An Accident Waiting All Summer to Happen

''Time for a debate '' - We can debate all we like but OUR voices , as always , will fall on deaf Boardroom ears . PL is a CEO who produces a good business return each year ( he has the bonuses to prove it ) but the Football Club always comes a distant second to the bottom line in the Annual Accounts .
So tell me - Who are we supposed to debate with ?
As usual , we will be talking to ourselves !

HH

Reactions: Ray
over 2.500 members,maybe 30,35 folk's postin, seem's like not enough of us give a phuq!

The Celtic Star had 216000 readers in July and is well on course to beat that in August. If you add The Celtic Blog, Video Celts etc then the numbers are huge and there are other sites too - 90 Minute Cynics were having a go at Lawwell last night, as were ETims. Lawwell has one or two sites in his back pocket but they are in decline.

It is my opinion that the low standard of our league means our ability to cope against champions league quality teams attacking with unprepared defenders cannot be resolved by making our team even better paid.

The shape of Celtic was all wrong against a decent team.

Lennon must take the blame for weak tactics.

I wanted Lennon.

But he got tat game badly wrong.

The players in our team are much better than cluj in every position imo.

But the overinflated egos were their again.

Confidence is massive but arrogance is our downfall.

Scott Brown decided to give them a penalty??? WTF

When we got to 3 v 2

Chritie stood there with pure rancid arrogance ripping through his smug smile.

Love a good celebration but instead of looking delighted and ready to kick on he looked like he was a God for scoring. And it was brilliant goal but to me thats a weakness in his mentality. Good but bad at same time confidence but too much takes eye off the ball.

Really need a better keeper. Bain is decent but too small for me which encourages forwards imo.

Lots of issues to resolve. the sale of Tierney only makes the bitter result even worse.

IMO better defenders were not needed if the tactics were right.

Better defenders cost more than club can afford. And current defenders aren't good enough at champions league level.

1 they don't get tested enough to prepare a better system in scotland
2 it costs 25 million and 75k per week to get Tierney level defenders.

Anything less than champions league defenders will be useless in CL
We cant afford CL defenders
Even if we had better defenders they will not be up to speed for champions league tactics unless we have better teams in scotland

Lennon and Brown failed in their duty in the game for me.

tactics were shit
Brown decided to give them a penalty and when we went 3 v 2 failed to prevent hubris and better shape

It happens |I forgive them both

Lawell cant authorise wages the club cannot afford
thats his job

when I saw christie smug celebration I thought we are getting done here

The urgency ended with that goal

The tactics were shit
the leadership was shit

A team from Rumania scored 4 goals

decent side but wtf lose 4 goals at home in a vital match

terrible hubris against a Rumanian champions which clearly is better league than ours coz even defending then scored 4 at parkhead

our defenders are good enough the shape and tactics were not.

Lawell is a want but he doing the job he paid to do. the wage budget we have is good enough to beat cluj

the players we have are better than them

the tactics were absolutely to blame coupled with hubris from fans and the players.

terrible result

so angry

even in Romania the team shape was wrong

its too open

but the fact it works against Scottish teams means its the only system team prepares adequately.

that cannot be solved by better players unless we buy players who aren't interested to play Scottish teams

If Man City or Barcelona played Scottish teams every week on their current wages its likely they would not be prepared for CL qualifiers and they could get sucker punched.

Anyway thats my contribution to debate.

The Celtic Star had 216000 readers in July and is well on course to beat that in August. If you add The Celtic Blog, Video Celts etc then the numbers are huge and there are other sites too - 90 Minute Cynics were having a go at Lawwell last night, as were ETims. Lawwell has one or two sites in his back pocket but they are in decline.
As David Potter has so eloquently informed us on The Celtic Star, we have had to endure far worse times than this while supporting Celtic.

Nowadays, with instant access and media coverage, the splits, divisions, and distress are far more evident than they ever were back in the good old/bad old days.

Perhaps we have all been spoiled with the recent unprecedented success, but the league titles were the least we could have expected given the standard of Scottish football in general terms.

In the aftermath of the WGS era, Lawwell got it horribly wrong in his decision making and recruitment policy, the last 8-years have provided him with credit in the bank (again, figuratively and metaphorically), but he's now using his overdraft facility as far as goodwill goes.

The numbers tuning into the various sites form a groundswell of opinion, throw in supporters groups like the Green Brigade and you have all the seeds of discontent ready for planting.

If the guardians of Our Club fail to heed the warning signs, then they have to be aware that we won't accept the spoonfeeding of bullshit that the huns lap up in dollops of (john) brown goodness.

If Peter and his cohorts are dipping their toes into the digital streams, then I hope he understands that we want him to succeed in his objectives, but not at any cost and not by selling the team and the fans puppies as pedigrees.

We are all aware of the market we operate in, but that does not exempt the club's financial arm from criticism when they sell the supporters terribly short.

We are now left questioning the recent recruitment, as yet again - new signings were getting splinters on their arses instead of grass on their boots.

It's time for some tough talking, if Lenny was not the architect of the Jullien and Boli deals, then he has to bite the bullet and say so. If an accountant is influencing the make-up of our team, then that has to be called out and rightly so.

It is my opinion that the low standard of our league means our ability to cope against champions league quality teams attacking with unprepared defenders cannot be resolved by making our team even better paid.

The shape of Celtic was all wrong against a decent team.

Lennon must take the blame for weak tactics.

I wanted Lennon.

But he got tat game badly wrong.

The players in our team are much better than cluj in every position imo.

But the overinflated egos were their again.

Confidence is massive but arrogance is our downfall.

Scott Brown decided to give them a penalty??? WTF

When we got to 3 v 2

Chritie stood there with pure rancid arrogance ripping through his smug smile.

Love a good celebration but instead of looking delighted and ready to kick on he looked like he was a God for scoring. And it was brilliant goal but to me thats a weakness in his mentality. Good but bad at same time confidence but too much takes eye off the ball.

Really need a better keeper. Bain is decent but too small for me which encourages forwards imo.

Lots of issues to resolve. the sale of Tierney only makes the bitter result even worse.

IMO better defenders were not needed if the tactics were right.

Better defenders cost more than club can afford. And current defenders aren't good enough at champions league level.

1 they don't get tested enough to prepare a better system in scotland
2 it costs 25 million and 75k per week to get Tierney level defenders.

Anything less than champions league defenders will be useless in CL
We cant afford CL defenders
Even if we had better defenders they will not be up to speed for champions league tactics unless we have better teams in scotland

Lennon and Brown failed in their duty in the game for me.

tactics were shit
Brown decided to give them a penalty and when we went 3 v 2 failed to prevent hubris and better shape

It happens |I forgive them both

Lawell cant authorise wages the club cannot afford
thats his job

when I saw christie smug celebration I thought we are getting done here

The urgency ended with that goal

The tactics were shit
the leadership was shit

A team from Rumania scored 4 goals

decent side but wtf lose 4 goals at home in a vital match

terrible hubris against a Rumanian champions which clearly is better league than ours coz even defending then scored 4 at parkhead

our defenders are good enough the shape and tactics were not.

Lawell is a want but he doing the job he paid to do. the wage budget we have is good enough to beat cluj

the players we have are better than them

the tactics were absolutely to blame coupled with hubris from fans and the players.

terrible result

so angry

even in Romania the team shape was wrong

its too open

but the fact it works against Scottish teams means its the only system team prepares adequately.

that cannot be solved by better players unless we buy players who aren't interested to play Scottish teams

If Man City or Barcelona played Scottish teams every week on their current wages its likely they would not be prepared for CL qualifiers and they could get sucker punched.

Anyway thats my contribution to debate.

I think there's more serious things to be concerned about than how Christie celebrates or the smug look on his face, for me he was m.o.m and when he scored i thought he'd just got broonie out of jail.

i agree with you that Bain isn't good enough, i definitely think we need a decent keeper.

The only good thing i can take out of last night is the fact that we're not going to get gubbed by a cricket score with the likes of man city or psg or any of the other big guns..if cluj can score 4 against us what do you think those teams could have done to us?

I think there's more serious things to be concerned about than how Christie celebrates or the smug look on his face, for me he was m.o.m and when he scored i thought he'd just got broonie out of jail.

i agree with you that Bain isn't good enough, i definitely think we need a decent keeper.

The only good thing i can take out of last night is the fact that we're not going to get gubbed by a cricket score with the likes of man city or psg or any of the other big guns..if cluj can score 4 against us what do you think those teams could have done to us?
I agree that there are more serious things to be concerned about, Timbo, but I do take TET's point too. The time for posturing and smugness is when the game's been won and we're into the next round.

Big question marks over the no.1 spot. Big question marks over the defensive line. Big question marks over the tactics. Even bigger question marks over the investment policy.

For as much as I would have happily pocketed the 30-40 million that would come with the group stages, I also agree that I couldn't stomach the prospect of a couple of 6/7 goal thrashings either.

I've always put up a defence of the board and Lenny, Timbo, but even cheerleaders like me are finding it difficult to defend the indefensible.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/spor...-exit-affect-ability-strengthen-celtic-squad/

Verdi read the article all your doing is posting shite, the loaded question "Asked if the Cluj loss would affect his transfer budget, he said: “I’m sure it will, but that’s not at the forefront of my mind at the minute. We all wanted Champions League football and we have only ourselves to blame for not getting that.

Thats like saying had you won and had you navigted the next round you would have six bob instead of three bob, any journalist worth his salt knows its loaded, what else can you reply, no going to say err no it will not affect the wage structure and other factors of running the club. Need to stop posting this shite, we got beat, Porto got pumped tonight, it happens, and for the record all Scottish teams and UK teams at our level are shite in Europe, stats do not lie. When is the last time a UK team curtailed to our spending budget won a European trophy.
Maybe getting players in to help us before we go out might be an option? Just a thought. We never do it so we go out because we haven’t sorted ourselves out. Then it’s, well this might have an impact shite every Fucking year.

Something has to change in our approach. Hope is not a sound strategy.

Maybe getting players in to help us before we go out might be an option? Just a thought. We never do it so we go out because we haven’t sorted ourselves out. Then it’s, well this might have an impact shite every Fucking year.

Something has to change in our approach. Hope is not a sound strategy.
which players are at fault last night?

which players are at fault last night?

First half we shat it again. Second we upped it and looked good, but it’s our ability to self harm in defence that is our greatest weakness. We were pressed high by Well and this unsettled us. Last night the same. We go to Mordor and they will do the same. The last two games there for me have been the most cowardly displays against them I have ever witnessed.

This time they need to stand up, hold their ground and fight, letting our higher level of ability win it for us.

A huge test of our team. I hope they have the balls for a fight. They have to.

Its alright saying get players in early, but even if we try agents smell another wee knock on bit to the price and then a wee leak to the media and its auction time. Turnbull,McGinn.
Well for all the doom and gloom around i will willingly take our situation as it stands over most teams not in Scotland but in other countries, for all the success of a lot of these teams has them sailing close to oblivion.

Its alright saying get players in early, but even if we try agents smell another wee knock on bit to the price and then a wee leak to the media and its auction time. Turnbull,McGinn.
Well for all the doom and gloom around i will willingly take our situation as it stands over most teams not in Scotland but in other countries, for all the success of a lot of these teams has them sailing close to oblivion.
I also don't think better players would do any better with that system we play in Europe

the fact that league 1 players in England look like world beaters in scotland shows how the standard of our overall league is rank rotten

Scottish football is very sick

our players are overpaid but in England are underpaid

and every other Scottish team are not capable of affording vanarama players

but that game at home should been a win

Lennon is to blame for me last night

When have we ever got the players we need in early for the the CL? I must have missed that year. So, my view would be let’s try that. Let’s face it, not doing it hasn’t really paid off. Or, did I miss when it did too?

I'm not quite in my "happy place" after last night, Boab, but I'm still not rattled by the zombie threat either.

The board, the backroom staff, and the players owe us a few big performances after last night. They can do themselves a lot of favours by getting the work gear on against the huns and to remind us all how good it is to be a Celtic supporter.

I'm disappointed by the fact, that for the second year in a row, we've been knocked out by a team who were beatable (and comfortably beatable too).

We seem to struggle against wily old pros and the tribute band have more than a few of that type in their ranks. Some of the Bhoys have to become men at the midden and put these dimwits to the sword once again.

Just thinking, if Cluj could to that to us last night, what would Sparta have done in the play off? Doesnt bear thinking about.
Again we doubt our own capabilities and yet we have overturned and lived with better teams, maybe the midset up here is just pish, for I am certain that most of our International players are not donkeys. Maybe Scotland and lack of competition is a factor, because good managers have struggled with us whilst also the good managers have also had success in other areas.
Anyway forme we are out of one into the next and we continue for nothing in here or any forum is going to change things and as far the shareholders are concerned come the end of a season they decide if success has been met and apparently they seem to agree it has, so we seem to be not at the boards mercy but the shareholders mercy, for it is they who control and appoint our board and decide if they are happy.

Latest posts

Back