Aberdeen v Celtic - Sunday 2nd October, kick off 12.00

I thought yesterday was a very hard fought victory that we just about deserved - exactly as you'd expect from against one of the top contenders outwith the two Glasgow teams. I thought Aberdeen made excellent use of their extra man (Madden is a fecking disgrace who I actually think is getting worse) and Broony is an amazing example of the consummate hard-working professional.

Yes, not the greatest performance but IMO the result was what mattered the most and we did it.

I'm hoping that the reaction after the match will produce similar to results to another hard-won late victory a few years ago at Pittodrie when the Ronny Roar was invented (now that was hard not getting too carried away watching that in amongst the home support) when we kicked on with a fantastic team spirit. I hope a lot of the new bhoys will have seen exactly what it means to wear the Hoops and will work even harder.

Last edited:
Have noticed how teams , any teams are playing the ball over the top of the midfield when were using the high press , sometimes we need to mix it up and get hart to punt the ball instead of always playing out especially when under pressure

I went into this game with all sorts of thoughts and scenarios swirling around in my my mind. The less than auspicious start to our league campaign made for a pressure pot situation. Of course, the same has to be said for The Dons. Would a draw be acceptable ? No chance ! Drop all three points ? Simply unthinkable ! I had my ritual pre-match blether on the blower with my brother, and while we were hoping for a performance from The Hoops, we couldn't help but agree that the only thing that mattered was winning. So, in that respect, target achieved. For us to go into the international break having dropped anything would've been very difficult. I'll say in advance our next game against 'Well comes into pretty much the same category.
As for the game itself, I thought we started well, controlling the game, but without working their keeper. Where have you heard that before ?
Credit where credit's due, I felt the opposition fullbacks had a degree of success against our wingers, thus cutting off service to Kyogo. I accept though, that Jota always looked likely to provide the spark we needed. We could spend an eternity scrutinising the performance of both individuals or indeed areas of the team, but when all's said and done, it is in fact, a very important win. HH

On young Montys performance yesterday, defo not at his best, jumped like a wee ghirl when the ball came off of Fergusons hump and landed in our net, he struggled a bit as well second half as the sheep attempted to single him out as a weak link, but had the guts to stick at it and popped up with a beauty of an assist for Jota to win the game.

He could have easily went into his shell and felt sorry for himself but he seems to be made of sterner stuff and wasnt afraid to go looking for the ball in their box late on, well done young mhan. 👍👍
'Ferguson's HUMP' Ha Ha, Belter 50 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A 13-year-old boy has been charged after a plastic bottle was thrown during the Aberdeen game against Celtic on Sunday.
Police Scotland said the teenager was charged in connection with a breach of the peace after the bottle was thrown towards the pitch. No-one was injured.
The bottle was thrown from the Aberdeen end. A report will be submitted to the Youth Justice Management Unit.
Celtic won the game 2-1

A 13-year-old boy has been charged after a plastic bottle was thrown during the Aberdeen game against Celtic on Sunday.
Police Scotland said the teenager was charged in connection with a breach of the peace after the bottle was thrown towards the pitch. No-one was injured.
The bottle was thrown from the Aberdeen end. A report will be submitted to the Youth Justice Management Unit.
Celtic won the game 2-1
a better get to specsavers the guy on the telly looked 33 and plod just stood an d watched him

a better get to specsavers the guy on the telly looked 33 and plod just stood an d watched him
Apparently he wasn't the one who threw the bottle Kelly, and if he's in his 30's, wtf are they eating in sheep country, looked more like 50 odd
If you watch the replay he's sitting shouting at wee Jota, then gets up and comes down to the front to 'congratulate' him...or mibbe an attempt to get a hug :rolleyes:
The diceys should charge that fat bastard with inciting a riot, for getting up off his fat arse, to confront the Celtic players

HH

I went into this game with all sorts of thoughts and scenarios swirling around in my my mind. The less than auspicious start to our league campaign made for a pressure pot situation. Of course, the same has to be said for The Dons. Would a draw be acceptable ? No chance ! Drop all three points ? Simply unthinkable ! I had my ritual pre-match blether on the blower with my brother, and while we were hoping for a performance from The Hoops, we couldn't help but agree that the only thing that mattered was winning. So, in that respect, target achieved. For us to go into the international break having dropped anything would've been very difficult. I'll say in advance our next game against 'Well comes into pretty much the same category.
As for the game itself, I thought we started well, controlling the game, but without working their keeper. Where have you heard that before ?
Credit where credit's due, I felt the opposition fullbacks had a degree of success against our wingers, thus cutting off service to Kyogo. I accept though, that Jota always looked likely to provide the spark we needed. We could spend an eternity scrutinising the performance of both individuals or indeed areas of the team, but when all's said and done, it is in fact, a very important win. HH
Definitely a very important win Frank usually always is against the Don's. Wouldve been brutal to losd to a scott brown Aberdeen side as well. Jota looks like a top player in the making to me I'm glad hes got that goal I thought he was trying to hard almost with Christie style speculative shots from inconceivable positions now he has that he can calm doon and play his game think he'll be brilliant for us

Definitely a very important win Frank usually always is against the Don's. Wouldve been brutal to losd to a scott brown Aberdeen side as well. Jota looks like a top player in the making to me I'm glad hes got that goal I thought he was trying to hard almost with Christie style speculative shots from inconceivable positions now he has that he can calm doon and play his game think he'll be brilliant for us
Got to agree with you on Jota. Of all our signings I was really only confident Kyogo and Hart were of the required quality. I'm happy to say Jota has joined them. Jury's still out on the rest as far as I'm concerned Winter. Hopefully some of them can settle and step up to the task ahead.

Really enjoyed the win and the celebrations with the supporters and the team at the end regardless of the performance. We deserved a break despite the attempts of Madden and I'm hoping that win might just be a turning point in the season. The mib are getting that other mob over the line as expected but all is not well with Slippy and his bosses and that could well implode soon enough. Delighted to see our togetherness in adversity and continuous pressure currently coming from all angles. Well done to Ange and the bhoys for winning a massive game in the current climate and as I say what might be just the turning point in our season. HH

Celtic won the game 2-1

Personally I Think that Madhun done us a favour with Jota...any other time a player is booked by the letter of the law for crossing the line to celebrate...Jota did this and more and had already been booked....just saying

Got to agree with you on Jota. Of all our signings I was really only confident Kyogo and Hart were of the required quality. I'm happy to say Jota has joined them. Jury's still out on the rest as far as I'm concerned Winter. Hopefully some of them can settle and step up to the task ahead.
Aye Kyogo Abada Hart Jota all look the part hopefully CCV will be the same hes done ok but not overly impressed me like the others mentioned though I think and hope he will. We were a minute from going 8pts behind after 6 games and that's unacceptable for Celtic. The 6 pts behind we are can be pulled back as they're on the brink of implosion 1 bad result and the zombies will be all over slippy and rumours that slippys relationship with the powers that be in the bigotdome arent what they once were are gaining momentum. Slippy looking at England?

Members online

Latest posts

Back