Alan Thompson cometh the hour cometh the man

BertieBhoy

Been out last night with a very old Celtic friend and as per usual we get a few drinks which always ends with Celtic chat and Rebs blaring in the background, so we get talking about old and not so old Celtic men and one that stands out for me in that great team that Saint Martin put together is Alan Thompson especially in a team that consisted of Larsson Sutton Hartson Lennon Petrov Balde McNamara I could go on as it was a time when we were spoiled as fans, but I always loved thommo he always came up with the goods when our strikers were being given the full brick wall defensive treatment just wish we had one of him just now! Kieron is getting close to being our new thommo ?Any thoughts of that great Celtic team would be a pleasure to read.

Been out last night with a very old Celtic friend and as per usual we get a few drinks which always ends with Celtic chat and Rebs blaring in the background, so we get talking about old and not so old Celtic men and one that stands out for me in that great team that Saint Martin put together is Alan Thompson especially in a team that consisted of Larsson Sutton Hartson Lennon Petrov Balde McNamara I could go on as it was a time when we were spoiled as fans, but I always loved thommo he always came up with the goods when our strikers were being given the full brick wall defensive treatment just wish we had one of him just now! Kieron is getting close to being our new thommo ?Any thoughts of that great Celtic team would be a pleasure to read.
What a team Bertie ,well capable of beating any of the big guns on their day.Always remember watching the Porto players fighting over who was marking big Bobo in the final ?good memories and definately my favourite era as a Celtic fan.

I seen thommo in the executive lounge at the hilton newcastle.

He was trying to get noticed. No being funny that i found a bit sad

Alan Thompson blotted his copybook in his last couple of months. More so for drinking with their tube (or is that TUPE) of a keeper, but the boy had a left peg on him and didn't mind a bit of afters either.

I'd like to see him brought back into the fold, but I know that some folk have concerns about his off-field behaviour.

I'd be a pretty sad-sack myself if it weren't for second, third, fourth, fifth chances though and if Lenny gets the permanent post, I'd like to see Alan Thompson get the opportunity to redeem himself.

I had a great view standing behind the goal when Thommo rolled a belter of a free kick along the carpet into the kop end at Anfield, then big bad John took his penalty kick miss frustration from the previous week out on Liverpool with a belter, it may not have lasted long but we did get a wee bit respect from that lot down the road with that win. How good were we that night troops.

Alan Thompson blotted his copybook in his last couple of months. More so for drinking with their tube (or is that TUPE) of a keeper, but the boy had a left peg on him and didn't mind a bit of afters either.

I'd like to see him brought back into the fold, but I know that some folk have concerns about his off-field behaviour.

I'd be a pretty sad-sack myself if it weren't for second, third, fourth, fifth chances though and if Lenny gets the permanent post, I'd like to see Alan Thompson get the opportunity to redeem himself.

The Lions drank with Willie Henderson n Jim Baxter after training so I suppose we can forgive him it's what he Done on the park I'm talking about and yes he'd be welcome back to paradise as far as I'm concerned and so would Chris Sutton I'm not a fan of his ramblings at times but great Celtic player and that's what counts.

The Lions drank with Willie Henderson n Jim Baxter after training so I suppose we can forgive him it's what he Done on the park I'm talking about and yes he'd be welcome back to paradise as far as I'm concerned and so would Chris Sutton I'm not a fan of his ramblings at times but great Celtic player and that's what counts.

Jim baxters mum lived in whifflet court.

Bet ye didn’t know that Bertie.

His son steven baxter told me.

I did not Maria that's very interesting ?My granny was a hairdresser and used to cut willie hendersons hair when he had some lol she always said he was a great wee guy met him a few times when he and Alfie Conn ran the barnyard in coatbridge many moons ago those two were some craic Henderson took it well on old firm days like water off a ducks back and fair play to him

Back