Affordable Alternatives to Lustig

Prague67Bhoy

I know I bark on about the players who strut their stuff in the Central European Leagues, but there is some real talent here. If we are genuine about seeking a new right back we could do a lot worse than have a look at some of the lads playing for Slavia Praha. Players of the ilk of Vladimir Coufal have CL experience and would cost around one million quid (just half of Lawwell´s bonus).

Last edited:
I know I bark on about the players who strut their stuff in the Central European League, but there is some real talent here. If we are genuine about seeking a new right back we could do a lot worse than have a look at some of the lads playing for Slavia Praha. Players of the ilk of Vladimir Coufal have CL experience and would cost around one million quid (just half of Lawwell´s bonus).
Theres no doubt theres value to be had in that region,im sure our money would go a lot further in that market,i reckon we could uncover a gem or two

Reactions: TET
There are some very fine players who ply their trade here in the Czech Republic. In the past Wilfried Bony spent a few years with Sparta, and Edin Džeko spent two years with Teplice. It is not just a market for Czech players, many different nations have some representation. Hearts have signed David Vaněček for a tiny sum.... and I expect him to do well in Scotland.

I have a feeling that young Manny Perez is being lined up to replace Lustig. I know he is just a kid but he looked to have something about him. I would obviously prefer we bought someone of quality and brought young Manny on gradually, but I can’t see us spending any money so that option for me, sadly, is a non starter.

I know I bark on about the players who strut their stuff in the Central European Leagues, but there is some real talent here. If we are genuine about seeking a new right back we could do a lot worse than have a look at some of the lads playing for Slavia Praha. Players of the ilk of Vladimir Coufal have CL experience and would cost around one million quid (just half of Lawwell´s bonus).

Everyone moans when we buy a player at a million tthough. Fkd if we do fkd if we dont ???

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some very fine players who ply their trade here in the Czech Republic. In the past Wilfried Bony spent a few years with Sparta, and Edin Džeko spent two years with Teplice. It is not just a market for Czech players, many different nations have some representation. Hearts have signed David Vaněček for a tiny sum.... and I expect him to do well in Scotland.

Worth a look. I wonder if our scouts have bothered?

I personally think Tony Ralston looks very promising. Lustig has been magnificent over the years and we all know his age-onset deficiencies now, so Ralston gets the nod over him now for me, I would have had him on from the start in that last game against the Slevco.

I personally think Tony Ralston looks very promising. Lustig has been magnificent, but Ralston gets the nod over him now for me, I would have had him on from the start in that last game against the Slevco.

I’m not convinced he is good enough, he didn’t play well when he came on, but at least he got fucking stuck in. Which is more than can be said for the rest of the team.

I don't think he did bad at all. Ryan Kent was absolutely owning Lustig for most of the match. Ralston nullified him. I don't think they score that goal, which was initiated by Lustig diving in too early and inviting an easy cutback from Kent after being outpaced by him in the box, if Ralston is on from the beginning. It's a silly hypothetical, I know.

I don't think he did bad at all. Ryan Kent was absolutely owning Lustig for most of the match. Ralston nullified him. I don't think they score that goal, which was initiated by Lustig diving in too early and inviting an easy cutback from Kent after being outpaced by him in the box, if Ralston is on from the beginning. It's a silly hypothetical, I know.

No question Lustig needs replaced. I love the big cunt and he has been a true Celt but time has overtaken him, along with every winger he now faces. I just don’t think young Ralston is the answer. He may have to be, but, let’s see if we bring in a replacement.

Lawwell might buy him out of his own wad?

HH?

I personally think Tony Ralston looks very promising. Lustig has been magnificent over the years and we all know his age-onset deficiencies now, so Ralston gets the nod over him now for me, I would have had him on from the start in that last game against the Slevco.
Thought he deserved his place as he had played well in the previous 2 or 3 games,got forward well and got on the scoresheet also

Members online

Latest posts

Back