Ah hate this thought,but Broony,the spirit is strong, but the body,can't hack it any more

Bigger clubs than Celtic (and there aren't many) realise that all players have a shelf life and it's about utilising them sensibly and sparingly.

On the back of an injury, Broony shouldn't have been anywhere near the starting XI tonight, but he would have been a great presence on the bench at the very least.

I want him to lead us to 10, but with his game based so much on physicality - Lenny has to manage his playing time effectively. Lenny was honest enough as a player to know when he couldn't cut it anymore, I don't want to see him having to make that decision with Broony.

Think the whole team were shocking like TT said.

Taylor n rogic first half were decent but the whole night was a shambles.

I think Lenny should have learned from last week and clearly didn’t, thats life.

I think when a team doesn’t perform as a whole then no-one should be singled out.

I can see SP’s point with regards to pace etc and if a player has lost some then use him accordingly but that could be the team on tonights performance.

I think Broony will retire soon anyway but lets not be hasty in singling him out after all many a time gone by he proved invaluable after previously being written off.

Think Verdict made a point last week that we lack physicality by fk was he right it was screaming out us tonight

Bigger clubs than Celtic (and there aren't many) realise that all players have a shelf life and it's about utilising them sensibly and sparingly.

On the back of an injury, Broony shouldn't have been anywhere near the starting XI tonight, but he would have been a great presence on the bench at the very least.

I want him to lead us to 10, but with his game based so much on physicality - Lenny has to manage his playing time effectively. Lenny was honest enough as a player to know when he couldn't cut it anymore, I don't want to see him having to make that decision with Broony.
Fuckin horrendous tonight .🙄

Think the whole team were shocking like TT said.

Taylor n rogic first half were decent but the whole night was a shambles.

I think Lenny should have learned from last week and clearly didn’t, thats life.

I think when a team doesn’t perform as a whole then no-one should be singled out.

I can see SP’s point with regards to pace etc and if a player has lost some then use him accordingly but that could be the team on tonights performance.

I think Broony will retire soon anyway but lets not be hasty in singling him out after all many a time gone by he proved invaluable after previously being written off.
The problem we have though, is that we have to start planning the Broony contingency right now.

He reads the game well enough, so we can still play him in a fair chunk of games, but a midfield has to work as a unit and there are too many gaps and too much fresh air between our midfielders due to Broony's natural tendency to now sit a bit deeper.

It leaves the other two centres isolated and doesn't always give an 'out' ball when our wide players have to look inward.

I wouldn't dare write him off, but old father time is a devious bastard and is putting the high press on.

Unfortunately, Broony lying so deep does partly explain some of the other poor performances tonight, but it doesn't legislate for international defenders looking like rank amateurs.

Get that SP and someone should have been trained before now. Seems like its Calmac.

Way too much space with too many running forward from ball.

They flooded midfield they had us fkd all over the park tbh. My question is same shit show as last week so why set ourselves up like that?

Lenny has to take this on chin coz he got it wrong tonight. They played exact tactics last week and we had a week to adapt n just didn’t.

Its the embarrassing manner in which we go out in Europe thats the real rub.

The problem we have though, is that we have to start planning the Broony contingency right now.

He reads the game well enough, so we can still play him in a fair chunk of games, but a midfield has to work as a unit and there are too many gaps and too much fresh air between our midfielders due to Broony's natural tendency to now sit a bit deeper.

It leaves the other two centres isolated and doesn't always give an 'out' ball when our wide players have to look inward.

I wouldn't dare write him off, but old father time is a devious bastard and is putting the high press on.

Unfortunately, Broony lying so deep does partly explain some of the other poor performances tonight, but it doesn't legislate for international defenders looking like rank amateurs.
Brown main job is ball winner and support defence

His big weakness is he thinks he is better than he is at passing under pressure.

Cal Mac can pass the ball fast and accurate

Brown cant

But Brown can do the hard battle ball winning

If we play with number 10 floating

We really need someone who can make those longer midfield passes

Calmac can do it, Brown cant

But Cal is an attacking midfielder, his instinct is to move into space going forward.

If brown had passing range of Mcstay then Brown would be world class.

Brown is still one of best midfielders in UK, even now, coz he reads game well, but without the passing range he must, MUST have a passing option closer than 30+ yards in high press game.

Long high balls is ok if you have big tall fighter types to win aerial balls.

We have 2 centre backs and main midfielder who can win ball

But we dont have the 20 yard pass they need under high press.

the players in our team who can play high pass accurate passing can only do their thing is they have ball

Getting ball to them is vital in high press game.

But they are running from the ball too often, so dont see much of the ball

Which forces long hopeful balls or side way passing between defenders playing pig in middle with players who aren't that good at it. While the players who can do that better are running away from ball waiting for long accurate 40 yard passes low to feet?

When opposition pulls back with the runners like happens in double man marking games in Scotland our defence have freedom to run into midfield, but even then under less pressure they aren't that good at intricate fast moving low ball.

We get away with these tactics in Scotland because the opposition will get punished if they give our flair players space.

But good players in good shape will nullify the space without double marking flair and press the weakness which is browns limitations

And it totally nullifies our flair players cause in high balls forward they aren't much use.

And our back 5 cannot handle hard press with no 20 yard options to build an attack.

high press is weak against long high balls and big aerial players

But we dont have those players

Playing 5 flair players with attacking wingers leaves the 3 ball winners in team exposed to high press and it breaks under high press and we lose easily when high press is employed by 3 man tight midfield who stay within 20 yards of ball at all times.

Back