An Gorta Mór the memory of the Genocide

quite an interesting read

good ole andrew jackson (creator of democrat party) stole their land and evicted them not long after they helped him defeat the british army in 1812

the indians despite being driven off their lands and starved (by Jackson and his slave driving buddies for their own personal wealth) sent relief to the irish people who were being starved worse by the british regime

Last edited:
First Nations across North America have been mistreated for centuries by consecutive Govt's
Research the 'Residential Schools' scandal where First Nations kids were removed from their families and were abused and in some cases murdered by those who ran the 'schools'
They are only now finding hundreds upon hundreds of unmarked graves, across Canada, with FN kids corpses in them
There are reservations which haven't had access to clean drinking water, and have been under boil water advisories for years
One since the 90's, it's criminal
The Indigenous people deserve better, and the Govt attempted to remove their culture from Canada's history

Last edited:
A fine memorial to all the people who suffered during the famine and the hardship the first generation irish in scotland had to put up with also the up to the present day were anti irish racism is very much alive and still thriving in the whole of Scotland.I hope to see it in person the next time I'm over.well done to the people who got this fine memorial erected very well done.

First Nations across North America have been mistreated for centuries by consecutive Govt's
Research the 'Residential Schools' scandal where First Nations kids were removed from their families and were abused and in some cases murdered by those who ran the 'schools'
They are only now finding hundreds upon hundreds of unmarked graves, across Canada, with FN kids corpses in them
There are reservations which haven't had access to clean drinking water, and have been under boil water advisories for years
One since the 90's, it's criminal
The Indigenous people deserve better, and the Govt attempted to remove their culture from Canada's history
I seen this Dill as it was touched upon briefly on the Canadian series Ann with an E.... (formerly Anne of greengables ) something I never knew about. A very informative thread of interest...thanks to all for the posts.

A fine memorial to all the people who suffered during the famine and the hardship the first generation irish in scotland had to put up with also the up to the present day were anti irish racism is very much alive and still thriving in the whole of Scotland.I hope to see it in person the next time I'm over.well done to the people who got this fine memorial erected very well done.
Was not a famine Jinky Ireland has sheep and cattle wheat and barley and wildlife aplenty it was genocide and the clearing of people to accommodate sheep and cattle which was worth more to land owners, the owners drove the labourers of the land when they saw better opportunities and the potato blight was the perfect excuse to do it, ordinary folk owned nothing hence the fields of Athenry and the stealing of corn to feed the young

Was not a famine Jinky Ireland has sheep and cattle wheat and barley and wildlife aplenty it was genocide and the clearing of people to accommodate sheep and cattle which was worth more to land owners, the owners drove the labourers of the land when they saw better opportunities and the potato blight was the perfect excuse to do it, ordinary folk owned nothing hence the fields of Athenry and the stealing of corn to feed the young
Think I saw somewhere there was a famine in Scotland also no idea if at same time as what happened to the Irish bit is there any truth in Scottish famine and connection??

Back