s probably the strongest squad we’ve had in a long time.
Great post Cheezy,ah wiz brought up wi the Lions a flexible 2-4-4,John Clark one of the most intelligent,yet under estimated players ever!!!!
Clark and Cesar in defence
craig and Gemmell gallopin up and doon the flanks,bertie and murdoch centre mid, jinky and lennox on the wings,wispy and stevie c through the middle, but we also had players ready and able to step up ,yogi, joe mcbride, ach, they were the days, total football, the Dutch copped on and we forgot!!! 2-4-4!!! COYBIG! ☘ 🍺

Great post Cheezy,ah wiz brought up wi the Lions a flexible 2-4-4,John Clark one of the most intelligent,yet under estimated players ever!!!!
Clark and Cesar in defence
craig and Gemmell gallopin up and doon the flanks,bertie and murdoch centre mid, jinky and lennox on the wings,wispy and stevie c through the middle, but we also had players ready and able to step up ,yogi, joe mcbride, ach, they were the days, total football, the Dutch copped on and we forgot!!! 2-4-4!!! COYBIG! ☘ 🍺
Before my time 😂 would love to have seen jinky week in week out

Think I'd agree with that except for broonies part in it. It's true what you said , when hes been out of the side weve played well. When hes been in the side I think this season hes been immense and a big factor in our form post winter break. Cant underestimate what it means to the players to have him,his experience and his no small amount of ability. An absolute rock in our midfield for me I'd worry if he was absent from the games we have coming up. I think it's one thing that we have the players who can step in if hes out but calmac or any other pretender to his throne has big massive boots to fill when the time comes, mind many reckoned he was finished during ronnys reign and hes blown that out of the water. Some of his goals have been outstanding bar the clyde goal but he still scored it. He doesn't really do ordinary goals does he lol. I'd rather have broony in the starting XI than not opposition players fear him and not just for his ability, not sure we can say that of many of our other players HH

Just watched this game again , it's pretty clear to me that we still struggle from corners ,set peices and wide crosses into the box, Taylor's goal was criminal defending on 2nd look, no one picking him up calmac too late by the time he realised the danger. This I think will be Copenhagens approach thankfully they are missing as many as 6 regulars but Fischer I'm glad wont be playing. That said our midfield play is superb and the interaction between midfield and the strikers is a joy to watch. Griffiths rolling his man and losing 2 defenders after to roll to eddy then forrest (who should've scored and has come back onto his game of late) before calmac put it away ,all of it was down to Griffiths tenacity and refusal to give up , brilliant to see him back to close to his best. The 2nd goal? Absolute thing of beauty and up there with the v st johnstone team goal. Weve done well away in Europe this season and I see no reason why that wont continue. Copenhagen are no mugs we all know that from experience but on this form I think we'll win over there though a scoring draw isn't a bad result either. Mon the hoops HH

45 month consistency in scooping all the major honours.

Well done bhoys. So loving your work and immensely proud of you.

Members online

No members online now.

Back