Aberdeen v Celtic - Match Thread

I know what team I'd like to see at Pittodrie in a 4-4-2 but just have to hope that Lenny has finally seen what we can all see and isn't so bloody minded as to stubbornly stick by his failed team selection.

Christie loves it up here so I'd start him for his high energy (but threaten him that the team bus will throw him off at Tillydrone if he continues to shoot at goal on sight or takes any dead balls) and Rogic too.

We need to kick start our season on Sunday. MTH 🍀

By getting his communications skills up to speed, and possibly needs to rebuild his confidence after the week he has had. I am not dismissing at all but surely the language barrier has to be a problem as I am yet to see him move his lips
So we play him for 4-5 games whatever then say " big man, we need you to know the lingo before you kick a baw again" comprehende🤣

So we play him for 4-5 games whatever then say " big man, we need you to know the lingo before you kick a baw again" comprehende🤣
John i get your point about him not commanding his box and admit that needs to develope between him and defenders but the only way to achieve that is more games together. Heard the backroom staff are encouraging him to bulk up also. Give the guy a chance is what I'm saying.🍀

John i get your point about him not commanding his box and admit that needs to develope between him and defenders but the only way to achieve that is more games together. Heard the backroom staff are encouraging him to bulk up also. Give the guy a chance is what I'm saying.🍀
I do believe he will come good and don't have him at fault for goals against him. He looks like a man who is lacking in a bit of confidence at the moment and the defence has hardly helped him out at the moment. I have been saying for such a long time now that the triangle of keeper and 2 CB's is the most important on the pitch. We haven't as of yet played that way which is also maybe unfair on a keeper that is not Comfortable with a 3 either. I want him to succeed and think he will in time

We will have 16 players on the field over the 90+ minutes. We need to be strong at the back. Strong in the middle and strong up front. I expect Aberdeen to defend and hope for a few counter attacks and set pieces. We have so many midfield options I cannot pick a starting team or bench but at some stage I would like to see Turnbull, Soro and Rogic take the field. I'd like us to play two fit strikers. This is a must win game.

Griffiths
Rogic
Laxalt Cal Christie Frimpong

Taylor Ajer Duffy Brown

Bain

Theres a controversial 4411

Brown at right back since he no dictating play so well but still has presence and bite

And back 4 to stay vigilant as back four letting other 6 push forward with cal playing deep playmaker right in centre of park. no out wide

christie playing dynamic box to box

and frimpong concentrating on forward only with big bad brown supporting him and directing him behind

Griffiths
Rogic

Taylor Ajer Duffy Brown

Bain

Brown at right back since he no dictating play so well but still has presence and bite

And back 4 to stay vigilant as back four letting other 6 push forward with cal playing deep playmaker right in centre of park. no out wide

and frimpong concentrating on forward only with big bad brown supporting him and directing him behind
Controversial TET!

Griffiths
Rogic

Taylor Ajer Duffy Brown

Bain

Can see the sence in it tet but you and I know there is not much of a chance of that happening. I must admit I am struggling to find a place for brown in any formation that would still make us look strong. Never entered my head as a right back mind

id like to see duffy in a back four and id like see Taylor playing left back without the constant winger starting position

I assume el hamed injured though
I can't see El ham being available either and only a couple of weeks ago we were all giving out about our left side of the park, now we are short on the right. Agreed that duffers can only play in a 4 as he needs someone to bail him out for his lack of pace

Don’t think he could really play as the modern right back is expected to nowadays
Im think more flatter back 4 rather than overlapping

think we need that more than extra attacking wingbacks to steady the balance in team and create space for our clever players to exploit rather than hordes on their defensive line and running wrong way

let christie frimpong and Laxalt run at defenders

with Rogic picking holes and Griffiths lurking about box for the runners beating man and hitting low drives to his left peg

Im think more flatter back 4 rather than overlapping

think we need that more than extra attacking wingbacks to steady the balance in team and create space for our clever players to exploit rather than hordes on their defensive line and running wrong way

let christie frimpong and Laxalt run at defenders

with Rogic picking holes and Griffiths lurking about box for the runners beating man and hitting low drives to his left peg
Only problem tet is would brown and Taylor get nose bleeds if they had to make a forward pass?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back